• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to say that I am not just happy for me but am genuinely chuffed for all of you guys who I have effectively spent nigh on 2 decades with. This forum is great and all of you are ace and deserve

To do it at all. Really started to think I just wouldn’t see us do it again. Then to do it against one of the best teams I’ve ever seen in this league. Maybe the best. Then to do it so f***i

Just hugged my dad for the first time in 14 weeks. Need to let this sink in.

27 minutes ago, Stevie said:

I was thinking about that last night, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Guardiola played all the kids against us. He didn’t exactly sound magnanimous in congratulating us on the BBC news feed last night!

He didn't did he? The bald c*** 

3 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Klopp saw obvious parallels between this and his team and believed a different voice from outside football’s bubble, someone who boasts an “anything is possible” outlook, would prove positive. The surfer had the players conducting an exercise in the hotel swimming pool focusing on holding their breath underwater. They duly turned it into a competition. Who could commit to 30 seconds? What about 40 or 50?

Steudtner then explained how to cool down your mindset by thinking of a happier place. By the end, some squad members were completing three minutes with their head immersed after half an hour of teaching. It taught the players they can perform at higher levels than they had previously imagined while dealing with stress. The session was so enjoyable that Steudtner, accepted by the group, stayed with the team for two extra days.

This is from that article in the Times.

Mentality Monsters.

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

This is from that article in the Times.

Mentality Monsters.

Or as Rushian tweeted last night with a close-up of Klopp's mouth...

Dentality Monsters

14 hours ago, Swipe said:

Enjoy it everyone. This forum is really important to me. Hope you’re all as happy and teary as I am right now.

I wanted to say that I am not just happy for me but am genuinely chuffed for all of you guys who I have effectively spent nigh on 2 decades with. This forum is great and all of you are ace and deserve this. Every last one of you. Thanks for making everything so much better over the years.

• Like 12
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I wanted to say that I am not just happy for me but am genuinely chuffed for all of you guys who I have effectively spent nigh on 2 decades with. This forum is great and all of you are ace and deserve this. Every last one of you. Thanks for making everything so much better over the years.

Absolutely. This is spot on. I spend hours and hours talking about football with you guys. Sharing some of the happiest moments of my life with you all. We've all put the hours in, that's for sure.

Edited by psl
13 hours ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Can we have Fowler, Gerrard and Klopp on the bench v City?

Robbie can fulfill his destiny as ceremonial striker

13 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

And Bobby at Wolves

This was an underrated moment by me for some reason. We already had the league done but that goal just confirmed we were in win mode. The prophecy of DJ Khalid made whole

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, psl said:We've all put the hours in, that's for sure.

We’ve all come quite a way from calling eachother c**** to only calling Murph a cumt and sharing our emotional and mental health issues 

I was a 14yr old in Form 4 when we last won it. Back then I grew up expecting Liverpool to win a trophy every season. This drought did however teach me one thing, that we support a unique club with a unique set of fans. Loads and loads have stood through the highs and lows of the past 30yrs and it is their just reward. This is an amazing Liverpool team and we have the best coach in the world at the helm. 

It has been a long and hard season off the field. Started off with my Dad passing away in September and other various issues. The football was the real main positive in it all as the team never missed a beat in reality. When the pandemic halted the season I really thought that was it. When we had no one close to us it was going to be some once in a century pandemic to stop us. Luckily the football has returned and the team has won the title on the pitch. 

After 30yrs it feels surreal at times. I remember each and every season well. We were close in 1997, close in 2002, close in 2009, close in 2014 and close last year. This is the first time we did not fall away after a title-challenging season. We came back stronger and won it, setting records of all sorts along the way.

My main regret is not being able to celebrate with a friend of mine who passed away suddenly in March. One of our last conversations in February was about him trying to find tickets for the Villa game in April...........RIP Ivan. This one is for you and for all those who never gave up but who sadly never got to see it happen. YNWA

Edited by Nerik
typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Swipe said:

Villa was huge wasn’t it. Jesus it was like minutes away from a potential nine point swing or something with city coming to Anfield a week later.

