Man City vs The Champions ! Thu July 2nd - SkySports

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a pretty big excuse mate.

Villa wronged us when they celebrated the goals against our kids like it was the final. For this and some other imaginary beefs, I hope we batter them.

We just won the league by 25 points in 31 games.    

8 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Villa wronged us when they celebrated the goals against our kids like it was the final.

For this and some other imaginary beefs, I hope we batter them.

They had that picture of Gerrard and the birthday cake on the train to Wembley as well. A plague on them.

1 hour ago, muleskinner said:

Yeah. These lads have given us the greatest of seasons. It seems easily forgotten. Maybe doesn't mean as much to some in the internet world of lols and likes and twitter b******s when there is some ludicrous fake beef to be had with a k****ead in Malaysia or somewhere 

To clarify, you're saying the title won't mean as much to those interested in Twitter arguments with Malaysian Mancs? 

23 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Villa wronged us when they celebrated the goals against our kids like it was the final.

For this and some other imaginary beefs, I hope we batter them.

David Cameron and Prince William. Bunch of pricks.

5 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

To clarify, you're saying the title won't mean as much to those interested in Twitter arguments with Malaysian Mancs? 

People are quick to move on. Maybe they aren't arsed as much as they make out behind the hashtags.

This team and its achievements need to be savoured. We may not see the like of these last 2-3 years again. We are in a true golden age.

3 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think the level of 'botheredness' can be assessed best based on whether you think there's anything to read in to it going forward. You can think it was poor without thinking it's going to have anything to do with what we're capable of moving forward. And you can think it was poor without ultimately being bothered. 

When good teams play this kind of thing happens from time to time. And that's with there being something tangible to play for.

I think it was a remarkably s*** performance due in large part to uncharacteristic mistakes from top class players but underlines the lack of creative midfielders, so partly just the one off and partly the bigger picture. 

49 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

People are quick to move on. Maybe they aren't arsed as much as they make out behind the hashtags.

This team and its achievements need to be savoured. We may not see the like of these last 2-3 years again. We are in a true golden age.

I think that and I'm still pissed with last night 

1 minute ago, Earl Hafler said:

I think it was a remarkably s*** performance due in large part to uncharacteristic mistakes from top class players but underlines the lack of creative midfielders, so partly just the one off and partly the bigger picture. 

So it's not really changed your views on anything and ultimately it doesn't really matter? 

I never like to see us lose, even when it is of no consequence like last night. However, I think last night's defeat can be used as a catalyst for the team. It is not that they needed reminding, but it is clear that City will not be going anywhere next season and will be our main challengers. Also, it is good that we won the league so early. By the time the new season rolls in all hangovers and complacency that might have come with winning it will definitely be long gone. We still have 6 more games and I am sure we will see much better performances. We just happened to have our most difficult fixture of the season a week after winning the league, with our opponents still all geared up and focussed as they are fighting for something on all fronts. 

Don't think it is for anyone to tell anyone else whether it does or doesn't matter. Saying it matters to you isn;t trying to claim more, you;re just disagreeing over what 'matters' means.

For a variety of reasons it has put me in a foul mood so in that sense it matters to me.

Do I think it 'matters' in terms of meaning anything for next season? No.

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

David Cameron and Prince William. Bunch of pricks.

That semi-final where Grealish and Benteke tied Rodgers in knots. I think we played about 13 formations in that game.

We’ve slugged in out with this lot and been on both ends of a kicking. Often it’s small moments that dictate which way the game goes. If anything it proves what a good rivalry it is now.

We take their unbeaten record a few years ago, slap them around in the European Cup and near blow them away at Anfield in one half earlier this season. For their part they’ve tonked us 4-0 and 5-0, beat us by the narrowest of margins (11mm) in last years effective title decider and come out marginally on top in the Community Shield. 

Just as the game at Anfield earlier in the season could have turned on them being given a penalty for a handball before Fabinho scores, Mane’s 50p head and Salah hitting the post could, and I dare say would,  have vastly affected the outcome. 

All in all it’s a real back and forth rivalry now and bout clubs are richer for it. Each game is nothing but predictably unpredictable. 

We are still the better side. 

We could (and probably should) have scored 4 last night, which is pretty mad given how much better than us City looked for spells in that game. 

The City players showed the level of intensity you'd expect from a team that's desperate to prove they're better than the current table shows and also they have some massive games to come and the players will be vying for places in those games. 

It was pretty uncomfortable to watch at times last night but I feel OK about it today. 

The Klopp/Shreeves tete a tete was a great tonic - Klopp nailed him :