• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

If he sees Paul Weller or Johnny Marr wear one he'll soon change his mind.

My condolences man. Ouch

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Tommok said:

928 new cases reported in the UK today

Apparently this number is made up of tests carried out on 61 separate dates going back to April. The data being put out is crazy and causes more harm and anxiety than it should be. 

5 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Apparently this number is made up of tests carried out on 61 separate dates going back to April. The data being put out is crazy and causes more harm and anxiety than it should be. 

That's a bit mad

So from what I can see there's no travel restrictions on the people in local lockdown areas is there?

Meaning they can travel freely elsewhere as long as they're with members of their own household

1 hour ago, Gethin said:

So from what I can see there's no travel restrictions on the people in local lockdown areas is there?

Meaning they can travel freely elsewhere as long as they're with members of their own household

Like everything else it's as clear as mud. I can't get my head around why Wales, having done a much better job of shutting down infection rates than England, is now allowing English people into its shops without a compulsory mask rule in place.

Just now, Stevie H said:

Like everything else it's as clear as mud. I can't get my head around why Wales, having done a much better job of shutting down infection rates than England, is now allowing English people into its shops without a compulsory mask rule in place.

It's the first thing I think the WG have done wrong

Listening to the radio today, I’m more convinced than ever that sending our kids back to school in September on the advice of this government is a massive massive mistake. 
Reckon I’m gonna pull mine out till xmas as see what happens.

He wants to go back and I want him out of my hair at this stage but it’s not worth it. It’ll be a massive pain in the a*** but I trust Boris as much as I trust Trump.
Absolutely everything Boris has done regarding Covid has been wrong so far so I’m not risking it. 
Without proper testing which the uk doesn’t have it’s a pointless endeavour. 

1 hour ago, Romario said:

Listening to the radio today, I’m more convinced than ever that sending our kids back to school in September on the advice of this government is a massive massive mistake. 

He wants to go back and I want him out of my hair at this stage but it’s not worth it. It’ll be a massive pain in the a*** but I trust Boris as much as I trust Trump.
Absolutely everything Boris has done regarding Covid has been wrong so far so I’m not risking it. 

Remember there are fines if you don't send them back. 

Just now, Bailo said:

Remember there are fines if you don't send them back. 

I want to see comprehensive testing before I’m willing to risk my life for Boris. Like I’m going to pay a fine. 

16 hours ago, Romario said:

Fair enough, it's a personal decision for everyone. 

What are you hoping for with the situation with schools though? Genuine question. If it's social distancing this just won't happen. You may be waiting for a fully rolled out vaccine before sending your child back.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fair enough, it's a personal decision for everyone. 

What are you hoping for with the situation with schools though? Genuine question. If it's social distancing this just won't happen. You may be waiting for a fully rolled out vaccine before sending your child back.

Well we currently have my sons Granny with us as shes recovering from Chemo so i'd be really worried about my son passing it on to her.

I'd like to see some proper track and tracing going on. 70% of people who have it show no symptoms so don't get tested. Also I want to wait till maybe Christmas if I can, as I don't trust what we are being told and I think we'll know more by then.. They want kids back in school so they can get people back to work. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Romario said:

Well we currently have my sons Granny with us as shes recovering from Chemo so i'd be really worried about my son passing it on to her.

I'd like to see some proper track and tracing going on. 70% of people who have it show no symptoms so don't get tested. Also I want to wait till maybe Christmas if I can, as I don't trust what we are being told and I think we'll know more by then.. They want kids back in school so they can get people back to work. 

There should be a lot more outrage that it isn't. The gov't pissed away £12m on an app that didn't work and Hancock has walked away from that unscathed. Starmer's just given them a month to sort it out, which is handy when it's already 6 months late. I don't see how you can implement regional lockdowns and expect anything to open up relatively normal again, whether it's schools or pubs or whatever, when you aren't tracing the movement of the virus. I don't blame you for not wanting your kids back at school yet mate, I wouldn't either. It isn't safe enough out there yet.

Interesting that the local lockdown in Aberdeen has specified no travel > 5 miles where the English ones haven't

You;d think that's the responsible thing to do if you're stopping a supposed spike in an area from spreading elsewhere

6 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

There should be a lot more outrage that it isn't. The gov't pissed away £12m on an app that didn't work and Hancock has walked away from that unscathed. Starmer's just given them a month to sort it out, which is handy when it's already 6 months late. I don't see how you can implement regional lockdowns and expect anything to open up relatively normal again, whether it's schools or pubs or whatever, when you aren't tracing the movement of the virus. I don't blame you for not wanting your kids back at school yet mate, I wouldn't either. It isn't safe enough out there yet.

I hate that I've been put in a position to have to make such a decision but the lack of testing means people are being told to potentially risk their lives and the lives of those around them so we can get back to work and "lets see what happens".We don't even have a clue at how big that risk is. 

It's a dreadful failure and without testing we have literally no idea at all how good or bad the outcome will be. It could be fine with minor outbreaks or a complete catastrophe once winter comes along. They've had 6 months to think about this. 

I also feel for the teachers who are not sure about wanting to return too. Or elderly teachers.

Half the kids in my sons class have been down the local park for the last 4-5 months playing football in huge groups. f*** that!

• Like 2

I hear that. There needs to be regular testing made accessible to people in occupations that involve dealing with lots of people on a regular basis. Teachers, people in hospitality, public transport workers, shop workers otherwise we risk being transmission points and not realise it 

I''m interested to see how it goes in Scotland as they are reopening schools a month earlier than the UK. In about 3 weeks time we should see either good or bad results. If it goes wrong then I can see delays in opening happening here. 

12 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I hear that. There needs to be regular testing made accessible to people in occupations that involve dealing with lots of people on a regular basis. Teachers, people in hospitality, public transport workers, shop workers otherwise we risk being transmission points and not realise it 

There was talk yesterday of a test that can be done in 90 minutes created in a lab in Cambridge i think. Hopefully something like an epipen. Get people that have lost their jobs involved in the production of them. Like brushing your teeth in the morning you test yourself before work. 

Thing is when people get a cold or flu currently they'll be off work for 14 days in fear. 

1 minute ago, D.Boon said:

When the normal cold/flu season kicks in there is going to be all sorts of carnage.

One person coughs in an office and everyone gets sent home only to find out that Mary semi choked on a hobnob. 

• Haha 2

Starting to hear a lot of stuff about how people are basically cleaning up out of the COVID subsidies/payouts e.g. our village hall got a £10,000 payout for loss of earnings - it costs £10 an hour or £85 for the day to hire and is very rarely booked. £10,000 is also coincidentally the limit after which charities need to provide an audit.

The owners of our local pub also own a hairdressers in which they rent out chairs to stylists, they quite happily told us the other night that they got a £25,000 loss of earnings grant just for that place.