• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wuhan originally

properly over it or just semi-skimmed ?

Look at you all. Brewster's Minions.

Posted Images

The Christmas/NY period traditionally brings freak results, or a kind of chaos. It seems like this compressed calendar plus closed stadiums is making that a whole season thing.

I say we win many games and claim this landscape.

1 minute ago, Earl Hafler said:

I haven't seen their last few games but he was ropey before those 

But its telling while Mourinho rotates Højbjerg is playing in every game basically every minute even in Europa League.

2 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

I am a bit worried about our tough away games. Southampton Wolves spurs arsenal united city. Can probably add Leeds and some other s*** but tough teams.

I don’t think home advantage counts for all that much during current times. Tough opponents but the away factor is minimal.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

I don’t think home advantage counts for all that much during current times. Tough opponents but the away factor is minimal.

The Wolves boss was asked about home advantage earlier and he dismissed it - said something like that without the passion of the fans then its a game of football between 2 sides and that the stadium doesn’t count (something like that)

Its been a huge question in football about how much home advantage is a factor - I wonder if somehow this period can be used to shine a light on the impact.

Seasoned players like Milner, Azpiliceuta, Luiz, Walker, Alderwireld, Vardy - players that spent the majority of their careers in full stadiums and competing at a high level. Can they, or similar players, tell us what the drop off is like ?

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald
29 minutes ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

The Wolves boss was asked about home advantage earlier and he dismissed it - said something like that without the passion of the fans then its a game of football between 2 sides and that the stadium doesn’t count (something like that)

Its been a huge question in football about how much home advantage is a factor - I wonder if somehow this period can be used to shine a light on the impact.

Seasoned players like Milner, Azpiliceuta, Luiz, Walker, Alderwireld, Vardy - players that spent the majority of their careers in full stadiums and competing at a high level. Can they, or similar players, tell us what the drop off is like ?

Yeah it has to be a big factor - players feed off the crowd. Although I think Vardy spent half his career playing in front of two old blokes and their dogs!

I still think the season will end up being far more normal than loads are suggesting. There’s always a few surprises near the top this early, and they always slide down soon enough. 

Be stunned if the top two isn’t us and city again.

3 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I still think the season will end up being far more normal than loads are suggesting. There’s always a few surprises near the top this early, and they always slide down soon enough. 

I think us and Spurs... Think they'll get stronger as the season goes on

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Was having a look at various stats before and amazingly our attack has played at a higher level than it did last season. Have a look at that sweet, sweet xG number. If the defence goes a little bit more normal and we continue at this rate than we'll absolutely piss the league, given we've had what I think is now fair to describe of an absolute t*** of a start. 

https://understat.com/league/EPL

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Flasher said:

I think us and Spurs... Think they'll get stronger as the season goes on

I’d still say city but yeah Spurs do look good so far. Kane has been incredible the times I’ve seen him. They still look like they could be prone to too many off days though. 

Spurs have got an advantage in this early stage in that while they have midweek games, they don't have to play their best players in them cos they're playing pig farmers and they'll be qualified with at least a game to space, so they really need to make hay this side of December. 

20 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Not sure if it’s posted elsewhere but Klopp has decided we’ll make the move to the new training complex in November, after the City game and during the international break. 

Were we originally meant to be in there in the summer? I guess as with a lot of things, Covid's f***ed timescales up

Yeah but apparently the sale of Melwood had a clause to say we could stay put for this entire season if we wanted, If there were unforeseen circumstances. Klopp had final say on when we made the move and he’s made it now, according to the athletic. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Not sure if it’s posted elsewhere but Klopp has decided we’ll make the move to the new training complex in November

Let's hope he doesn't tell Adrian.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Swipe said:

I’d still say city but yeah Spurs do look good so far. Kane has been incredible the times I’ve seen him. They still look like they could be prone to too many off days though. 

Kane is playing a lot deeper isn't he, turning into provider for wide forwards bombing forward. Hard to defend against and they are scoring loads. 

1 hour ago, psl said:

Sounds like Aguero will miss our game which is great because he always scores at their place against us.

Aguero and accurate injury timetables are like oil and water