• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, quick update.. my good lady's back home and essentially been given the 'you should be ok after a few days in bed now' discharge. Even getting her home shows what an ill thought out sh*tshow th

Two weeks quarantine done, now at the airport with a 7am beer. Tastes bloody amazing. Now I get to see my wife for the first time in 6 weeks. 

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

It disappeared quicker than Stay Alert 

Oh I meant "work together" and "help each other". Reminded me of that World Cup when the England players kept trying to get song titles into their BBC interviews, France 98 possibly? 

4 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Oh I meant "work together" and "help each other". Reminded me of that World Cup when the England players kept trying to get song titles into their BBC interviews, France 98 possibly? 

Those were the days my friend

So after f***ing up the exam results the government finally turn their attention to back to school. Badgering scientists into telling us it's perfectly kind of safe. Still waiting to hear what our school is going to be doing. All mails met with an automated response that they will be returning on the 2nd. 

36 minutes ago, Romario said:

So after f***ing up the exam results the government finally turn their attention to back to school. Badgering scientists into telling us it's perfectly kind of safe. Still waiting to hear what our school is going to be doing. All mails met with an automated response that they will be returning on the 2nd. 

Johnson and Whitty all over the news saying that there's a very very small chance of kids getting sick from COVID if they go back to school. These people have not earned any trust from anybody at this point. They can shove their recommendations up their arses.

On 23/08/2020 at 11:23, Tommok said:

1,288 new cases and 18 new deaths in the United Kingdom yesterday

I expected higher numbers down here. 

One bed taken in the hospital in Truro and most cases for the South West seem to be near Bristol / Swindon 

12 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Johnson and Whitty all over the news saying that there's a very very small chance of kids getting sick from COVID if they go back to school. These people have not earned any trust from anybody at this point. They can shove their recommendations up their arses.

Agreed. I want my son back in school as he needs it, I need it, but who's going to take advice from Boris. So it's very unlikely that kids will get REALLY ill from it, yes we get that. But they'll bring it home. I've already heard a government scientist today who's towing the company line, admit that yeah there will most likely be a  second wave and out breaks so what then? This "just get on with it" is completely lame.   Sorry to hear about your situation btw. Immensely frustrating for you. 

Edited by Romario
13 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Johnson and Whitty all over the news saying that there's a very very small chance of kids getting sick from COVID if they go back to school. 

But let's shut the hospitality industry down again to be sure

12 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Huge amounts of conflicting data on this and very different pictures with primary and secondary. Also ignores school staff vulnerabilities.

Futhermore, I've not seen it mentioned but all the measures put in place by schools are completely unfunded - have to come out of existing extremely pressured budgets. If its so important, why no money for it? They've not been shy of handing out money hand over fist to their contractor mates.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lammyrider said:

Went off sick on March 17th, chest really isn't great yet and I'm still coughing all the time. Still getting headaches and the fatigue but nowhere near as bad. Back at work as a postie and it's a tough slog.

Yeah - that's not good.

I've had a couple of relapses since I was originally ill back in March and have felt pretty s*** over the last few days again

2 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Huge amounts of conflicting data on this and very different pictures with primary and secondary. Also ignores school staff vulnerabilities.

Futhermore, I've not seen it mentioned but all the measures put in place by schools are completely unfunded - have to come out of existing extremely pressured budgets. If its so important, why no money for it? They've not been shy of handing out money hand over fist to their contractor mates.

Agreed with all of this. Passing it onto teachers to manage without support is simply passing the problem to the schools and yet again half arsing it. 

I'm in a total quandary over this. It does my head in that I'm put in a position where if anyone in my family gets ill I'll be so pissed off with myself for following "half baked guidelines" from Boris.

13 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Yeah - that's not good.

I've had a couple of relapses since I was originally ill back in March and have felt pretty s*** over the last few days again

The relapses are common and really did my head in. Fully expecting one that will make me go off sick again, my recovery seems to have just stalled at the moment. Really hoping this isn't as good I ever feel now! 

3 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

The relapses are common and really did my head in. Fully expecting one that will make me go off sick again, my recovery seems to have just stalled at the moment. Really hoping this isn't as good I ever feel now! 

That's terrible man. I hope you make a fully recovery obviously. 

21 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

That's rough - I'm generally ok and then every 6 weeks or so, I get the same symptoms again and it absolutely floors me for a week. Fatigue, laboured breathing, achey - went for a walk on Saturday, like 30 mins, and came back and was so tired that I just fell asleep with my jacket still on. f*** that

If you think the school situation is bad there. It is totally f***ed up over here.

Some schools have gone remote, some will only go in person. Girl across the road is a teacher and started back last Monday.  Was told to expect 12 kids out of the 25 listed. Not one actually showed up and only about 15 showed up remotely.  She has been told to contact the missing kid's families if they don't show up by Wednesday. None of the kids who used to get the yellow school bus are going in person, yet the bus still goes through the  neighborhood at 655am. 

Our son starts classes at UCF today. All but one of his classes are remote. The in person class will be on a rota. He will be in person 1 week out of 3 or 4, depending on class attendance. His group of close friends have created their own bubble.  They all tested negative and will get together exclusively as a group in one place.

The colleges haven't got a clue how to maintain a safe environment for the students, and vast numbers of students are  behaving like selfish pricks.

30 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

That's rough - I'm generally ok and then every 6 weeks or so, I get the same symptoms again and it absolutely floors me for a week. Fatigue, laboured breathing, achey - went for a walk on Saturday, like 30 mins, and came back and was so tired that I just fell asleep with my jacket still on. f*** that

That's sounds how I was for 4 months without the bits feeling better 🙄 any exertion just wipes you out, sometimes I'd be shattered for days after so I kinda stopped going for walks at all. I can do a four hour delivery now as long as I take it easy so that's progress. Got two mates who are still suffering worse than me and they've been ill the same amount of time. It really does a number on you, even if you don't get it really bad. 

3 hours ago, lammyrider said:

Went off sick on March 17th, chest really isn't great yet and I'm still coughing all the time. Still getting headaches and the fatigue but nowhere near as bad. Back at work as a postie and it's a tough slog.

Glad you're getting there, albeit slowly. Intermittent fatigue lasted a few months with me as well and I only think I had a mild case. Stomach has never properly recovered though yet.