Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Looking after ourselves

18 minutes ago, smithdown said:

I have no idea what you are talking about

Mix flour and water, leave to colonise with wild yeast and lactobacillus.  Feed with more flour / water.  Bake bread.

12 minutes ago, Redwire said:

Mix flour and water, leave to colonise with wild yeast and lactobacillus.  Feed with more flour / water.  Bake bread.

I’ll think seriously about it, ta 

Not sure that leaving anything around for two weeks will get approval from her indoors at the best of times but will discuss later

12 minutes ago, smithdown said:

I’ll think seriously about it, ta 

Not sure that leaving anything around for two weeks will get approval from her indoors at the best of times but will discuss later

It's good once you get it going. You'll like it. Baking without yeast, nice chewy bread, you know.

I'm still very much amateur in the sourdough game, hardest game in the world. Made some nice crackers out of it the other night though.

as I'm upstate for the foreseeable & there are bears I got thinking that they're currently hibernating. In Manhattan, squirrels no longer (seem to) hibernate although they should. 

Then I thought about rabbits as I saw one running across the road when I was driving the other day. It clearly wasn't hibernating.

So I looked up mammals that hibernate. They're all small animals except bears. But not all small animals do - rabbits don't. So what the f***? I could understand it all small mammals did, or all large. But there's a massive gap in mid-sized mammals that don't.

Are bears just big squirrels?

Food for thought there

10 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Don't ever change Macca

:lol:

I was thinking just that as I read his post

Weather is bloody lovely today.

Popped out for my permitted daily parambulation and it was so warm in the sun.

I was using a phrase that Johnson used but I'd actually much prefer being compared to A@A than Johnson :)

Edited by Tommok

12 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Weather is bloody lovely today.

Popped out for my permitted daily parambulation and it was so warm in the sun.

It is.

I took my wife (on my scooter) to give blood, up in Oxford Circus. It was busier than I thought it’d be - reminded me of a Sunday in London when the shops used not open. Spoke to a nurse who was trying to donate (caused a bit of a stir) who said it’s odd at work (Chelsea/Westminster hospital)  - empty beds, no visitors but a real feeling of a calm before the storm. They have no norovirus at the moment though...

I donate tomorrow.

After lunch (homemade chicken broth), I did 20km on my rollers in the sun before my son an I traded blows with gloves/pads. Ironing awaits...

Edited by Tosh

Sorry Tommo, didn't mean you - I should have quoted Macca. Was referring to his mammals/hibernation confusion post above. Are bears just big squirrels sounded very Allertonesque.

And this is basically day one of the lockdown. Macca's got a steep slope ahead of him.

17 hours ago, Molby said:

Those c****?!

i tried so hard to like them but they all made me want to puke 

they’re ok for putting in a chili though or making battered cod 

Love Train innit

if they’ve done any others then how come they never get played ? 

ever 

It was this mate:

2 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

I think it's only animals that live in super cold places that need to hibernate. That's my guess.

I'm pretty certain it's just the really lazy ones.

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

Sorry Tommo, didn't mean you - I should have quoted Macca. Was referring to his mammals/hibernation confusion post above. Are bears just big squirrels sounded very Allertonesque.

And this is basically day one of the lockdown. Macca's got a steep slope ahead of him.

No worries :)

My comment could've come from A@A too!

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

hahaha - it was in jest like.

but then again....

Anyone using Zoom? My LA office is arranging happy hours over Zoom - basically multi-person video conferencing. It'd be a way for anyone going stir crazy, or alone, or anyone who just fancied it to get to see the faces of other forumites & have a drink, talk nonsense etc.

Google hangouts is another one i have heard good things about - but haven't tried it yet.

On 23/03/2020 at 17:14, Redray said:

Is that your solicitor daughter? If so she's the one I met briefly in Hus who it turned out lives in my cousins road who is actually the subject of my little tale the other day about him and his missus dolling up for 'Lockdown Dinner'.

Anyway, that is all.

Edited by Murphman

6 hours ago, scoose said:

It was this mate:

Yeah fair enough

i used to like the music but not the lyric “any kind of music”

that seemed a bit too slack and sloppy to me as a youth 

obv now I’m more mellow