By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

58 minutes ago, Gilps said:

Easing some restrictions on the downside of the curve only to reimpose them as and when cases start increasing again.

I get the theory bit how do you start to manage that? The death rates take weeks to manifest themselves as big spikes, by the time we see significant rises it's essentially already too late. Also businesses can't just open and close for a couple off weeks at a time.

22 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

I haven't missed her but seeing more and more people questioning where the f*** the home secretary is.

God! I forgot about her.

Isn't she pre-disposed to just go some mixture of Police State and people deserve to die and aren’t strong enough to survive.

2 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

I get the theory bit how do you start to manage that? The death rates take weeks to manifest themselves as big spikes, by the time we see significant rises it's essentially already too late. Also businesses can't just open and close for a couple off weeks at a time.

Planned economy seems the best solution to me alongside hoping the MMT gods are real.

Just now, sammy & a said:

God! I forgot about her.

Isn't she pre-disposed to just go some mixture of Police State and people deserve to die and aren’t strong enough to survive.

Almost definitely. Probably just wants to go and shoot the poor and over 70s before they get the virus to be on the safe side.

1 minute ago, D.Boon said:

f***ed if I know. Can’t see any way of managing it effectively, which is partly why I’m expecting restrictions to remain in place for far longer than a lot of people are expecting or hoping.

24 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Probably hiding and hoping that her bullying tribunal case will be forgotten about once this is over 

This is it. She’s even avoiding the home affairs committee who’ve written to her a few times for her to appear for questions 

Just now, muleskinner said:

Almost definitely. Probably just wants to go and shoot the poor and over 70s before they get the virus to be on the safe side.

Rumours of a significant falling out between her and a Johnson/the rest of cabinet over strategy. Who knows. Not missing her, but it is genuinely weird that when they’re cycling through ministers to present the daily briefings we regularly get a fairly minor figure like Sharma crop up but we’ve not seen or heard from a figure as senior as the Home Secretary in weeks. 

1 minute ago, Gilps said:

Rumours of a significant falling out between her and a Johnson/the rest of cabinet over strategy. Who knows. Not missing her, but it is genuinely weird that when they’re cycling through ministers to present the daily briefings we regularly get a fairly minor figure like Sharma crop up but we’ve not seen or heard from a figure as senior as the Home Secretary in weeks. 

It is. Can't really see how she moves forward when you've been invisible during the biggest crisis in 70 years.

14 hours ago, Molby said:

Our local park has tennis courts

Even on a Sunny Sunday during Wimbledon I have never ever seen more than two people waiting to get on one of the courts

so that being the case, is it ok to play tennis? singles obv

Play, but wear a hi-vis vest. If anyone questions, you are performing a survey of the court, including the ‘lines of sight’ and ‘surface integrity’

I find her so massively triggering but I almost definitely have some extremely unhelpful pathologies at play.

That smirk and attitude though... Probably best not to put that in front of the nation right now:

25 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

They’ll pop her out soon, now people are taking about her. Governing via twitter trending topics, has anyone else noticed them doing this?

The removal of Truss after twitter was gearing up for a debacle was one such reaction

My company have just made available  $1.5m to our charitable Foundation available for Covid-19 to support vulnerable communities worldwide bringing total to $2m as $500K from the Foundation funds already.

Edited by Senrab_nhoj

2 hours ago, pipnasty said:

The government will take the laziest option, that is guaranteed

This is it 

A whole swathe of management structures in this country has been shown to be extremely timid 

Edited by smithdown

How can that possibly be justified? Our (the company I work for's) running costs have dropped like a very wet heavy thing since we've all been working at home. That is just nuts. Of all the things that didn't need money spending on them at this moment in time...

All in it together 

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

They’ll pop her out soon, now people are taking about her. Governing via twitter trending topics, has anyone else noticed them doing this?

She has literally reappeared this morning talking about PPE delivery. They are watching you Jarg.

5 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

If there are extra costs associated with running their constituency offices I'm not opposed to their expense limits being increased.

I struggle to think what extra expenses they'll incur given that they all have admin staff, a constituency office & a London office that are all already paid for.

15 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

All in it together 

She has literally reappeared this morning talking about PPE delivery. They are watching you Jarg.

I know these people. I’ve stopped pretending I can’t sense what they’re about to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

I struggle to think what extra expenses they'll incur given that they all have admin staff, a constituency office & a London office that are all already paid for.

Then involve proper oversight if funds are being diverted from running these offices but I would understand an increase in constituency work for instance because of hardships involved during these times.