7 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Hancock is being shoved out to jabber and stutter “What I think the British people want to know is...” for half an hour tonight

Not once in over 2 months of these f***ing daily press conferences has the allotted spokesperson for that day been able to come out beaming and start with "Good news folks, we've made a terrific breakthrough" or "Encouraging news today, we're delighted to be able to announce that...."

Didn't think it was possible for a government to be quite this incompetent. They set the bar so low and so consistently fail to reach it.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

News of our kitchen has spread around Bham - we've been doing deliveries over but now there's a Q at the door each night. Planning meeting tonight to decide how to cater/cope. Heartbreaking stuff. And

If he sees Paul Weller or Johnny Marr wear one he'll soon change his mind.

My condolences man. Ouch

Posted Images

I don't know, they managed to miraculously get the figure of 100,000 onto the Testing chart on the last day of April - it was high fives and backslaps all round, as I recall

Edited by JRC
15 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

My wife works for the NHS and all the talk in her health board is about preparation for an inevitable second wave in the autumn/winter.

I'm still minded that's what the Nightingale hospitals were/are for. And a lockdown in a British autumn and winter is a different prospect for the population to face than a spring one where you get to sit in your garden.

4 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

lockdown in a British autumn and winter is a different prospect for the population to face than a spring one where you get to sit in your garden.

At least some more of Shapps' new road schemes should be open by then which will facilitate car journeys. In exceptional circumstances. 

Edited by Tommok
11 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Not once in over 2 months of these f***ing daily press conferences has the allotted spokesperson for that day been able to come out beaming and start with "Good news folks, we've made a terrific breakthrough" or "Encouraging news today, we're delighted to be able to announce that...."

Didn't think it was possible for a government to be quite this incompetent. They set the bar so low and so consistently fail to reach it.

It's just a non-stop parade of team talks from middle-managers - they know they are talking s***e, we know they are talking, s***e, we all know that we all know they are talking s***e but nobody can be arsed to say anything. Then we all go home

“That’s Barney Castle!” 
An old Durham dialect term from the middle ages, coined during the Northern Rebellion when cowardly Sir George Bowes refused to leave his fortified position in Barnard Castle to engage in battle. “Hence the expression ‘come, come, that’s Barney Castle‘ — meaning, ‘that’s a pathetic excuse.'”

You simply couldn't make this up!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/barnard-castle-durham-slang-pathetic-18310514.amp

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

And yeah I'm aware Marina Hyde was anti Corbyn and so arguably assisted in Johnson being PM 

Corbyn wouldn't have won with God and the devil in his corner 

The amount of rabid '#mediascum' types on Twitter is quite funny. They of course had no problem during the election when about half a dozen papers would attack Corbyn and his shadow cabinet on a daily basis. 

15 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think it takes about five looks to appreciate everything on that Star front page. It’s incredible.

Can’t believe even the ‘voted got Boris cos he’s a laugh innit’ people are on gonna be on board now.

If there is a hosepipe ban then that's it quite frankly. Anarchy.

6 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

If there is a hosepipe ban then that's it quite frankly. Anarchy.

Only way it’s better is if one of the puzzles is a game of ‘Where’s Dommy?’ and a gag about the hosepipe ban not applying to him.

Feels like a missed opportunity in fairness.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tommok said:

And yeah I'm aware Marina Hyde was anti Corbyn and so arguably assisted in Johnson being PM 

Plus also, she used to be in a relationship with Piers Morgan and write for the rag. A couple of fairly insurmountable issues.