Tosh

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Redray said:

Ah, just 'nudging' us to wash our hands.  Brilliant.

Wonder if the Atletico fans have been nudged as well for tonight?

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

Aren't you in Norway? I had started to convice myself that it hadn't reached that far North yet.

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

It never gets warm there either so the virus will never die out. Scandinavia is f*cked.

Yup. Norwegian to the core. 
We’re vikings, so no corona virus will mess with us.

On a serious note, it’s in the news nonstop right now, and with a less than proactive NHS, we’ll probably get a massive outbreak 

Edited by Beardsley

55 minutes ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

I'm a Consultant in the NHS who has a lot of contact with patients. There have been confirmed COVID 19 cases at my Trust although I have not seen any of these patients.

I'm unwell with a cough a fever and contacted occupational health who told me I should go home - they weren't allowed to OK testing me for COVID 19 and advised me to contact 111. Even though there have been confirmed cases in my vicinity as I have not definitely come into contact I was told by 111 I don't fit the bill for testing.

It's completely irresponsible. We are so stretched as it is in the NHS, it is so worrying to think what will happen in a couple of weeks, it almost feels inevitable now.

That is absolutely NUTS.

This is surely a question Corbyn must ask at PMQ's today

1 hour ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

I'm a Consultant in the NHS who has a lot of contact with patients. There have been confirmed COVID 19 cases at my Trust although I have not seen any of these patients.

I'm unwell with a cough a fever and contacted occupational health who told me I should go home - they weren't allowed to OK testing me for COVID 19 and advised me to contact 111. Even though there have been confirmed cases in my vicinity as I have not definitely come into contact I was told by 111 I don't fit the bill for testing.

It's completely irresponsible. We are so stretched as it is in the NHS, it is so worrying to think what will happen in a couple of weeks, it almost feels inevitable now.

Hey FCPG going to DM you - someone very senior in UK health wants to talk to you about this.

Edit: and turns out I can't DM you...

Edited by genghis

11 minutes ago, Case said:

That is absolutely NUTS.

Amazed when I read MPs and Formula 1 staff can get a swab seemingly without a known contact but the same policy is not extended to NHS staff who see lots of the elderly population. 

Well amazed but not surprised. 

Edited by Florist Cinema Pond Goal

4 minutes ago, genghis said:

Hey FCPG going to DM you - someone very senior in UK health wants to talk to you about this.

Edit: and turns out I can't DM you...

Nadine. Is that you?

4 minutes ago, Case said:

If FCGP gets 'offed', we have to stand up and be counted.

Just now, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Send help

The only risk to FCPG I'd imagine is that he gets briefly famous, not offed. But I'm speaking outside of my remit - and it's FCPG's call as to how involved he gets!

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wonder if the Atletico fans have been nudged as well for tonight?

Just read that of the 47 deaths in Spain, 31 of them have been in Madrid

So, yano, f*cking hell

Looks like the new chancellor has decided to give the magic money tree a shake

5 minutes ago, Beardsley said:

As of right now, we have 436 people who are confirmed coronavirus positive 

Where do you get the latest figures ?

Still in the very early stages of exponential growth.

Now would be the time for government to impose Italy-like confinement measures if they want to contain or slow this.

A Downing Street source says Prime Minister Boris Johnson has no coronavirus symptoms so there is no need for him to have a test.

er...ok

9 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Where do you get the latest figures ?

Still in the very early stages of exponential growth.

Now would be the time for government to impose Italy-like confinement measures if they want to contain or slow this.

Yeah, the actual numbers are probably much higher. The 436 are just known cases in Norway.

59 minutes ago, Case said:

That is absolutely NUTS.

I'm not sure he reads this forum 

4 hours ago, Case said:

Reports that NHS 111 now refusing to refer tests for people with high fever and dry cough unless they have proven contact with a confirmed Covid case.

Utter madness

This has been my knowledge, via a colleague of mine who has been unwell, for a few weeks now. The stance hasn't changed, if you've not been to these regions they don't care. 

2 hours ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Good luck mate. Wondered what your opinion would be on this.

9 minutes ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Thanks mate 

The most worrying thing for me is the people with the most knowledge are the ones who are the most worried

There's a few threads on twitter from Italian medics which have scared me to the core. Some were mentioned earlier in this thread I think.

What looks to be happening with testing is  there are not enough tests And because of that they are only testing people that are most likely infected, the rest of the population is considered ok until they have definitive signs even if the virus itself is running rampant