Tosh

Coronavirus

41 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I can see how this is good obviously, but it jars slightly with the initiative people are taking to help out others in the community. It's a bit annoying if one helper can only shop for one person at a time.

Yeah that’s fair. You’d assume they were seeing people just being ridiculous though and ached. 

4 minutes ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Work at the hospital has become quite fraught and generally not enjoyable at all. Starting to get difficulty sleeping which isn’t helping. Positive cases starting to come through. 

Yeah must be tough for you guys at the moment.

Look after yourself

7 minutes ago, Case said:

UK Lockdown from this Friday night is a rumour doing the rounds. 

where is that coming from?

Good luck to you and your work colleagues mate. Huge weight of responsibility being borne by you. At the risk of sounding like Jo Whiley its heroic stuff.

Lockdown basically just means you can only go out to go to work or for medical reasons?

talking of lockdown in NYC - but it's not army on the street stuff - you can still go out to walk the dog, care for people in need, exercise, get food etc

we're not talking military curfew

2 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

talking of lockdown in NYC - but it's not army on the street stuff - you can still go out to walk the dog, care for people in need, exercise, get food etc

'kin ell... will be like Dark Night Rises when Bane has his fellas patrolling the streets.. :(

5 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

So not a lock down at all really : )

34 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Noel Gallagher is sharpening his pencil as I type

It's like a modern day Book of Revelations

29 minutes ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Work at the hospital has become quite fraught and generally not enjoyable at all. Starting to get difficulty sleeping which isn’t helping. Positive cases starting to come through. 

Bloody hell - look after yourself. Cannot imagine what it is like working for the NHS at the moment

It'll just be supermarkets and chemists open basically I'm guessing

And probably reduced public transport too perhaps but they'll need to keep that going in some form

5 minutes ago, psl said:

Bookies must be struggling.  Nothing to bet on.

A lot of the meets for the gee gees have been going ahead, just behind closed doors. I guess the local bookies who have the stall up at the courses will be suffering but the high street and online branches may be not so much,  

2 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

A lot of the meets for the gee gees have been going ahead, just behind closed doors. I guess the local bookies who have the stall up at the courses will be suffering but the high street and online branches may be not so much,  

Ah ok. 

My wife's a counsellor so is trying to rearrange as many appointments to Skype as she can.

There's enough space for 2 metres exclusion in her office, but she's not sure how people will feel about coming in.

59 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Noel Gallagher is sharpening his pencil as I type

Is he not using his high flying biros?

The world's running out of bandwidth as well today. We've had to cancel two meetings today part-way through because the connectivity has been awful after running fine every time we've used the same applications for the last two or three weeks.

10 minutes ago, drdooom said:

Germany running out of sausages and cheese due to panic buying. It's the Wurst Käse scenario. I'll get my coat.

:lol: