By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Whatsapp lost contacts

Rory Fitzgerald

Have you reinstalled whatsapp? 

If your contacts' numbers are shown instead of their names, you might need to reset the WhatsApp sync with your contacts. To do so:

Open your phone's Settings, then tap Users & accounts > WhatsApp.

Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT > REMOVE ACCOUNT.

Open WhatsApp, then tap the new chat icon > More options > Refresh.

If the steps above don't work, it's possible that your phone's settings might be preventing WhatsApp from functioning properly. If so, please try the following:

Open your phone's Settings, then tap Apps & notifications > WhatsApp > Permissions. Make sure all permissions are turned on.

I don’t think it’s a problem with Whatsapp. The names are no longer in my Contacts at all. 

As for you Eric lad, don’t be throwing shade at my social prowess from behind your keyboard. This is a technical issue my phone has, not a social one by its user. But send me on you phone number anyway. I could do with a chat to someone. 

9 minutes ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

As for you Eric lad, don’t be throwing shade at my social prowess from behind your keyboard. This is a technical issue my phone has, not a social one by its user. But send me on you phone number anyway. I could do with a chat to someone. 

I'm afraid I communicate almost exclusively by carrier pigeon these days.

1 hour ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

I don’t think it’s a problem with Whatsapp. The names are no longer in my Contacts at all. 

What phone is it? Probably need to import the contacts back again. WhatsApp will only show contacts that saved i.e. name and number.

Rory I had a similar issue when my phone was reset, what I found was if I started typing someones name into a message the number would be visible and I could save it from there. It seems the contact info is cached somewhere. It might be worth a try and may come up with a selection if you only type the first letters or so.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 22:18, Swan Red said:

This may mean there's a cloud backup of your contacts it draws from but I don't have enough numbers to bother to find out.

I knew there was a perfectly valid reason you weren't texting me back, look forward to hearing from you.

I LOVE YOU!

• Love 1