Sign in to follow this  
Swan Red

London drinks March

Drinks Date  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah I can absolutely understand and am glad it's under control but mainly I was just taking the piss out of you missing elevated from the previous post.

However given my life is significantly different now than it was I'm determined to get over to Liverpool and London more often

3 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Yeah I can absolutely understand and am glad it's under control but mainly I was just taking the piss out of you missing elevated from the previous post.

However given my life is significantly different now than it was I'm determined to get over to Liverpool and London more often

I'll be living in Maidenhead by the end of June so both of these wonderful places just got more accessible for me.

😄

Sorry to hear that Murph, these are extraordinary circumstances.

I think we're all going to have to play this by ear. Vic's flight maybe grounded next week?

1 hour ago, Swan Red said:

I'm unlikely to change my plans but I am aware they may be changed for me.

How about The  ferry? 
then a return train journey 

and another ferry home 

I've just had an e mail from BA informing me that our booking for 5 people to Tampa in April has been cancelled.Three of the seats (economy) were offered on another date (next day) the two Premium Economy seats (me and the missus) were just cancelled giving us the option of rooting around trying source other available dates or get a refund in full.

The money is winging it's way back into my bank account, it's the first bit of good news in really dire circumstances in days. The airlines must be getting absolutely wasted....

Edit- We got a full refund on all 5 seats, almost £3000.

10 minutes ago, Murphman said:

I've just had an e mail from BA informing me that our booking for 5 people to Tampa in April has been cancelled.Three of the seats (economy) were offered on another date (next day) the two Premium Economy seats (me and the missus) were just cancelled giving us the option of rooting around trying source other available dates or get a refund in full.

The money is winging it's way back into my bank account, it's the first bit of good news in really dire circumstances in days. The airlines must be getting absolutely wasted....

Edit- We got a full refund on all 5 seats, almost £3000.

How long did it take? When mine got cancelled it took f***ing weeks

When I said 'winging it's way into my bank account' it may well be with a carrier pigeon. I've not got it yet, just an email confirming it's on it's way and they'll tell me once it's sent.

3 hours ago, Murphman said:

When I said 'winging it's way into my bank account' it may well be with a carrier pigeon. 

We all just thought it was s*** airline based pun and nothing more to be honest. 

I can’t seem to generate any level of concern but maybe that’s almost definitely because I am missing the scale and am focussed on work as well as not being personally affected. 

I’m game but that’s no measure of sense.

On 13/03/2020 at 16:56, Nathan Explosion said:

I can only assume that the reason you are telling us in here is because you're going to put a grand behind the bar for all of us to enjoy in your absence?

A tenner, maybe... It's a tenuous link to the subject other than it emphasises the ongoing shut down which might impact people's decision as to whether this should go ahead or be postponed. I suppose I should have put it in things to cheer us up.

Like on the one hand my airfare (sorry Pip but this is the only flight I'm taking this year) and accommodation costs are sunk so it doesn't matter if I cancel early or just don't arrive and I'd really like to catch up with people over the weekend but I don't want to be irresponsible. Idk decide later in the week I guess.

It's a toughie.

I booked hotel and train a couple of weeks back. It's been 10 years since I met any of you A-Holes and for some reason I was looking forward to doing it again 🙂

But it definitely feels a bit wrong 😞

26 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Someone's had a drink-related memory blackout...

That's my memory of it too 🙂

Have I got my maths wrong? Can't be far off ten years!