Tosh

Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Johnson will happily be quarantined for 2 weeks if it means him doing f*** all for that period

Maybe we can use the track and trace app to find him

8 minutes ago, Tommok said:

No probably not. 

When it was previously discussed it was decided that if you were travelling from France, there were no restrictions - so that renders it largely pointless altho there's an argument that something  is better than nothing. 

I imagine that argument is more often made by people who won't be at the sharp end.

Just now, Swan Red said:

I imagine that argument is more often made by people who won't be at the sharp end.

Oh yeah for sure.

It's generally a mantra for the lazy/disinterested too. 

Johnson has a framed embroidery saying "Something is better than nothing" hanging above his bed. 

14 minutes ago, Tommok said:

No probably not. 

When it was previously discussed it was decided that if you were travelling from France, there were no restrictions - so that renders it largely pointless altho there's an argument that something  is better than nothing. 

Wtf?! 

Two benches is more than 2m but better to be safe eh? 

Meanwhile, in France...

2 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

France will sue people for not wearing masks and sue women for wearing a niqab

That’s a jack straw man argument 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

Most countries have been doing this sort of thing for weeks.

You know, the ones with far lower rates of infection and deaths etc

I hated the Australian stance of stopping immigration, but we did well with stopping everyone coming in this time.

So with the impending June 1st date approaching, my wife and my eldest daughter (year 6) will be returning to her workplace/going back to school.

Wife's employer has created a new role for her which will isolate her from children on the 3 days a week she'll be working on-site, with her concentrating on assisting with the home learning packs they distribute, as well as continuing doing what she has been doing for the last whatever number of weeks she has been at home (turns out the work she has been doing has formed a huge amount of the overall output of the ~25 team she works in)

Daughters' school polled parents to see who was/wasn't sending children back in...Erin really wants to go back in, so she will be. They will have 8 kids per classroom, as 15 is just not doable in any other location in the building other than the hall and that is already being used for children of key workers. She will be back in 2 days of the week, either Mon/Tue or Thurs/Fri, with Wednesday closure for deep clean of the building (apart from the key workers element)

My youngest (year 5) could go back if she wanted to, as my wife is a key worker, but she is absolutely terrified of returning so she's going to be home with me.

12 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

What you think racist as f*** authorities in France are better than racist as f*** authorities here?

No. Why would anyone think that?

Then it's not a straw man to demonstrate the hypocrisy of the French with regard to how muslim women are treated in France

My point as I seem not to be making it clear is while we consider different governments approach to this pandemic there are implications in every increase in authority the state has over its residents and those increases will be felt most severely by those already experiencing the racism of the state.

2 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Then it's not a straw man to demonstrate the hypocrisy of the French with regard to how muslim women are treated in France

But it is a jack straw argument, ie something to tortuously exercise the beige debating skills of former Home Secretary and bare-faces-for-all advocate Jack Straw

14 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

The mask / hijab issue is in a few countries isnt it?

I expect it is but it's always the result of racist bulls*** dressed up as progressive paternalism

There isn't one for either of the two previous corona viruses and there's so much confusion around it putting all our trust in a vaccine is overly optimistic.

36 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

There isn't one for either of the two previous corona viruses and there's so much confusion around it putting all our trust in a vaccine is overly optimistic.

What do you reckon we do if one isn’t forthcoming? It’s a terrifying thought. 

1 minute ago, Swipe said:

What do you reckon we do if one isn’t forthcoming? It’s a terrifying thought. 

Hope it does a SARS like disappearing act