Jump to content
Tosh

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Redwire said:

 

Lilico is not a big thinker. That discussion has the potential to be the new "he's 27 until he's 28".

7 hours ago, D.Boon said:

"Sources say"

f***ing hag.

Something has be done about her by her superiors surely? At this stage she's literally just a CCHQ PR head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailo said:

Lilico is not a big thinker. That discussion has the potential to be the new "he's 27 until he's 28".

Something has be done about her by her superiors surely? At this stage she's literally just a CCHQ PR head.

She is doing exactly what her superiors want her to do. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Swipe said:

What do you reckon we do if one isn’t forthcoming? It’s a terrifying thought. 

More than one option - 

hope it goes away or find something that treats it and reduces its impact. I think the latter is more likely 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a coronavirus at the end of the day. It's going away already like all the others have done at around this timeline.  We don't need a dodgy vaccine produced by some no marks trying to make fast bucks .  Only downside is these b*****ds are going to claim credit for it petering out while they are governing. Every cloud has a black lining and all that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sion said:

She is doing exactly what her superiors want her to do. 

 

 

Correct. BBC News has been Conservative HQ communications for a while now. Will be amazed if Cummings loses his job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hard to believe it isn't just one long trolling exercise by them.

'Let's see how long the Prime Minister can hide for before people start to mutter that maybe he should be doing stuff, lol' like some f***ed up high stakes version of Mr Shake Hands Man.

'Let's see how many times we can use an out of work actor with a made up ministerial portfolio to deliver the daily Corona briefing, lol'. Genuinely expecting them to wheel out that Guy Goma fella to see of anyone notices.

'Let's see who can commit the most flagrant breach of the social distancing and isolation regulations and get away with it, lol'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kop205 said:

It is hard to believe it isn't just one long trolling exercise by them.

'Let's see how long the Prime Minister can hide for before people start to mutter that maybe he should be doing stuff, lol' like some f***ed up high stakes version of Mr Shake Hands Man.

'Let's see how many times we can use an out of work actor with a made up ministerial portfolio to deliver the daily Corona briefing, lol'. Genuinely expecting them to wheel out that Guy Goma fella to see of anyone notices.

'Let's see who can commit the most flagrant breach of the social distancing and isolation regulations and get away with it, lol'

It feels very much like what the Trump administration did. Let's see how far we can push the envelope each time, let's see what the public will stomach and move on from, let's see what we can get our client journalists to spew however ridiculous. Slow normalisation of corruption and abolition of all previous rules and norms and you end up with absolutely no accountability at all and looking around asking erm now f***ing what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redray said:

It's a coronavirus at the end of the day. It's going away already like all the others have done at around this timeline.  We don't need a dodgy vaccine produced by some no marks trying to make fast bucks .  Only downside is these b*****ds are going to claim credit for it petering out while they are governing. Every cloud has a black lining and all that. 

I’m no expert but I’m not sure this is accurate. They don’t all peter out. 
Some, like the common cold viruses, or influenzas mutate and remain endemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconhoof said:

I’m no expert but I’m not sure this is accurate. They don’t all peter out. 
Some, like the common cold viruses, or influenzas mutate and remain endemic.

Yes, that's exactly right.  What I meant was peter out in terms of high infection and fatality rates. Basically we learn to live with it as our systrms adapt.  Some of us develop antibodies, some have immunity because of previous infections with differents strains of corona or influenza. So no high incidence occurance.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, smithdown said:

How can anyone not despise these monsters

Wreaks of masses of privilege, thinking it’s ok for you to duck rules because you’re different and going to a second home.

Having said that, I’m not sure it’s a needle mover and it’s definitely not that important in the scheme of things. Not as an individual case anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sammy & a said:

Wreaks of masses of privilege, thinking it’s ok for you to duck rules because you’re different and going to a second home.

Having said that, I’m not sure it’s a needle mover and it’s definitely not that important in the scheme of things. Not as an individual case anyway.

I think it's potentially quite important. At a time where a lot of people are clearly already losing the will to maintain any sort of lockdown, this gives them a perfect opportunity/excuse to go 'well he did that so why can't I do this?'. Anyone who finds themselves in a remotely similar situation has a precedent, given blessing by the government. The excuses coming out from MPs, commentators etc are all fuel for this too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

 

Having said that, I’m not sure it’s a needle mover and it’s definitely not that important in the scheme of things. Not as an individual case anyway.

Can kind of see this but also kind of not - the point isn't about the individual case, it is about the symbolism.

'Most of our advice has been slow coming and, when it has arrived, so vague as to be at best useless and at worst outright harmful. However, what little clear and unambiguous advice we have given - such as not travelling long distances and certainly not staying in any property other than your main home - does not apply to us because, well yer know, it us, so....'

23 minutes ago, smithdown said:

How can anyone not despise these monsters

Durham Police state:

“On Tuesday, March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city. Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house. In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel.”

So somebody is lying then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to be suspicious of the timing. Known about for weeks but blows up on the Friday evening of a bank holiday weekend ahead of parliament not sitting for 2 weeks. Smacks of damage limitation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kop205 said:

Can kind of see this but also kind of not - the point isn't about the individual case, it is about the symbolism.

'Most of our advice has been slow coming and, when it has arrived, so vague as to be at best useless and at worst outright harmful. However, what little clear and unambiguous advice we have given - such as not travelling long distances and certainly not staying in any property other than your main home - does not apply to us because, well yer know, it us, so....'

Durham Police state:

“On Tuesday, March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city. Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house. In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel.”

So somebody is lying then.

 

'Owners of the property' = not Cummings then. Disingenuous as f***.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cummings is a knob but the big story here is No 10's involvement because it is pretty obvious that they have been aware of this from the start. Which is why the BBC are so keen to defend them. If I was Labour, I would be baying for blood here because otherwise it gets added to the long list of things we know this Tory government can get away with.

 

Is Kuenssberg still claiming that the police did not speak to him even though the police have said that they did?

Edited by pipnasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Cummings is a knob but the big story here is No 10's involvement because it is pretty obvious that they have been aware of this from the start. Which is why the BBC are so keen to defend them. If I was Labour, I would be baying for blood here because otherwise it gets added to the long list of things we know this Tory government can get away with.

I dunno, they're coming out with something even more ridiculous by the hour. Let them hang themselves for a while. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Kuenssberg is f***ing incredible. Replying to other journalists 'correcting' them like she's a government spokes-person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if Cummings resigns, he will just come back in a different job title I guess.

Im hoping this damages the Tories and Johnson in the eyes of Tory voters who have perfectly observed the lockdown and struggled with it.

Who knows though, it probably helps cement them as the non-PC brexit freedom party for a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconhoof said:

So if Cummings resigns, he will just come back in a different job title I guess.

Im hoping this damages the Tories and Johnson in the eyes of Tory voters who have perfectly observed the lockdown and struggled with it.

Who knows though, it probably helps cement them as the non-PC brexit freedom party for a lot of people.

They will all forget about it in 4 years time at the polling station 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...