Tosh

Coronavirus

Johnson offered the opportunity at the press conference to distance himself from Whittaker’s comments and he declines to take it.

27 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

They're absolutely lining up to blame this on BLM and Eid aren't they. Bunch if absolute f***ing c****. 

Will play well with all those new Tory voters wanting to have a discussion about immigration

3 hours ago, muleskinner said:

I'm intrigued to see how Hancock shapes up long term, he is criticised and abused constantly (rightly so) and delivers constant bad news. It can't be good for the mind. 

He'll probably end up as Prime Minister ;)

Chillingly unsurprising that this is turning into blaming BLM and BAME for everything to deflect away from the govt's ineptitude and mismanagement.

This Tory MP’s comment is one of the inevitable consequences of people not including poorer BAME communities in their instinctive understanding of working class. It makes their experiences intrinsic to race as opposed to the system within which we operate.

14 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

That's what they reported 

From Johnson's speech today:

Today, the weekly survey by the Office for National Statistics reports that the prevalence of the virus in the community in England is likely to be rising for the first time since May.

Around 1 in 1,500 now have the virus, compared to 1 in 1,800 on 15 July and 1 in 2,000 on 2 July. 

3 minutes ago, Redwire said:

From Johnson's speech today:

Today, the weekly survey by the Office for National Statistics reports that the prevalence of the virus in the community in England is likely to be rising for the first time since May.

Around 1 in 1,500 now have the virus, compared to 1 in 1,800 on 15 July and 1 in 2,000 on 2 July. 

They showed a bar graph of cases, Blackburn and Darwen were highest then Leicester. The man doing the piece then suggested the national average was nearer 5 in 100k. Maybe I misheard it, I dunno.

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

Making a 'knight of the realm' the leader of the Labour party went as well as could have been expected.

I'm so utterly surprised. He's the ultimate wet lettuce. Zero spine against Tories, maximum spine against the left. He'll get a peerage from Johnson at this rate.

My 42 years old cousin in iraq passed away this morning because of covid, he's been in hospital for a week and even got a plasma transfusion

The saddest thing is that he has 4 kids and a 5th one on the way 

15 minutes ago, Hassony said:

My 42 years old cousin in iraq passed away this morning because of covid, he's been in hospital for a week and even got a plasma transfusion

The saddest thing is that he has 4 kids and a 5th one on the way 

So sorry to hear this.

As if Iraqis hadn’t been through enough. Just as I was reading your message I received a text from my 20 year old son.  He doesn’t usually take an interest in anything other than video games but this time he was telling me that I should watch ‘once upon a time in Iraq’ . I think it’s made an impression on him.

Sorry for the aside.