By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Harvey Elliott

growler

11 hours ago, sammy & a said:

Some of the comments on his position are like he’s him as he is always going to be.

It Dan be the boring stuff that makes players loads better. When you ask Jordan about why he improved so much under Rogers and then Klopp, he alway mentions learning to press properly.

It’s a fair point. I just don’t think I’ve ever seen a player before where I’m watching him, thinking he’s a good player, but that I don’t actually know where he should be on a football pitch.

22 hours ago, Cunny said:

if he had the speed of Doak he'd be a frightening player

I just don't see where he plays in a Klopp 433 without it weakening the team

I don't think he's a midfielder in a 3 man midfield, especially against the best teams

he's not quick enough to play as a wide forward in a front 3

he could maybe play as a false 9

looks ideal to play the tip of a diamond or as a number 10, but Klopp does not play those formations

David Silva or Suso 

13 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

David Silva or Suso 

Bernardo Silva doesn't really seem to have a position, and Elliott is pretty industrious. Maybe it's not worth comparing with city players since their plan is to play with 5 number 10s

2 hours ago, Hassony said:

Wonder what "when adjusted for possession" means. Odd looking list really. I think Elliot has been pretty good, but seeing the likes of Iwobi on there (and even Fabinho given how dodgy his passing has been) makes me wonder what weird contortions they've applied to the data. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...