The Champion Content thread

34 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

They just wanted an exciting game of football didn't they? 

Nah Tyler is a joke with us. It's not just tin-foil hat stuff. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this has been posted already, but it has set me off tonight. Resonates strongly. I'm the same age as Schofield, and my lad had never seen us win the league in 3 decades until now. Last Oct

Only got 63% battery... It will have to wait

All you need is Allison Becker not a concussed fecker or a pan-faced whopper

6 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I still reckon there's a thread on Bluemoon and Redcafe slagging him off and saying he loves Liverpool. I think its human nature just to be aggravated by comments that annoy more than appreciate those that don't. To me the guard of honour thing was just tongue in cheek about Chelsea sealing the deal for us but it really seemed to rile many. 

I think if someone broke it down objectively, he would be pretty down the middle with all teams. They basically just want a story. His commentary for Gerrard v Olympiakos and Salah v Chelsea immediately jumps to mind for instance. Plus I know City fans think he was much more enthusiastic about our goals than theirs in the 3-2 in 2014 as I've seen them moaning on Twitter about it.

The fact that people think Carra tries to talk down Liverpool to compensate really proves the point. He shouted 'Mo Salah you little dancer' not too long ago and was dancing in Neville's face when Lallana scored! He is about as pro Liverpool as anyone. Guarantee there are United fans who think Neville slags them too.

I get that Tyler is a big deal for many, and maybe it's me that's odd as he doesnt seem to wind me up, but it's so boring that his name seems to be mentioned more on every single match thread than any one of our players!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Hassony said:

They were raving on about Pulisic's run for the second goal, and fair enough it was a good run

But Mane got nothing for his run which led to the free kick,  which was pretty special despite half of the Chelsea team trying to kick him 

They were still calling it a non free kick at the start of the 2nd half.

If it was a one off it would be different - but he's pretty consistent.

Even during the trophy presentation - the difference on the R5 commentary (of the trophy presentation) is so stark.

13 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It was interesting listening to the other commentators from our games, in those highlights montages on Sky last night before and after the ceremony - so much more energy and excitement when we scored from them - massive contrast to the droning on from Tyler (and Carra). 

2 minutes ago, psl said:

I still reckon there's a thread on Bluemoon and Redcafe slagging him off and saying he loves Liverpool. I think its human nature just to be aggravated by comments that annoy more than appreciate those that don't. To me the guard of honour thing was just tongue in cheek about Chelsea sealing the deal for us but it really seemed to rile many. 

I think if someone broke it down objectively, he would be pretty down the middle with all teams. They basically just want a story. His commentary for Gerrard v Olympiakos and Salah v Chelsea immediately jumps to mind for instance. Plus I know City fans think he was much more enthusiastic about our goals than theirs in the 3-2 in 2014 as I've seen them moaning on Twitter about it.

The fact that people think Carra tries to talk down Liverpool to compensate really proves the point. He shouted 'Mo Salah you little dancer' not too long ago and was dancing in Neville's face when Lallana scored! He is about as pro Liverpool as anyone. Guarantee there are United fans who think Neville slags them too.

I get that Tyler is a big deal for many, and maybe it's me that's odd as he doesnt seem to wind me up, but it's so boring that his name seems to be mentioned more on every single match thread than any one of our players!

Disagree. He's become a miserable c*** with us who only seems to perk up when we're conceding. The Gerrard thing was 15 years ago. 

He's not a 'big deal' for me i just think he's an absolute bell and well past his sell-by-date. The 'banter' with him and Carra and Neville is putrid. 

And I don't think the Carra thing proves any point other than he's just a bad commentator. Good pundit but rubbish commentator. He never shuts up and contradicts himself numerous times. 

I find the 'the sky is falling in' stuff if we're not winning 5-0 much more boring in match threads but each to his own. 

5 minutes ago, Tommok said:

It was interesting listening to the other commentators from our games, in those highlights montages on Sky last night before and after the ceremony - so much more energy and excitement when we scored from them - massive contrast to the droning on from Tyler (and Carra). 

I think there's a general thing with Tyler in that he's just so f***ing s*** and miserable now. He's just not good at it anymore. Then you add in the, for me anyway, snide with us. He's just dead annoying!

27 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Disagree. He's become a miserable c*** with us who only seems to perk up when we're conceding. The Gerrard thing was 15 years ago. 

He's not a 'big deal' for me i just think he's an absolute bell and well past his sell-by-date. The 'banter' with him and Carra and Neville is putrid. 

And I don't think the Carra thing proves any point other than he's just a bad commentator. Good pundit but rubbish commentator. He never shuts up and contradicts himself numerous times. 

I find the 'the sky is falling in' stuff if we're not winning 5-0 much more boring in match threads but each to his own. 

I think there's a general thing with Tyler in that he's just so f***ing s*** and miserable now. He's just not good at it anymore. Then you add in the, for me anyway, snide with us. He's just dead annoying!

Fair enough. It just felt like it was a big deal as you and others post so frequently about him. You had to have been pushing double figures for posts about Tyler during the game last night and we were smashing Chelsea and winning the league! I guess I find the constant sniping about him by many irritating as whilst I get that he is sometimes now lacking in the desired levels of excitement, I don't think he is any worse or better for us than anyone else.

I'm sure rival fans go on about him calling Firmino 'Bobby Dazzler' etc. 

I like Darren Fletcher on BT Sport actually. Think he's good and caught he moment for Trent's corner v Barca and Origi v Spurs well. 

