I've noticed that more length makes my hair look a lot less grey, so there's that.

Women like the kind of man who lets the wind blow through their locks and faces adversity with a stoic determination, not some bearded herbert in a beanie in mid-June.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So having separated from my wife in October, and waited until my head was more clear, I've done a bit of on and off dabbling in the world of online dating recently.  It can be funny, frustrating,

Direct through line from this to him starting the “f*** The Police” thread.

you make it sound so crass  anyway that's just a coincidence I offer a range of advice to fit the situation; it's just that everyone here always seems to be in the same situation

Posted Images

I'd definitely ditch the hat and the hoodie. And if you can do anything to trim the beard and brows, that would be a massive bonus.

I'm now thinking of nominating you as a candidate for Queer Eye....  

Says me, sat in here in yesterday's t-shirt, no socks on, unshaved for four days, hair unwashed for two days and uncut for five months....

Edited by charlie clown
27 minutes ago, quibs said:

Definitely no beanie, makes you look like you going to rob a bank. ;)

Show that you have a full head of hair at your age.

Sod the hair, having your own teeth are a bonus at SR's age.

You know how you paint a mental picture of how someone looks, judging purely on their online posts and nothing else?

This is not how I pictured Swan Red.

And I'm in the "no hat" gang.

Let's roleplay this. I'll be your date's BFF.

*Looks at picture with no hat* "wow he looks interesting and like a potential romantic partner who can fulfill all your requirements/demands."

*Looks at picture with hat* "he looks"*thinks* "suspicious."

1 hour ago, Gerry said:

You know how you paint a mental picture of how someone looks, judging purely on their online posts and nothing else?

This is not how I pictured Swan Red.

Were you in the "probably like Rees-Mogg" camp too?

8 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Oh, and another vote for Zoob's update. Great to read that.

Do we get to see pictures? :P

Cheers! No pics :) you'll just have to trust me she is super cute. I feel I'm punching above my weight, and a zombified Jeremy Beadle is going to jump out and reveal it was all just a hilarious prank 

10 hours ago, Swan Red said:

Soz Molby but I’m more bachelor farmer than ageing hipster don’t know if I can pull that off. Scissors by my eyes er no my eyesights too precious. Idk it’s going to rain which I think may be good. 

You need a pair of these for your eyebrows and any other rogue hairs... unless you have the shakes and might accidentally stab yourself in the eye, you really can't do much damage with them. They have them at most Boots etc... 

Good luck sir! 

Edited by Zoob
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Swan Red said:

I didn't wear that hat and it went well but no further, back to swiping right on hairdressers

I also bought some beard moisturiser

maybe a razor a better bet ?

Nah I haven't been clean shaven in about 10 years and I'm not planning to start now, I'd also have to cut it before shaving it

#2 head and face once a month tidy and manageable

1 minute ago, Swan Red said:

Honestly I must have swiped right on every single hairdresser on every f***ing site and not one bite I was going to pay soo much

:lol:

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Maybe best to start on an even footing anyway and if she really f***ed your hair up it might not be the best start to a relationship!