By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

1 minute ago, Aunty-N.W.A said:

I agree with this. Johnson is riding this out for as long as he can on the basis people will forget, with the rules likely to be lifted shortly again this is likely to be true 

I don't think people are going to forget this though. There are very few things going that effect everyone. This does. 

1 minute ago, Swan Red said:

f*** off Molby not only did you remind me of that game you also reminded me of the one where Ndlovu scored a hatrick against us

up there in the top 10 worst Anfield moments that's for sure

as for Ndlovu, I missed that game due to work. It's the only game I have ever missed for that reason and it it taught me a valuable lesson in how to structure my life properly

on the plus side, Garry Mac came across a few years later and took further eye-catching set pieces 

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

I don't think people are going to forget this though. There are very few things going that effect everyone. This does. 

how does it affect them? do they all get annoyed?

There is running now in the fact that he definitely (provably) lied yesterday in saying that he had written about pandemic prep in his blog last year. It has now been shown that he added that bit the day after he came back from Durham.

1 hour ago, Bailo said:

I totally get you sammy but I think/hope this could be an awakening for some.

I spoke to my mum last night. She's 70, votes Labour but not particularly left wing or political. She, and she said everyone she knows, is absolutely furious. Took me by surprise tbh. Not just with Cummings either, that Johnson press conference was a real slap in the face apparently.

Christ knows how it's taken this long for people to realise they're self serving liars, but it is a start. 

surely he just leaves and comes back later

I don't know why they're being so ham-fisted about this. There's literally an episode in the Thick Of It about someone resigning and coming back stronger

in fact it started out as nobody wanting to carry the can and ended up with them fighting over who would get to resign

1 hour ago, smithdown said:

Let’s not fall out over which leg of his many journeys was the most irresponsible 

(Btw It’s the hospital one as they probably didn’t tell 999 they had symptoms - and wasn’t Dom lying doggo during this period?)

Madness this because if as many suspect a second wave of lockdown isn’t far away it’s going to be pure questions of what version of lockdown it is.  Is it a proper one or a Cummings one?

There won't be another lockdown. 

20 minutes ago, Gilps said:

He did a good job of persuading the public I see:

Do you think Dominic Cummings should or should not resign from his job as adviser to the Prime Minister?

Should Resign: 59% (+7)
Should Not Resign: 27% (-1)

Via @YouGov, 26 May.
Changes w/ 23 May.

I'd love to know who advised them to do the televised event yesterday. As a PR move it was f***ing mental, talk about pouring petrol on a fire you're trying to put out. So we're going with the drove 30 miles to a beauty spot to check that your eyesight was up to driving all the way back to London line are we? We're all agreed on that? PR, comms, all on board? And we're going to let Dom do questions afterwards are we rather than just read out the statement and walk?

Having agreed that line and presumably had the lawyers all over the statement for 12 hours I can't believe they didn't just issue it as a press statement and leave it at that. Letting him answer questions was suicidal.

3 minutes ago, Molby said:

surely he just leaves and comes back later

I don't know why they're being so ham-fisted about this. There's literally an episode in the Thick Of It about someone resigning and coming back stronger

in fact it started out as nobody wanting to carry the can and ended up with them fighting over who would get to resign

Is why it is so damaging.  If he’d have offed him on Saturday they could have said how hard he is, making tough decisions about his mate  Everything now is weakness even if he dragged him to the podium and slapped him about a bit.

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

There won't be another lockdown. 

ONS graphs aren’t looking the best - if there’s a sharp rise what else can we do?

11 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

My worry also is that Cummings will have the data and actually this isn't affecting the opinion polls in the way we think, and therefore he will stay on.

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

I'd love to know who advised them to do the televised event yesterday. As a PR move it was f***ing mental, talk about pouring petrol on a fire you're trying to put out. So we're going with the drove 30 miles to a beauty spot to check that your eyesight was up to driving all the way back to London line are we? We're all agreed on that? PR, comms, all on board? And we're going to let Dom do questions afterwards are we rather than just read out the statement and walk?

Having agreed that line and presumably had the lawyers all over the statement for 12 hours I can't believe they didn't just issue it as a press statement and leave it at that. Letting him answer questions was suicidal.

He doesn’t generate much warmth and sympathy that’s for sure.  Must have thought everyone’s hearts would melt as he described the rubbish cottage he had to hide out in.

4 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Is why it is so damaging.  If he’d have offed him on Saturday they could have said how hard he is, making tough decisions about his mate  Everything now is weakness even if he dragged him to the podium and slapped him about a bit.

ONS graphs aren’t looking the best - if there’s a sharp rise what else can we do?

Let a load more people die? 

Just like first time round. Tory c****.

Edited by mofus77

1 minute ago, Aunty-N.W.A said:

My worry also is that Cummings will have the data and actually this isn't affecting the opinion polls in the way we think, and therefore he will stay on.

Oh ffs please stop thinking he is one step ahead of everyone

he has been caught fiddling his f***ing blog ffs, we saw him run away from number 10 like he’d arrived to visit a brass and found a bloodied corpse

2 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

Let a load more people die?

You don’t fancy being Leader of the Opposition do you?  

6 minutes ago, smithdown said:

The death rate is dropping. It was the lowest since March last week.

4 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Let tens of thousands more die and blame the scientists and teachers.

We are already chasing 50000 according the ONS.  What was the herd immunity warning - 250000?

utter c**** these

3 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Oh ffs please stop thinking he is one step ahead of everyone

he has been caught fiddling his f***ing blog ffs, we saw him run away from number 10 like he’d arrived to visit a brass and found a bloodied corpse

The stuff going on with Cummings, the use of data and AI is like nothing ever seen before.

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

It’s 2020. The next election is in 2024. There’s a global pandemic, a world depression and an economy likely to be restructured to seal the flow of wealth away from normal people to the top. If I see so much as a single bloody leaflet referencing this in 4 years time I’m going to burn every house in Starmer’s constituency just to make sure that I get the right one.

No offence HP but those three sentences of yours show the already bonkers obsession with this amongst a type. Reread it without Westminster Brain fully engaged and then place it within the context of what has and is likely to come.

10 minutes ago, Aunty-N.W.A said:

It's been four days. If you think is this some calculated position based on data then I'd be very interested to find out where this data is coming from.

Enjoying Gove forgetting what he's said in his previous interview and continuing to dig all new holes in Cummings' story. Driving to take exercise now. Almost like it was his whole intention to undermine the Prime Minister and his special adviser to get them sacked and leave a power vacuum at the top of the party.

Just now, pipnasty said:

Yeah - we saw him yesterday, he's a black belt in data and is a f***ING GEEEENIUS

Got a full tank of petroleum, an empty bottle to piss into and we leave at midnight for me mums

Get onto my massive strategy

Just now, sammy & a said:

It’s 2020. The next election is in 2024. There’s a global pandemic, a world depression and an economy likely to be restructured to seal the flow of wealth away from normal people to the top. If I see so much as a single bloody leaflet referencing this in 4 years time I’m going to burn every house in Starmer’s constituency just to make sure that I get the right one.

No offence HP but those three sentences of yours show the already bonkers obsession with this amongst a type. Reread it without Westminster Brain fully engaged and then place it within the context of what has and is likely to come.

People remember things that effect them. That's all I'm saying.