Just ventured in to Bluemoon. Fortunately didn't have to open any other threads as they have a 181 page thread about Tyler! I bet every team's fans think he particularly hates them.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/martin-tyler.299988/

First post from 2014;

Gutted as each and every one of us on here but just about had the stomach to watch the goals again as watching it live you are caught in the moment. I am not getting on the "agenda" bandwagon although we all know that Manchester City FC are not wanted at the top.

I ask you all to just listen to the commentary when the goals go in.

1-0 Tyler screams at the top of his voice as Sterlling scores
2-0 Tyler screams at the top of his voice as Skirtel heads in
2-1 Silence as Silva scores and then a token gesture
2-2 Silence again and you actually here a sigh and a groan ( I think the groan comes from Neville ) before they even acknowledge that City have equalised.
3-2 Tyler screams like a lunatic when the winner goes in

It really is disgraceful that the biase is that obviously blatant. He is paid to be a professional commentator, it might as well of been LFC TV, It was the same in the Derby the other week.

I can take getting beat and we are still in the mix if we win our two games in hand and after that today I want this title more than the first one. I want Tyler to choke on his microphone.

Proud of our impeccable support again and the clubs tributes to the 96 was also a touch of class from our fantastic football club !

To Vinny, hold your head high " City love you more than you will know "
To the Sheikh , keep pumping your billions into our club !
To Sky, the Media and all the other haters , Manchester City are not going away, your precious big 4 has been smashed for ever !
And Finally to you Martin f***ing Tyler, you bitter old t***, you are a disgrace to your profession,

Edited by psl

I don't think there is anything in the Martin Tyler thing, but the comparison of his commentary between the Benteke goal and the Martial goal at Old Trafford about 5 years ago was without doubt the funniest thing I've ever heard.

1 hour ago, psl said:

Fair enough. It just felt like it was a big deal as you and others post so frequently about him. You had to have been pushing double figures for posts about Tyler during the game last night and we were smashing Chelsea and winning the league! I guess I find the constant sniping about him by many irritating as whilst I get that he is sometimes now lacking in the desired levels of excitement, I don't think he is any worse or better for us than anyone else.

I'm sure rival fans go on about him calling Firmino 'Bobby Dazzler' etc. 

I like Darren Fletcher on BT Sport actually. Think he's good and caught he moment for Trent's corner v Barca and Origi v Spurs well. 

Just ventured in to Bluemoon. Fortunately didn't have to open any other threads as they have a 181 page thread about Tyler! I bet every team's fans think he particularly hates them.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/martin-tyler.299988/

First post from 2014;

Gutted as each and every one of us on here but just about had the stomach to watch the goals again as watching it live you are caught in the moment. I am not getting on the "agenda" bandwagon although we all know that Manchester City FC are not wanted at the top.

I ask you all to just listen to the commentary when the goals go in.

1-0 Tyler screams at the top of his voice as Sterlling scores
2-0 Tyler screams at the top of his voice as Skirtel heads in
2-1 Silence as Silva scores and then a token gesture
2-2 Silence again and you actually here a sigh and a groan ( I think the groan comes from Neville ) before they even acknowledge that City have equalised.
3-2 Tyler screams like a lunatic when the winner goes in

It really is disgraceful that the biase is that obviously blatant. He is paid to be a professional commentator, it might as well of been LFC TV, It was the same in the Derby the other week.

I can take getting beat and we are still in the mix if we win our two games in hand and after that today I want this title more than the first one. I want Tyler to choke on his microphone.

Proud of our impeccable support again and the clubs tributes to the 96 was also a touch of class from our fantastic football club !

To Vinny, hold your head high " City love you more than you will know "
To the Sheikh , keep pumping your billions into our club !
To Sky, the Media and all the other haters , Manchester City are not going away, your precious big 4 has been smashed for ever !
And Finally to you Martin f***ing Tyler, you bitter old t***, you are a disgrace to your profession,

Don't know what to tell you here tbh. Stick me on ignore in the match thread if you find it irritating. 

24 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Don't know what to tell you here tbh. Stick me on ignore in the match thread if you find it irritating. 

No I definitely won't be doing that. If I ignore everyone moaning about the commentary, it will only be me left!

Tyler was at it during the ceremony banging on about Manchester United being on 20. Had nothing to do with last night but he can’t help himself, he’s a horrible little saggy faced c***. 

• Like 3

Many years ago I was staying in a hotel near Old Trafford on a work trip (I didn't pick the hotel). Tyler checked in just before me and told the receptionist he was there to host the United Supporter's Club end of season. Read into that what you want.

9 hours ago, psl said:

I was worried about Takumi. He looked a little lost and lonely.

Glad to see he is getting involved in the celebrations in the dressing room coverage. Bless him.

Yeah, felt the same.  

4 hours ago, psl said:

No I definitely won't be doing that. If I ignore everyone moaning about the commentary, it will only be me left!

Tyler's a c*** and deserves any s*** that gets thrown at him.

• Like 1

Have always thought he is a Manchester United fan, he can't help but compare shoehorn them into almost every sentence regardless of who he is commentating on. 

12 hours ago, Gethin said:

Many years ago I was staying in a hotel near Old Trafford on a work trip (I didn't pick the hotel). Tyler checked in just before me and told the receptionist he was there to host the United Supporter's Club end of season. Read into that what you want.

I'm reading that many years later you're STILL fuming you didn't get to pick the hotel.

• Haha 1