Looking after ourselves

I’ve let my running go to s*** and I’ve piled the weight on. I’m still lifting weights but my wife’s kind words, that the weight gain is just muscle, just aren’t cutting it - I know I’m a lardarse!

My head’s been in some terribly dark places over the past 6 months and my mum’s passing and these extended lockdowns haven’t helped. However, next Thursday, little Bobby joins our family and all seems right with the world again.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't want to virtue signal but I've been getting progressively more down about lockdown, virus etc - feeling very useless and non-contributing. Anyway, got a call today asking me to help with Coopera

Decided it would be the perfect time to bring some much needed joy into our lives. So meet Arlo!  https://ibb.co/x2nTYPp  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, melia said:

I’ve let my running go to s*** and I’ve piled the weight on. I’m still lifting weights but my wife’s kind words, that the weight gain is just muscle, just aren’t cutting it - I know I’m a lardarse!

My head’s been in some terribly dark places over the past 6 months and my mum’s passing and these extended lockdowns haven’t helped. However, next Thursday, little Bobby joins our family and all seems right with the world again.

IMG_0245.MOV

Can't see it, is it a dog?

7 hours ago, melia said:

Hope things get easier for you soon.

That new arrival will certainly put a smile on everyone's face.

38 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Neville Southall is boss

He's great - his twitter account is always a good read.

7 hours ago, melia said:

IMG_0245.MOV

Nice one. New dog in our house has made a huge positive difference.

One bonus for me is that my weight is down 25 pounds since the virus arrived.  Some healthier eating and stress I would imagine. 

Emotionally I am more prone to getting upset about things as I have more time to ponder over past events. 

My wife and I talk about stuff a lot more now, as we have realized that bottling things up is f***ing stupid. 

Once this is over, therapists will be raking it in.

18 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Think we all are, mate - wait until climate breakdown really kicks in and our societies start to break down ;)

Covid is just a rehearsal 

That's certainly more of a Pip talk than a pep talk

;)

10 hours ago, melia said:

He's a belter.

Great name too.

50 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Think we all are, mate - wait until climate breakdown really kicks in and our societies start to break down ;)

Covid is just a rehearsal 

Yeah, look forward to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I mentioned on here earlier in the thread somewhere that at the beginning of the year I had set myself a target of 3 workouts per week for the 2020. 

Well the one thing I can thank the lockdown for is that i'm 4 workouts away from my annual target before end of September.

f***ing bored with not being able to do some in a gym but pleased at the same time with the amount done

• Like 1