Leicester away for me though. The most complete away performance against a proper team I can remember. I totally relaxed after that. It was done then. 

so with you here.

I know it might be hipster but that Villa game was the highlight of 2019. The 8 or so minutes between Robbo rising to head the ball and the final whistle were the proudest I have been of any non Elias Anderson humans.

I think my reaction to the Leicester game was"WTF". Other planetary stuff.

17 minutes ago, Tosh said:

We’ve all come quite a way from calling eachother c**** to only calling Murph a cumt and sharing our emotional and mental health issues 

You c***. etc. 😗

3 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

so with you here.

I know it might be hipster but that Villa game was the highlight of 2019. The 8 or so minutes between Robbo rising to head the ball and the final whistle were the proudest I have been of any non Elias Anderson humans.

I didn't see the Villa comeback. We had a whole house of guests turn up about 10 min before the end and I was having a right sulk, didn't find out we'd won until half an hour later when I heard one of the guests mention it 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

so with you here.

I don't think that's Hipster at all. We broke City that week. 

Spare a thought for those across the park.........................

PaulPowersTash

Player Valuation: £1m

Today at 9:01 AM

Add bookmark

#15,527

A self imposed 7 day complete media block out is now underway.
Did they deserve to win it? Probably. However, VAR has given them
at least 12 points this season and that is being realistic. So they are no
way near as good as the media are making them out to be.
Get ready for 'the best team the Premier League has ever seen' nonsense as
it will be in full flow and coming your way very soon. I didn't even bother watching
the game last night as I knew what was about to unfold. However, I am reliably
informed that the BT commentary team mentioned Liverpool 15 times in the first
half alone last night. What's all that about? At last it's finally done. The most hollow,
tainted and corrupt title win in the history of the game. If they had to win one then I'm
glad this is it. The sun will rise and set and the earth will continue to spin on it's axis.
However, what this pandemic and crisis has shown up, is just how manipulated
and rotten professional football has become. As I say, I didn't even watch the game
last night and only found out when I switched my phone on this morning. My
overwhelming feeling is that I am done with football. It has shown itself in it's
true light. This season It has been exposed as nothing but a money grabbing
business, riddled with self and vested interests. Even before the pandemic
it showed all its desperation to manipulate results to achieve a desired outcome
with the use of VAR and match officials. Liverpool or United HAD to win the title.
The Premier League / SKY business model had mandated it. The end justified
the means. There is just to much money in it for it not to happen. Well at lest we know
for sure now. We had suspected it for a long time. But now there is no hiding it (not as
if they actually tried to hide it). Hopefully, over the coming weeks and months I will
regain my enthusiasm and passion for football. It has been a major part of my life
and given me some of the worst and happiest days of my life down the years. But,
I'm not convinced I will. The genie is out of the bottle. The manipulation and blatant
corruption is now totally transparent. The next stop for the PL is for United to go
on and win it. Just how good would that be for the business model? Well it would
absolutely perfect. In that case, watch this space...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

so with you here.

It was absolutely biblical in our end when Mane got the winner. Incredible stuff.

14 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I don't think that's Hipster at all. We broke City that week. 

That was a huge moment. Effectively a six point swing in minutes and followed up with beating City. Guardiola moaning about Mane diving after Villa and then him losing the plot in the City match was telling. The Villa turn around fed into that. City knew it was gone then.

7 hours ago, smithdown said:

This is it.  Feels appropriate now for it to happen like this, the motif of the season is we win our games and they insist on losing.  These last two days have been the season in a nutshell.

Aggressively accurate.

Winning it almost immediately after the restart is so nice. Obviously want to win every game left and get as many records as we can, but can relax and dedicate time to waging my silent war against Watford, Villa and West Ham.

Real shame Alisson was out of that Atletico game...

Edited by Swipe