10 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

Cheers, Yeah I don't miss feeling sick after every meal, still get some indigestion which I've never suffered from before. I keep forgettingsome of the symptoms as there were so many. 

Yeah, forgot the feeling sick bit - that as well

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, quick update.. my good lady's back home and essentially been given the 'you should be ok after a few days in bed now' discharge. Even getting her home shows what an ill thought out sh*tshow th

Two weeks quarantine done, now at the airport with a 7am beer. Tastes bloody amazing. Now I get to see my wife for the first time in 6 weeks. 

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

Cheers, Yeah I don't miss feeling sick after every meal, still get some indigestion which I've never suffered from before. I keep forgettingsome of the symptoms as there were so many. 

Knowing what you know now. Is it worth the risk? 

22 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

I have IBS as well which complicates matters. My stomach always takes the hit more than anywhere else no matter what illness I pick up. This time it's really suffered though. I'm working with a nutritionist at the moment to try and sort it out.

2 hours ago, Romario said:

Knowing what you know now. Is it worth the risk? 

No and who knows what its left me with. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I have IBS as well which complicates matters. My stomach always takes the hit more than anywhere else no matter what illness I pick up. This time it's really suffered though. I'm working with a nutritionist at the moment to try and sort it out.

Hope you can get some relief 

On 23/08/2020 at 11:23, Tommok said:

1,288 new cases and 18 new deaths in the United Kingdom yesterday

The numbers of deaths seemed to have decreased significantly while the number of cases has been on the rise. Is the decrease down to it now hitting a younger age range or has treatment improved or could it be the virus is mutating into something less powerful?

18 hours ago, lammyrider said:

The relapses are common and really did my head in. Fully expecting one that will make me go off sick again, my recovery seems to have just stalled at the moment. Really hoping this isn't as good I ever feel now! 

Sorry fella. That last line really makes it hit home.

On 23/08/2020 at 14:43, pipnasty said:

Anybody who thinks they may have had Covid got any recurring symptoms? 

My wife possibly had it in April and since then she'd had recurring waves of fatigue and some flu like aches and joint pain (but no actual other flu like symptoms.

1 hour ago, philmatthews said:

My wife possibly had it in April and since then she'd had recurring waves of fatigue and some flu like aches and joint pain (but no actual other flu like symptoms.

s***e, isn’t it? Hope she recovers fully

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Positive to take from that is that he was asymptomatic second time around. Unlike the first time he caught it.

It's the only take. It's literally how immunity works.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

He's not immune though is he? He's caught it again.

Immunity doesn't have to mean "can never catch again". In this case, this man's 1st infection was symptomatic and he was ill for a while. He recovered and then was reinfected but with no symptoms because his immune system could destroy the virus before enough damage was caused to cause symptom. It was also a genetically distinct virus the 2nd time, meaning the immunity conferred can cope with mutated versions of Covid. That's secondary immunity.

It's one man and we need a lot more evidence but it's good news. It's also startling how poorly understood immunity is by people who are reporting this negatively.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Immunity doesn't have to mean "can never catch again". In this case, this man's 1st infection was symptomatic and he was ill for a while. He recovered and then was reinfected but with no symptoms because his immune system could destroy the virus before enough damage was caused to cause symptom. It was also a genetically distinct virus the 2nd time, meaning the immunity conferred can cope with mutated versions of Covid. That's secondary immunity.

It's one man and we need a lot more evidence but it's good news. It's also startling how poorly understood immunity is by people who are reporting this negatively.

Why report good news when you can spread anxiety and fear in exchange for clicks.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Why report good news when you can spread anxiety and fear in exchange for clicks.

Exactly. It does show the good/bad sides of Twitter though, initially doom and gloom reported by so-called science correspondents, then lots of Profs in Immunology/Vaccinology correcting the mistake.

• Like 1

Labour call for facemasks to be worn in school, hours after the Government say that facemasks should be worn in schools. This is after Labour said facemasks shouldn't be worn in schools in July, which was a nice opportunity at the time to show how tough on unions they could be.

f***ing pathetic.

You've got to hand it to the Tories. The consistency with which they have said there is no need to wear masks in various settings to then a few days later completely changing the advice is impressive