• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to say that I am not just happy for me but am genuinely chuffed for all of you guys who I have effectively spent nigh on 2 decades with. This forum is great and all of you are ace and deserve

To do it at all. Really started to think I just wouldn’t see us do it again. Then to do it against one of the best teams I’ve ever seen in this league. Maybe the best. Then to do it so f***i

Just hugged my dad for the first time in 14 weeks. Need to let this sink in.

40 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Think that maybe sounds a bit s***.

I get they are probably trying to counter the lack of fans and making the ground dark is perhaps a way to do that. 

Not sure though.

Edited by psl

Think they are going for the backdrop of all the flags and banners when there aren't fans to fill that space... Think it could look good. 

My only issue is it looking a bit weird seeing it there throughout the game.. But if course normally the podium would be constructed on the pitch at final whistle 

45 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I like it!

Me too. With no fans, we'll all want a spectacle to view videos etc. of. Will look well better with the rest of the empty stadium hidden and a s***load of fireworks, lights etc. 

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

I like it!

Me too. 

There’s lots going on for this. It genuinely requires lots of thinking to put on the best show possible. 

1. The players are getting the trophy with no fans. There needs to be something to compensate for that. 

2. It’s on TV and we are all tuning in, we want to see something special. 

3. Leicester had Andrea Bocelli (which was fantastic), these circumstances should mean our club is leaving no option unexplored to pull off something inspiring & unique. 

The worst case scenario is that the players get the trophy, give pitch side interviews and it’s over by 10.30pm. Some kind of pageantry is needed and in that regard I have wondered if the club have received special dispensation to have extra people attend the stadium for the celebration ie Chelsea leave, get out and we bring in maybe the extra people that can add to the TV spectacle but don’t come in contact with the players given we have to play 1 more game and can’t have players risking infection to pass on in last League game to Newcastle. 

But at a minimum, lots of folk at the club have to trying to put on the best possible show in the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Think they are going for the backdrop of all the flags and banners when there aren't fans to fill that space... Think it could look good. 

My only issue is it looking a bit weird seeing it there throughout the game.. But if course normally the podium would be constructed on the pitch at final whistle 

Alan Hansen got the last trophy on the pitch and showed it to the crowd Barnsey, I can’t remember who we played that night. But we can see him and the pictures of the players in the dressing room. 

I want the best possible show and celebration - something that we can enjoy for days afterwards. The club did well on the night of Chelsea/City and we all enjoyed the videos in the immediate aftermath at the hotel. 

We’re good at this - we’ll do something good !

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Hassony said:

They have had some of that stuff outside the ground for some time - but I don't think its a co-incidence they've ramped it up.

People are going to turn up, the only way you stop them getting anywhere near the stadium is to have checkpoints on the main routes to the ground.

There is an argument to do something more official whilst using best endeavours to adhere to social distancing. Unsure how that would actually work but anyway...

9 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

We said that for the league win though, and loads did 

I think that does make sense although it wasn’t for me. Particularly when it was that we hadn’t played. This though, just not sure what the point is. 

19 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think that does make sense although it wasn’t for me. Particularly when it was that we hadn’t played. This though, just not sure what the point is. 

The pubs will be open around the ground this time as well.

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

I can’t figure out why anyone would turn up unless you live fifty yards away. 

I drove past on the night we won it (Well past Everton Valley as it was chocker) had I been without kids I'd have gone.