8 hours ago, pipnasty said:

What's the deal with work then? I've been off for a couple of days with a Covid relapse. Back in March, I was off for a couple of days and was told that I did not have to provide evidence i.e. a positive test result, but now my employer is insisting that I present a positive test result because of my relapse, which I obviously can't do. They've told me that any Covid related absence without a positive test result will now be seen as unauthorised and could result in disciplinary action. Load of old b******s isn't it?

Why don't you get a test? 

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, quick update.. my good lady's back home and essentially been given the 'you should be ok after a few days in bed now' discharge. Even getting her home shows what an ill thought out sh*tshow th

Two weeks quarantine done, now at the airport with a 7am beer. Tastes bloody amazing. Now I get to see my wife for the first time in 6 weeks. 

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

Posted Images

Just now, muleskinner said:

Wouldn't an antibody test help?

I would guess that if an employer is being an a******* about this, even a positive Ab test could be explained away as "We know you *had* it but we don't believe your symptoms have come back."

There are lots of reports of "relapses" and long-term problems but it must be hard to prove. Comes down to normal sick leave surely and so if they're forcing Pip in, that's actionable.

3 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I would guess that if an employer is being an a******* about this, even a positive Ab test could be explained away as "We know you *had* it but we don't believe your symptoms have come back."

There are lots of reports of "relapses" and long-term problems but it must be hard to prove. Comes down to normal sick leave surely and so if they're forcing Pip in, that's actionable.

GP could help in this situation you'd think.

14 hours ago, Gethin said:

How so?

It's a pretty valid point - the issue with lots of high streets is because they're also through roads they're unpleasant places to spent time. Areas that are realising this and finding solutions which remove some or all of the traffic are seeing more local people using them and spending more money in the shops when they're doing so.

People forget that traders need access to Dixons.

Sounds like mine, I had to get the union involved last time and that was just them being dicks about my initial sick. Totally sure they will be even bigger idiots if I have a relapse, just about managing at the moment so it won't take much of one to see me off again. 

11 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

Sounds like mine, I had to get the union involved last time and that was just them being dicks about my initial sick. Totally sure they will be even bigger idiots if I have a relapse, just about managing at the moment so it won't take much of one to see me off again. 

Yeah - heard of employers who are now starting to be real bellends about this. It's like, we haven't had a chance to be a bellend for 5 months, so we need to start making up for it now

Edited by pipnasty

My boss has asthma so thinks shes an expert on what im suffering with 🙄 my headaches are obviously sinus related according to her. She claims shes read every article i sent in about the long term sufferers but I guarantee she didn’t look at a single one. 

17 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

City centres are f***ed I reckon. Suburban high streets are doing better than town around here.

Many people complain about their town centres, then look at their phone and buy something on Amazon. 

46 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Many people complain about their town centres, then look at their phone and buy something on Amazon. 

I agree to a point, if that's diverting business away from independents but in my mind there's no difference between amazon and b&q.

Did we never stop and think whether we needed 6 Prets in a 1 mile radius to "create" a vibrant city centre?

4 hours ago, Bailo said:

I thought that was always lower over weekends and higher on the Monday?

Back when I used to follow it on the twitter it was always low Monday and high Tuesday 

• Like 1

My son was one of 14 new staff taken on in this year's recruitment drive, this morning after a series of phone calls from the CEO only 2 are left and one of them isn't my son. His firm are really struggling to survive so badly have they been affected financially, 12 perfectly good people just lost their job, there's much more of this to come I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Murphman said:

My son was one of 14 new staff taken on in this year's recruitment drive, this morning after a series of phone calls from the CEO only 2 are left and one of them isn't my son. His firm are really struggling to survive so badly have they been affected financially, 12 perfectly good people just lost their job, there's much more of this to come I'm sure.

Sorry to hear that, not good. Hope he can get fixed up soon..

3 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Sorry to hear that, not good. Hope he can get fixed up soon..

Thanks Muley. I think he'll be ok, he's still technically a junior (software engineer) but he has a great CV, it's a complete pain in the arris though. All of the 12 are 'new bloods', they were trying to build a team of bright young things apparently.

44 minutes ago, Murphman said:

Ah s***, sorry to hear that Murph - hope he finds something else soon.

43 minutes ago, Murphman said:

Thanks Muley. I think he'll be ok, he's still technically a junior (software engineer) but he has a great CV, it's a complete pain in the arris though. All of the 12 are 'new bloods', they were trying to build a team of bright young things apparently.

Software is a pretty good industry to be in at the minute I'd say. 

50 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Ah s***, sorry to hear that Murph - hope he finds something else soon.

Thanks Tommo.

37 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

Software is a pretty good industry to be in at the minute I'd say. 

He's quite upbeat, whilst disappointed as he loved the job, worked remotely and had a 4 day week he thinks he probably has options. The other problem, his partner is in Bergen interviewing as well so he may end up in Norway working remotely for a UK company, which is fine I guess,  UK salaries are lower than Norwegian generally but you know, all part of finding your way I guess.

People aren't travelling and won't be for the foreseeable future so the guys at my old job has been told they're starting new negotiations with the unions. This time it won't just be furloughs but people will be losing jobs for real. Over 200 jobs affected. I'm ok for now at the new place but it still feels s*** to hear.

HR department sending out documents on how to cope with anxiety and all. "Eat properly even if you have no appetite". Ffs.