Tosh

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, sammy & a said:

My Dad hasn’t made it in the end.

Thanks so much for giving me your all throughout my life Dad and thank you for loving your grandson so much. I’ll miss you and will love you forever.

So sorry to hear this sammy, take care 

I'm so sorry at your news Sammy. I hope you can take comfort from that your dad and your son did actually meet and love each other, the photos and memories will always be there.

Ahhhhh, sorry to hear your news Sammy. Thoughts are with you all at this horrible time.

Take care.

Edited by Bogman

3 hours ago, sammy & a said:

My Dad hasn’t made it in the end.

Thanks so much for giving me your all throughout my life Dad and thank you for loving your grandson so much. I’ll miss you and will love you forever.

Ah s*** I'm so sorry mate. You'll continue to be in my thoughts.

Thanks everyone for being so nice. It’s surprising how much it can lift you.

@Murphman that is one of the things that I am grateful for the most. Makes me sad but really happy at the same time.

My mum is a deep Born Again Christian and dealing with her is going to be difficult as even prior to my father becoming ill Her all consuming faith had seen her lose her grip on reality. She’s genuinely extremely smart, charismatic and dynamic but absolutely everything was about God and seen through the lens of an evangelical and I mean literally everything. Even though he has been dead for hours she is not accepting what the doctor has said and is questioning if the machine is on and praying for God to resurrect him. She didn’t embrace the facts of him being ill and was constantly telling everyone that Jesus was going to sort it. If any of the nurses said anything less than positive she blamed them and said it was false. I understand grief and not want to deal with things but this is rooted in her faith so I don’t see it passing.

I’m so worried that if she does accept the truth that she will crash spectacularly and she will also lash out at the amazing team who did their best to keep him alive and everyone else too like my partner for not being a Christian or me. