1 hour ago, LicK said:

It's not even Labour vs Tory. There are some Tory MPs in Manchester and they were reported to be the angriest in the arguments with government over the restrictions. Kuenssberg is a Downing Street Press Officer in all but name.

The sound bites are s***e - the news is supposed to be about 

Edited by Romario
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, quick update.. my good lady's back home and essentially been given the 'you should be ok after a few days in bed now' discharge. Even getting her home shows what an ill thought out sh*tshow th

Two weeks quarantine done, now at the airport with a 7am beer. Tastes bloody amazing. Now I get to see my wife for the first time in 6 weeks. 

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Tommok said:

Watching the BBC News at 6.

Kuenssberg reckons arguments regarding the restrictions "are not just a battle between Labour and the Conservatives but between North and South" - that's helpful talk.

Marginally worse than listening to Kuenssberg is the BBC News's obsession with endless sound bites from the public - do we really need that to be such a prominent part of news broadcasts? I don't find them particularly useful.

The BBC is horrendous for it. Their radio channels are now 50% music and 50% people tweeting in what part of the kitchen they are dancing/crying to said tunes. Who gives a f***?

13 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Off topic a bit but are the anti monarchy protests happening where you are? 

No, that's Bangkok. Though there was one at Tha Pae Gate in Chiang Mai last night, about half a mile from where we were sat having a drink. Only about 500 people though.

13 hours ago, Bailo said:

Have they got a test track and trace system at all? Hard to understand how simple mask wearing is keeping numbers so low. Is mask wearing that bad in the UK? 

They have an app for track and trace but they've not really needed it for a while now. There hasn't been a new case of COVID in Chiang Mai for three months. It's normal and it's freaking me out a bit. They did proper lockdowns, they closed the borders very early on and didn't let anyone in from outside the country for several months, had a curfew back in I think it was April or May for a few weeks, and maskwearing is standard and absolutely everybody does it without question. Social distancing is in place and observed properly and there's checkpoints on malls and larger shops to take your temperature before you're allowed in them. Overall people just seem to have worked together to do what was necessary to stop the virus spreading.

21 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

They have an app for track and trace but they've not really needed it for a while now. There hasn't been a new case of COVID in Chiang Mai for three months. It's normal and it's freaking me out a bit. They did proper lockdowns, they closed the borders very early on and didn't let anyone in from outside the country for several months, had a curfew back in I think it was April or May for a few weeks, and maskwearing is standard and absolutely everybody does it without question. Social distancing is in place and observed properly and there's checkpoints on malls and larger shops to take your temperature before you're allowed in them. Overall people just seem to have worked together to do what was necessary to stop the virus spreading.

You got a spare room mate?

• Like 1

My sons woken up with a bad cough and sore throat. I’m sure it’s just a cold. He feels ok. But I’m guessing it would be alarm bells if he walked into school coughing?

15 minutes ago, Romario said:

My sons woken up with a bad cough and sore throat. I’m sure it’s just a cold. He feels ok. But I’m guessing it would be alarm bells if he walked into school coughing?

Depends if it's persisten. There's a bit of confusion about what this means but our school are saying it applies if you're having a coughing fit for about 15 minutes or coughing consistently for about an hour.

Edited by Dan
18 minutes ago, Romario said:

You can only use your own judgement. 

I suffer from headaches which is a symptom of COVID 19 but I've not got a test or isolated myself on that basis 

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Depends if it's persisten. There's a bit of confusion about what this means but our school are saying it applies if you're having a coughing fit for about 15 minutes or coughing consistently for about an hour.

Yeah. I think it’s best he stays at home. Don’t want to freak teachers or parents out. 

Edited by Romario
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ant said:

I suffer from headaches which is a symptom of COVID 19 but I've not got a test or isolated myself on that basis 

Well you shouldn't get a test for a headache.  The NHS is clear on when you should get one - a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.  Nothing about headaches.

2 minutes ago, Romario said:

Yeah. I think it’s best he stays at home. It’s kind of alarm bells when people are coughing these days. 

He should get a test.

9 minutes ago, Ant said:

You don't get a test for a headache.

59 minutes ago, Romario said:

My friends kids school are sending kids into an isolation room if they cough or sneeze in school and then parents are called and told to not collect them until they have a negative test 

Gonna be chaos this time of year with it 

4 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

My friends kids school are sending kids into an isolation room if they cough or sneeze in school and then parents are called and told to not collect them until they have a negative test 

That's pretty irresponsible of the school tbh. Has nobody complained?

Edited by Dan
6 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Harsh leaving them locked up in that room that long. Do they have access to food water and bedding?

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's pretty irresponsible of the school tbh. Has nobody complained?

Yeah there have been complaints at PTA meetings.. Not sure if they have changed it now. 

Can't complain about my lads schools. They are keeping us updated daily on things and a good system in place for pick up and drop off 

Burnham is still a bit of a wet centrist but it's good to see someone actually standing up to this Govt over Covid and not just accepting this war time unity government feeling BS that Starmer has been happy to walk into. 

45 minutes ago, Sion said:

Burnham is still a bit of a wet centrist but it's good to see someone actually standing up to this Govt over Covid and not just accepting this war time unity government feeling BS that Starmer has been happy to walk into. 

Big Joe has been made to look like a divvy

Call the bizzies Joe

1 minute ago, smithdown said:

Big Joe has been made to look like a divvy

Call the bizzies Joe

Him and Rotherham need to get out in front of it, do some daily briefings or something. Because you're right, our region looks like the softest touch going.