Sign in to follow this  
Tosh

Gerard Houllier

Hodgson was never a Liverpool type of manager, Houllier was good manager but should never have subbed Hamman for Smicer against Levekusen.  Rodgers, was out of his depth, got the job to early and rode his luck.  If he had beaten Hull away or Southampton at home, we would have been champions.

Michael Owen missed about three one on ones after he made that sub. If he scores one the man looks like a genius and we'd have played Manchester United in a European Cup Semi Final. :(

People at the club, post boot room, were running amok and taking the piss

GH stopped that and also banned the hangers on from swanning around as if they owned the place, even though their days at the club had officially ended

That was a massive part of our resurgence

As was modernising Melwood

Michael Owen missed about three one on ones after he made that sub. If he scores one the man looks like a genius and we'd have played Manchester United in a European Cup Semi Final. :(

which we'd have won

Any other club, we'd have built a statue in his honour outside the ground.

I remember really disliking Houllier by the end. His interviews and excuses after more dreadful football and results really annoyed me.

It dissipated once he left, though. And 2001 was brilliant. Interesting listening to Owen on Carra's podcast, saying Istanbul has dampened just how great that treble was a little.

Never took to Rodgers, either. Always found him insincere and eggy. And full of himself.

Is it Rodgers’ farts that were eggy?

Without looking back at the fixtures, I know that the run that started with us losing to Leeds on Good Friday was f***ing brilliant.

Yeah. Incredible stuff. Owen and Gary Mac to the fore.

His last two seasons were painful even if we did qualify for the Champions’ League but overall there was so much goodness and I loved him for much of the time

Yeah. Incredible stuff. Owen and Gary Mac to the fore.

His last two seasons were painful even if we did qualify for the Champions’ League but overall there was so much goodness and I loved him for much of the time

I remember Owen's 2 goals against Chelsea and thinking he would score every chance that came to him in that form.

Is it just me or do I remember us getting battered in the game. It was so so long ago now

Is it just me or do I remember us getting battered in the game. It was so so long ago now

From what I remember it was pretty nip and tuck.

Remember that little c*** Bowyer smashing McAllister in the face and Heskey destroying Ferdinand when he came on. One of the great away days followed by a brilliant night out in Leeds after.

I think they hit the post after about 30 seconds but I don’t remember much of the actual match itself before our goals.

From what I remember it was pretty nip and tuck.

Remember that little c*** Bowyer smashing McAllister in the face and Heskey destroying Ferdinand when he came on. One of the great away days followed by a brilliant night out in Leeds after.

I haven’t thought about that odious little prick in years. Hated him.