Sign in to follow this  
Case

Fictional Bands/Artists using Forumite Names

Name your artists, genre, first album, success rating using forumite names only.

I'll start...

'Redray Cocknose' - Country and Western - 'It's a shame about Ray is not my name'.

Minor success in Finland, Belarus and Chad.

Joey Joe Joe Shabadoo - washed up early 90s rap artist who always wanted to be in his own TV sitcom rather than a recording artist. The show was wound up by ABC TV after numerous DUI arrests. Inexplicably his biggest hit, ShabaDOOM!! is now the Yemeni national anthem.   

3 hours ago, Murphman said:

Too hard, I give up.

Murphman - adult cartoon character in the South Park and Family Guy vein. Music genre of mixes (think Jive Bunny or Stars on 45) with double entendre lyrics to get the adults and kids. Album title 'Do The Murphman' and sold 1m in the UK at Christmas as unwanted novelty gifts. Quickly disappeared in to obscurity and is largely forgotten about. 

Hightown Phil - USP is his trademark 'country classics in a swing style' approach. Closes all his shows with a high-kickin', jazzed-up cover of Roger Miller's King Of The Road.

Pipnasty

Gothic hip hop first album f*** your great expectations, currently living in a commune in Kent

• Love 1

fyds

Session musician and uncredited writer on several of the most critically acclaimed and best selling abums of all time.

Red - a boyband.

In a totally wacky move, all of the members of the band changed their surname to Red

Huyton Red

Swan Red

New York Red

Nebraska Red

14 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Red - a boyband.

In a totally wacky move, all of the members of the band changed their surname to Red

Huyton Red

Swan Red

New York Red

Nebraska Red

Such esteemed company, you could have at least given me cymrococh for some cool

57 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Pipnasty

Gothic hip hop first album f*** your great expectations, currently living in a commune in Kent

With his Gravediggaz style alter-ego, PipeNazi

• Haha 1

'sammya' - blonde teenage songstress brought on the scene by Cowell in the early noughties to compete with Britney and Christina.  Had her devoted fans but was let go after achieving only silver status on the debut album 5@mmyxxx! 

The devoted fans were gutted when they found out she wasn't a blonde teenage girl at all.  But he still makes a living doing the odd club gig with one third of A-ha that wasn't Morten Harket as 'sammy & a'

Edited by Cam
  • Like 1

Ha ha ha ha. All brilliant. Except Case(t). Obvs.

How about ‘Apollo 440,000’ - Let’s talk about Dublin, though I prefer southern Spain...