Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Looking after ourselves

4 hours ago, Molby said:

First day off the booze in a good while

its dreadful

truly awful 

What were you thinking mate, thought I knew you better than this. 

Finding it particularly difficult to see the elements of society we all knew were vulnerable getting utterly f***ed over and the majority of the population quite willing to go along with it. Trying to find good news stories to balance it out.

I had to spend yesterday afternoon Furloughing staff, I expect once I’ve completed everyone, then I’ll get done. 

I got furloughed yesterday. Last day today until who knows when. It’s good that I don’t need to go to the police station or Mags Court for a bit but it still feels really weird.

A local police officer died yesterday in his 50s of CV related issues which is just awful. 

Edited by psl

52 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Finding it particularly difficult to see the elements of society we all knew were vulnerable getting utterly f***ed over and the majority of the population quite willing to go along with it. Trying to find good news stories to balance it out.

The self-isolating in Llandudno has led to local goats coming down off the hillsides and legging it about in the town centre.

We're doing the staircase challenge in our gaff. Apparently I'll have walked up Kilimanjaro over the course of the next 28 days by going up and down our stairs 30 times a day.  It sounds easy but doing them all in one go takes it's toll me ol' knees

6 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

The self-isolating in Llandudno has led to local goats coming down off the hillsides and legging it about in the town centre.

This is good good s*** I've injected directly into my eyeballs

35 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

This is brilliant.

One of the very small positive outcomes of massively reduced human activity is the temporary reduction in pollution and swift improvement in the natural world. 

1 minute ago, Leo No.8 said:

This is brilliant.

One of the very small positive outcomes of massively reduced human activity is the temporary reduction in pollution and swift improvement in the natural world. 

Dolphins swimming around the streets of Venice.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Dolphins swimming around the streets of Venice.

Yeah this was another great example. You see how beautiful the world would be without the sh*theads who are ruining it. We need to sort ourselves out.

Edited by Leo No.8

3 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

This is brilliant.

We seem to be on two flightpaths here - London to East Coast US and Manc/Liverpool to Spain/Portugal/N Africa. Not unusual to look on Flightradar and see 15-20 flights over South Wales. There's 1 flight over Wales at the moment and only about 50 over the UK as a whole - the drop off is incredible. I'd love to see a big thing made of the pollution readings dropping like a stone whilst this is happening.

2 minutes ago, Gethin said:

We seem to be on two flightpaths here - London to East Coast US and Manc/Liverpool to Spain/Portugal/N Africa. Not unusual to look on Flightradar and see 15-20 flights over South Wales. There's 1 flight over Wales at the moment and only about 50 over the UK as a whole - the drop off is incredible. I'd love to see a big thing made of the pollution readings dropping like a stone whilst this is happening.

go and have a look at the skies over the US....I'd hate to think what their normal traffic is like. 

12 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

go and have a look at the skies over the US....I'd hate to think what their normal traffic is like. 

SE Asia and China doesn't appear to have tailed off either.

Pollution levels around Heathrow will be really interesting over this period

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

I'd never heard the word furlough until about a week ago

Same here. Some people now using it like they’ve always known what it is. Frauds. 

2 hours ago, Stevie H said:

Brilliant! :lol:

2 hours ago, Stevie H said:

The self-isolating in Llandudno has led to local goats coming down off the hillsides and legging it about in the town

Mad that this implies they were just watching and waiting.