Tosh

Coronavirus

Hurrah, it's inevitably Patel on the lectern to explain quarantine rules. We must isolate for fourteen million and thirty five days, three thousand four hundred and seventeen.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Swipe said:

What do you reckon we do if one isn’t forthcoming? It’s a terrifying thought. 

4 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Hope it does a SARS like disappearing act

Yep this is it although this is likely to be achieved through some form of herd immunity however unpalatable that sounds. This is not to suggest herd immunity should be the goal

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

What do you reckon we do if one isn’t forthcoming? It’s a terrifying thought. 

Perhaps we would have to come to accept that life is even more fragile and precious than we thought. Maybe that would encourage people to be better humans to each other.

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Edited by Falconhoof

"if the measures for quarantine for foreign visitors are going to save lives, why are they not being introduced now and why are you waiting until next month"

Patel: "these measures are vital to prevent a second wave and that is why we are introducing them now"

Errmm?

Edited by Tommok

5 hours ago, kop205 said:

Speaking to a mate in another school, they've had H&S consultants in who have said max 5 pupils to a class room; each 'pod' of 5 pupils must have their own toilets that nobody else uses thaty day; each 'pod' must have their own entrance and exit that nobody else uses; no use whatsoever of communal spaces like the dinnig room. f***ing nuts.

What's the point

6 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

Perhaps we would have to come to accept that life is even more fragile and precious than we thought. Maybe that would encourage people to be better humans to each other.

Ok.

6 minutes ago, Tommok said:

"if the measures for quarantine for foreign visitors are going to save lives, why are they not being introduced now and why are you waiting until next month"

Patel: "these measures are vital to prevent a second wave and that is why we are introducing them now"

Errmm

You’ve done her a disservice there, quoted her out of context.

what she actually said according to the guardian was 

Patel said: “As outlined in my statement, quite clearly, as the number of infections drop we have to manage the risk of external transmission. More people are now travelling and bringing in their own measures. This is about managing the risk of transmission being introduced elsewhere and that is vital so it’s why we are bringing in these measures now. We want to reduce the risk of imported cases to the UK.”

Quite clearly.

Edited by smithdown

Just now, smithdown said:

You’ve done her a disservice there, quoted her out of context.

what she actually said ace to the guardian was 

Patel said: “As outlined in my statement, quite clearly, as the number of infections drop we have to manage the risk of external transmission. More people are now travelling and bringing in their own measures. This is about managing the risk of transmission being introduced elsewhere and that is vital so it’s why we are bringing in these measures now. We want to reduce the risk of imported cases to the UK.”

Quite clearly.

"Now" not being "now" tho (and being next month), quite clearly.

She did mention that these measures were to prevent a second wave too but I accept that my quotes may not have been exactly verbatim. ;)

11 minutes ago, Tommok said:

"Now" not being "now" tho (and being next month), quite clearly.

She did mention that these measures were to prevent a second wave too but I accept that my quotes may not have been exactly verbatim. ;)

I’ve read what she said 3 times and I don’t understand 

21 minutes ago, Tommok said:

At least they scrapped the idea of the ludicrous exemption for travellers coming from France

Further to the above there is an exemption for flights from Ireland - does Ireland also have the quarantine law? Otherwise you could fly here from anywhere via Ireland and be exempt?

It wouldn't be like this govt to overlook Ireland when it's drafting major domestic legislation....

Edited by Tommok

51 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Has there been a worse home secretary than priti Patel? 

Theresa May was pretty bad, and she ended up as the PM

Can you imagine if god forbids this happens with Patel? 

6 hours ago, kop205 said:

Speaking to a mate in another school, they've had H&S consultants in who have said max 5 pupils to a class room; each 'pod' of 5 pupils must have their own toilets that nobody else uses thaty day; each 'pod' must have their own entrance and exit that nobody else uses; no use whatsoever of communal spaces like the dinnig room. f***ing nuts.

Easier to put every kid in a space suit isn't?

2 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Theresa May was pretty bad, and she ended up as the PM

Can you imagine if god forbids this happens with Patel? 

That would be terrifyin'