6 minutes ago, LicK said:

Well according to that article it hasn't. So.

French app seems to have been a failure in part for the reasons that the original plan for the British one was abandoned - centralised system, s*** for privacy and not compatible with other countries systems.

Successful contacts in the hundreds out of a population of 83mill doesn't strike as a roaring success. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wuhan originally

properly over it or just semi-skimmed ?

Look at you all. Brewster's Minions.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Successful contacts in the hundreds out of a population of 83mill doesn't strike as a roaring success. 

It was launched in June, and by the start of July had alerted several hundreds of cases, according to that article. So fair to assume it's done quite a few more by late September, I would think. Maybe even several thousand.

The other point well made by the Germans in the same article is that an app is only part of the test and trace process anyway. Most of it is paperwork and legwork. Over here we have neither an app nor a fully functioning process.

It was launched in June, and by the start of July had alerted several hundreds of cases, according to that article. So fair to assume it's done quite a few more by late September, I would think. Maybe even several thousand.

The other point well made by the Germans in the same article is that an app is only part of the test and trace process anyway. Most of it is paperwork and legwork. Over here we have neither an app nor a fully functioning process.

The local public health tracing teams in the UK are doing a good job by all accounts, unlike the government cronies.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

The local public health tracing teams in the UK are doing a good job by all accounts, unlike the government cronies.

So I've read. Outperforming the private lot by a distance. But unfortunately there's not enough of them, and they don't have the resources they need because of the outsourcing fiasco. If the govt had gone straight away to the localised model, and given them the money instead of Dido f***ing Harding and Serco, things might have been different.

Edited by LicK
  • Like 1

So I've read. Outperforming the private lot by a distance. But unfortunately there's not enough of them, and they don't have the resources they need because of the outsourcing fiasco. If the govt had gone straight away to the localised model, and given them the money instead of Dido f***ing Harding and Serco, things might have been different.

Yep. Dedicated staff, multiple phone calls, knowledge of community issues, using community-based staff to knock on doors etc all working quite well. 

Just now, muleskinner said:

I was surprised to read that UK has done more than Germany.

Wheres that from mate? 

Its also weird that we have had over 400,000 cases while Germany has had 277,000. We Haven't had double the amount of cases but we have had over 4 times the amount of deaths 

This is from John Hopkins

22 minutes ago, scoose said:

Wheres that from mate? 

Its also weird that we have had over 400,000 cases while Germany has had 277,000. We Haven't had double the amount of cases but we have had over 4 times the amount of deaths 

This is from John Hopkins

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1028731/covid19-tests-select-countries-worldwide/

3 minutes ago, NeilJ said:

I think there's some oranges and apples in that list. 

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3497

ah ok - I have to say I genuinely don't trust this government with numbers

This sounds sensible:

“I would suggest that the performance metrics they should be looking at is whether people who need PCR testing get a test within 24 hours of need (tick 1), get the results in 24 hours of response (tick 2), together with a conversation with an appropriate healthcare practitioner (tick 3) and contact tracer (tick 4),” he said.

Edited by scoose
21 hours ago, muleskinner said:

I was surprised to read that UK has done more than Germany.

Not sure about that AT ALL...

"tests" in the UK include tests that have been posted out but not completed. Even as far as tests that were posted out in bulk to places like care homes that hadn't ordered the quantity that were delivered. 

Just been a race to reach targets by any means, method or quantification, rather than an attempt to actually test for the virus. 

Also, rather than the scatter gun of letting anyone order a test (which the government is now blaming for overwhelming the testing infrastructure) the Germans have only been testing people who have presented with actual symptoms. 

So I doubt very much the UK has completed as many tests as published and I doubt that the ones we have completed are as "good" as the German ones. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Billy Talbot said:

Not sure about that AT ALL...

"tests" in the UK include tests that have been posted out but not completed. Even as far as tests that were posted out in bulk to places like care homes that hadn't ordered the quantity that were delivered. 

Just been a race to reach targets by any means, method or quantification, rather than an attempt to actually test for the virus. 

Also, rather than the scatter gun of letting anyone order a test (which the government is now blaming for overwhelming the testing infrastructure) the Germans have only been testing people who have presented with actual symptoms. 

So I doubt very much the UK has completed as many tests as published and I doubt that the ones we have completed are as "good" as the German ones. 

Like I said, I was surprised to read it. This thread has been derailed though I'd say 

I don’t often watch back games straight after - i did with the Chelsea game and it finally hit me.

this team is the best team in the world. By some distance. I think that klopp and the players know it but I reckon as fans so many of ours still have doubts.

when united were on top you knew they would win but they were consistent - like a truck that was just run through. With this team, it’s evolving and probing. Go long, short, on the break, go patient it can mix it up. We had 2 center halves out and still had a better back line than anyone else in the league.

then when Thiago comes on and you see what he brings.

I genuinely think this is the best team I’ve ever seen. May not be as smooth as Barca, certainly not won enough but on the pitch, today, can’t see any reason another team would be odds on favourite to win, home or away.

not even in England anymore and extremely frustrated you lads can’t get in to see them live because this is a moment in history.

Edited by growler
  • Like 1