5 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Find it remarkable (well I would if this were a normal government) that Pillar 2 data isn't being publicised in the same way as Pillar 1.

The more I work through the logistics of reopening our place, the more I'm s***ting myself about what we're letting ourself in for. We've had our bounceback loan now - so I'm half tempted to use some of that to allow us to bin off reopening for a bit until we see how this works out

It's such a mad concept that a government in this day and age would be hiding data about a life threatening pandemic just to make them look less inept. 

I mean we've kind of "accepted" that that's the norm but every now and again you kind of remember it and just think "what the f*** are they playing at" - it's mind melting really. 

Must be a nightmare for you guys to decide what to do without any proper guidance from the govt, Gethin. 

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, quick update.. my good lady's back home and essentially been given the 'you should be ok after a few days in bed now' discharge. Even getting her home shows what an ill thought out sh*tshow th

Two weeks quarantine done, now at the airport with a 7am beer. Tastes bloody amazing. Now I get to see my wife for the first time in 6 weeks. 

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Find it remarkable (well I would if this were a normal government) that Pillar 2 data isn't being publicised in the same way as Pillar 1.

The more I work through the logistics of reopening our place, the more I'm s***ting myself about what we're letting ourself in for. We've had our loan now - so I'm half tempted to use some of that to allow us to bin off reopening for a bit until we see how this works out

What has become abundantly clear is that you should do what you feel to be correct and safe. Sensible people will inevitably come to better conclusions than these fools. We've hired a cottage for a week end up f this month and the be been impressed with the communication about what steps they are taking at handover with cleans and removal of soft furnishings etc. Its peace of mind. Still won't stop me going crazy with the anti bac on every surface as soon as we get in there though.

The more I work through the logistics of reopening our place, the more I'm s***ting myself about what we're letting ourself in for. We've had our bounceback loan - so I'm half tempted to use some of that to allow us to bin off reopening for a bit until we see how this works out

What has become abundantly clear is that you should do what you feel to be correct and safe. Sensible people will inevitably come to better conclusions than these fools. We've hired a cottage for a week end up f this month and the be been impressed with the communication about what steps they are taking at handover with cleans and removal of soft furnishings etc. Its peace of mind. Still won't stop me going crazy with the anti bac on every surface as soon as we get in there though.

The more I work through the logistics of reopening our place, the more I'm s***ting myself about what we're letting ourself in for. We've had our bounceback loan now - so I'm half tempted to use some of that to allow us to bin off reopening for a bit until we see how this works out

What has become abundantly clear is that you should do what you feel to be correct and safe. Sensible people will inevitably come to better conclusions than these fools. We've hired a cottage for a week at the end of this month and have been impressed with the communications about what steps they are taking at handover with cleans and removal of soft furnishings etc. Its peace of mind. Still won't stop me going crazy with the anti bac on every surface as soon as we get in there though.

What has become abundantly clear is that you should do what you feel to be correct and safe. Sensible people will inevitably come to better conclusions than these fools. We've hired a cottage for a week at the end of this month and have been impressed with the communications about what steps they are taking at handover with cleans and removal of soft furnishings etc. Its peace of mind. Still won't stop me going crazy with the anti bac on every surface as soon as we get in there though.

Edited by D.Boon
19 minutes ago, Tommok said:

It's such a mad concept that a government in this day and age would be hiding data about a life threatening pandemic just to make them look less inept. 

I mean we've kind of "accepted" that that's the norm but every now and again you kind of remember it and just think "what the f*** are they playing at" - it's mind melting really. 

Must be a nightmare for you guys to decide what to do without any proper guidance from the govt, Gethin. 

And this is the difference that withholding tier 2 numbers makes.  Without them you would be asking what's the fuss in Leicester?

42 minutes ago, Tommok said:

There's guidance but it's hastily written (understandable) and sometimes confused.

Then you get to the England v Wales differences.  England says that from 4 July people from 2 different households can stay overnight together whereas Wales doesn't have that. So 2/3 mates could use a Twin/Triple room (very common with our Mountain Biker customers) in England but we can't currently sell a room like that, which is pissing off potential customers. 

Feel like I'm drowning in 100 page regulation documents with 2 useful pages of info in them at the moment.

Ultimately @D.Boon@D.Boon@D.Boon@D.Boon@D.Boon is right and we need to do what we feels is safe, even if it's going to f*** the finances further.

9 minutes ago, Gethin said:

There's guidance but it's hastily written (understandable) and sometimes confused.

Then you get to the England v Wales differences.  England says that from 4 July people from 2 different households can stay overnight together whereas Wales doesn't have that. So 2/3 mates could use a Twin/Triple room (very common with our Mountain Biker customers) in England but we can't currently sell a room like that, which is pissing off potential customers. 

Feel like I'm drowning in 100 page regulation documents with 2 useful pages of info in them at the moment.

Ultimately @D.Boon@D.Boon@D.Boon@D.Boon@D.Boon is right and we need to do what we feels is safe, even if it's going to f*** the finances further.

just keep the bounce back loan

I doubt you'll have to pay any of it back, maybe 20% of it

28 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Yeah that sounds bloody confusing, irritating and worrying, mate :(

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

Layman's terms?

People who have recovered seem to have high T cell (white blood cell type, immune system cell) counts which bodes well as it shows corona does induce an immune response and it involves longer-lasting cells. Antibodies can't be made well without a T-cell response.

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1278091050846912513?s=20

Edited by Bailo
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

I note that, as far as I am aware, nobody has caught this twice yet after 8 months of it being in circulation. Is this correct?

I thought they had an incidence of that in South Korea? 

22 minutes ago, lammyrider said:

Definitely, its an annoying rollercoaster. I’m still not better over three months in. 

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Hope you feel better soon 

8 hours ago, quibs said:

From the Gov website:

Tests in the UK are carried out through a number of different routes:

Pillar 1: swab testing in Public Health England (PHE) labs and NHS hospitals for those with a clinical need, and health and care workers

Pillar 2: swab testing for the wider population, as set out in government guidance

Pillar 3: serology testing to show if people have antibodies from having had COVID-19

Pillar 4: serology and swab testing for national surveillance supported by PHE, ONS, Biobank, universities and other partners to learn more about the prevalence and spread of the virus and for other testing research purposes, for example on the accuracy and ease of use of home testing

So just so I get my head round this - do the overall national figures that were provided in the daily briefings and that most people refer to, include the pillar 2 results?