• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's kicked the s*** out of that one!        

Maybe so, but that's the last time I'm watching Swansea to report back to you plebs.  I've done my bit.

I can reveal that I watched him last weekend in a late night weekend with the express intention of reporting back to you c**** in this forum.  Like a correspondent, intrepid and individual, like Graha

45 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Players really haven’t adjusted to no crowds with their celebrations. They all start off like they are addressing a bincg of people cheering or jeering them.

is vardy still doing the ears thing to opposition fans?

8 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Some finish that. Involved next season please. I honestly don’t think £20m is getting you noticeably better.

Can't help but feel like he's just swung his leg at it? It is his left foot I suppose.

Regardless I think he's at least worthy of a proper pre-season with us

Posted (edited)

There's a thread on the Swansea reddit forum where a Liverpool fan has asked how he's progressing for them.  These are the responses.

His mentality is great, he always looks hungry to score and his finishing skills are excellent. He can reach balls from angles you wouldn't expect and can bang them in with force. He's ready to press everything and he will come right back and defend when the team needs it.

He's still got room for growth on his chance creation. His passing isn't always in-sync and sometimes he will try and flick that goes nowhere, but he's delivered a couple of great moments. And he doesn't have much in the way of hold-up play.

If the rest of the team can't get the ball to him, he can get locked out of the game. But if he gets the chance he pounces on it.

I would say he has been one of our best forwards in a long while. The confidence he has fostered in the team since playing for us has probably been the most important aspect for us as a team. It feels like the guys around him believe he can score, and that has made some of our recent performances flow rather nicely.

I hope for him and us, we get to keep him for another season as it seems to be working well for all concerned.

I think the fact hes adapted really quickly is a sign of a great mentality and potential. He sometimes seems slightly out of sync with some of the other players but that will come with time.

He also bring a confidence the team that we can score one or two every game, which has been key to getting into the play offs

He's looked really good, and he has the ability to hit long strikes well. He would probably ride the bench in the Prem for another year or two, but the talent is undeniable. I think he just needs to be a little stronger with the ball and gain a bit more game sense. It would be amazing to hold onto him for another year on loan.

Interesting to hear their perspectives.  On the point of his getting "locked out of games" when they don't get him the ball - that accords with what I've seen when I've watched Swansea.  But also, there's not much he can do when he's leading the line and they hardly get the f***ing ball past halfway.

Edited by Aritro
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Aritro said:

There's a thread on the Swansea reddit forum where a Liverpool fan has asked how he's progressing for them.  These are the responses.

Good, constructive feedback.  They seem a nice bunch of lads, intelligent, polite & well-spoken.  Can we convert them to Liverpool fans and get them on here?

Swansea were crap last night and well beaten.

He was barely in the game but he and Ayew had no service whatsoever.

Took his chance really well when it was presented to him. Kept his head and finished well.

27 minutes ago, Cunny said:

Swansea were crap last night and well beaten.

He was barely in the game but he and Ayew had no service whatsoever.

Took his chance really well when it was presented to him. Kept his head and finished well.

They aren’t a particularly good team which makes it all the more impressive what he’s done. They’re losing a few this summer and what they’ve got left is probably down the other end of the table. 

I think in some home games against the weaker teams we could play a modified 4-2-3-1 with fab playing next to virgil and hendo and Gini as centre mids.

Effectively opens up another forward spot.

He'll get plenty of games in place of Origi.  He presses like a demon and he can clearly finish.  

I think it would be a lot better for his development to play 40 games on loan somewhere with 35 starts, but given we're not signing anyone I reckon he could get 20 appearances for us (8 starts).