• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So having separated from my wife in October, and waited until my head was more clear, I've done a bit of on and off dabbling in the world of online dating recently.  It can be funny, frustrating,

Direct through line from this to him starting the “f*** The Police” thread.

you make it sound so crass  anyway that's just a coincidence I offer a range of advice to fit the situation; it's just that everyone here always seems to be in the same situation

Posted Images

Cheers. Still pinching myself a bit... this sort of thing was very unexpected. Didn't think something so serious could develop so quickly with someone I just met, so the rational part of my brain is saying "nah, this can't be real..." but pretty sure it is real. I'll let you all know if she kills me and steals my unemployment checks. 

On 02/06/2020 at 04:28, Zoob said:

So having separated from my wife in October, and waited until my head was more clear, I've done a bit of on and off dabbling in the world of online dating recently. 

It can be funny, frustrating, and ultimately rewarding. Made a really good connection with someone, we chatted online for a couple weeks, then on the phone, and finally agreed to meet... It was really weird; she was at least 12, maybe even 15 years older than her profile pics. Also maybe 3 stone heavier. It was a really awkward elephant in the room. 

Like many other things online, you meet these weird liars, whose stories make no sense, or people who seem cool and then say Coronavirus is a hoax, or start talking about the aliens among us, or people who you chat to who seem nice enough but utterly boring. Went on another date (we even socially distanced) with someone and although it was really nice and we still chat as friends, there was zero chemistry there. 

And then a few weeks ago it's like I won the lottery. Just had one of the most lovely evenings of my life - we walked 3 miles around one of the lakes here (and the time flew by), then got food and sat talking, overlooking the mountains and the water for hours, and I plucked up the courage to invite her back to mine. We came back, chatted until 3am, did a couple other tings too 😉and have been almost inseparable ever since. We have clicked on so many levels, my lizard brain is still unsure of whether it's real or a trick... But I'm just a skinny guy in his mid 40's finalizing his divorce,  with 2 kids, and no job, so she's not in it for the money... And she's a super sexy too, which is definitely a bonus... 

Have had some faith in the universe restored, after what has been a pretty grim 2020 for the world, and for me personally with the divorce, and being laid off... 

Anyhoo... wanted to share a bit of good news. There are some good people out there for all of us. Just need a bit of luck. 

Genuinely lovely to read.

4 hours ago, DecidedByPoll said:

Genuinely lovely to read.

Cheers... a lot of grim news around, so it's genuinely refreshing to share some good news. Also had a really encouraging job interview today. 20 mins after the interview, they'd already re-contacted me and just want me to speak to a couple other people on the team to make sure of good company culture fit, so things definitely looking up. 

On 02/06/2020 at 03:55, Swan Red said:

Glad to hear you are doing well Zoob and you're no longer regretting the split?

Totally back to my senses. Was weird to be aware of this struggle between the rational and emotional sides of my brain. As a friend said to me I wanted it because "better the devil you know. BUT IT'S STILL THE DEVIL".

Felt good when the rational side regained control and brought me to my senses again. Also, my ex also did a few things that just 100% reminded me that separation was the right thing. Had we tried again, it would just have delayed the inevitable. Even before I met this girl, I was happy that separation was well and truly for the best. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Zoob said:

Cheers... a lot of grim news around, so it's genuinely refreshing to share some good news. Also had a really encouraging job interview today. 20 mins after the interview, they'd already re-contacted me and just want me to speak to a couple other people on the team to make sure of good company culture fit, so things definitely looking up. 

Totally back to my senses. Was weird to be aware of this struggle between the rational and emotional sides of my brain. As a friend said to me I wanted it because "better the devil you know. BUT IT'S STILL THE DEVIL".

Felt good when the rational side regained control and brought me to my senses again. Also, my ex also did a few things that just 100% reminded me that separation was the right thing. Had we tried again, it would just have delayed the inevitable. Even before I met this girl, I was happy that separation was well and truly for the best. 

This is your reward for taking my advice

thanks for giving me the opportunity to advise you...over all these years since this kicked off

I get spiritual reward 🙄

4 hours ago, Molby said:

This is your reward for taking my advice

thanks for giving me the opportunity to advise you...over all these years since this kicked off

I get spiritual reward 🙄

Haha! your advice going back a few years was indeed spot on sir :)

11 hours ago, Ostrich Man said:

isnt molby's advice always ditch her and f*** all around you?

you make it sound so crass 

anyway that's just a coincidence

I offer a range of advice to fit the situation; it's just that everyone here always seems to be in the same situation

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Swan Red said:

f*** you I need help and despite swiping right on every f***ing hairdresser there's been no luck

Get yourself some clippers, number 2 all over, beard and hair

Soz Molby but I’m more bachelor farmer than ageing hipster don’t know if I can pull that off. Scissors by my eyes er no my eyesights too precious. Idk it’s going to rain which I think may be good.