• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, quick update.. my good lady's back home and essentially been given the 'you should be ok after a few days in bed now' discharge. Even getting her home shows what an ill thought out sh*tshow th

Two weeks quarantine done, now at the airport with a 7am beer. Tastes bloody amazing. Now I get to see my wife for the first time in 6 weeks. 

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

It was at PHE and not Serco surprisingly 

Yep. Decades of underfunding coming home to roost. Not a new thing this either - the NHS being on XP-based computers has been known for ages.

3 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

I find this difficult to believe is there any confirmation of the version of excel being used or is it being inferred from the reporting on the actual issue?

Dr Rosena Allin-Khan (@DrRosena) Tweeted:
It’s been confirmed: The row limit was 66,000 which means they were using Excel from 2003 (at the latest). 

Unbelievable. With all the technology at our disposal - we use a programme two-decades old. https://twitter.com/DrRosena/status/1313187559321804801?s=20

Cheers Bailo, I'm shocked, though not yet convinced, even considering the underfunding of the NHS. There are ways to limit the size of files imported into newer versions which is why I'd like to know more. 

I'm not saying 2k3 isn't around the NHS I'm just shocked that later versions aren't present and this managed to get through any kind of predesign.

2 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Cheers Bailo, I'm shocked, though not yet convinced, even considering the underfunding of the NHS. There are ways to limit the size of files imported into newer versions which is why I'd like to know more. 

This bloke reported it as:

Right from elsewhere in that thread it seems that the file format rather than the software version was or may be responsible. If a file is saved as an xls file it will adhere to previous versions standards

Ah 

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

This bloke reported it as:

right this makes more sense

1 hour ago, Swan Red said:

I'm not saying 2k3 isn't around the NHS I'm just shocked that later versions aren't present and this managed to get through any kind of predesign.

The NHS Cyber Attack was allegedly due to a Windows XP deployment 

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

The NHS Cyber Attack was allegedly due to a Windows XP deployment 

Sure like I said I'm not surprised that older versions of software and OS's are deployed across the NHS I don't expect that to mean later versions aren't

2 minutes ago, Redwire said:

Jamming with Jenas: A new weekly cutting edge debate show where Jermaine Jenas "digs deep" on a whole range of topics completely out of his comfort zone, yet all the while acting completely comfortable in the roll.

It's a sensible approach which allows teachers to set appropriate assessments in relation to individual schools' own set of circumstances. Looks like A Levels are staying though so not sure why that would be any different.

oh f***ing hell.

Daughter on the phone tonight in tears. The house she's staying at in Paris - friends - both parents were tested yesterday & came back positive today. So now the nipper has to get tested tomorrow with her friend & all the other kids there.

I was at the house 2 days last week, so guessing this means I've been exposed too

11 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

oh f***ing hell.

Daughter on the phone tonight in tears. The house she's staying at in Paris - friends - both parents were tested yesterday & came back positive today. So now the nipper has to get tested tomorrow with her friend & all the other kids there.

I was at the house 2 days last week, so guessing this means I've been exposed too

Let's hope for the best. 

Tensions in this country are going to increase rapidly if the government introduces this three tier system 

Students shouldn't have been made to pay for their courses and accommodation and this year. I know someone who has just went to Glasgow School of Art for a fashion degree. She's stuck in her flat with people she doesn't know and is learning a practical course with no practical classes.