By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2020/2021 Season

Cobs

On 06/10/2020 at 10:17, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

yep - I was vilified before the Villa game for suggesting we should have been considering postponement since 2 cases had come out & more were quite likely.

The whole squad should have been - and now should be - isolated

Edit: psl posted the exact same thing 

Edited by sammy & a
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Any of our matches getting lumped in to the PPV rip off? £14.95 to watch a BCD game. f***ing jokers.

from what I can see it's for games not already scheduled for tv for Oct, so not sure which one of ours are listed.. what you can guarantee though is that the bigger games will all get allocated to a PPV slot in Nov

Just now, Chewie said:

from what I can see it's for games not already scheduled for tv for Oct, so not sure which one of ours are listed.. what you can guarantee though is that the bigger games will all get allocated to a PPV slot in Nov

You can guarantee they won't be. Sky and BT aren't making any money out of it so that would mean they'd make less money.

Just now, Chewie said:

Genuinely interested in an explanation on this.. Ta

The money from the PPV is going to the clubs. Sky and BT make money from people watching via subscriptions and advertising and have the way because they paid to choose what games they pick. 

There's no chance that they're deciding not to show Manchester City v Liverpool, which is on the next weekend of unpicked games, so that the clubs can make money out of it instead. 

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

No chance. Only people who are at a real disadvantage here are those who've paid for a season ticket or match ticket that they can't use and now have to pay more for something they've already paid for. 

If they don't then they should,the pricing is a joke.

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

If they don't then they should,the pricing is a joke.

How much should it be? Like, I get being asked to pay more isn't something that anyone likes, but in a normal world you'd either have paid £40-£60 to go or you wouldn't be watching it on television anyway. 

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

How much should it be? Like, I get being asked to pay more isn't something that anyone likes, but in a normal world you'd either have paid £40-£60 to go or you wouldn't be watching it on television anyway. 

I'd watch on 'normal' sky no way am I paying extra, doubt many will either.

14 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

15 quid for one game is genuinely madness Phil. If it was 4.99 you'd get people actually paying it. Now it's just going to push people more towards illegal streams. 

Just now, Sion said:

15 quid for one game is genuinely madness Phil. If it was 4.99 you'd get people actually paying it. Now it's just going to push people more towards illegal streams. 

It's a 3pm Saturday game, the only way you were watching it outside of the 52000 in Anfield were watching on an illegal stream anyway. Not sure the extra cost there is going to make much difference. Currently stuck in my parents and the stream is £75 cheaper than we'd have paid if the ground wasn't closed, for example. If it's £15 more then your alternative was a dodgy stream or to not watch it, which remains your choice if you don't pay £15. 

17 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

So you wouldn't be watching it then and you're at no disadvantage. 

People are really struggling out there, its going to get worse probably. This kind of pricing is so far away from what you could class as reasonable its a joke. Completely unjustifiable. 

6 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

People are really struggling out there, its going to get worse probably. This kind of pricing is so far away from what you could class as reasonable its a joke. Completely unjustifiable. 

Yeah I get all that, but not really sure how it's relevant here. You were either paying more to watch it in person, or you were paying £0 to not watch it. Or you were watching it on an IPTV source that you're still able to watch on anyway. 

On 06/10/2020 at 12:58, Swipe said:

Your signature. Who said it? Magnificent. 

I was laughing near the end when it actually looked like Salah might get a hat-trick in a game in which we shipped 7 (seven).

Not getting it was definitely Mo’s biggest disappointment of the day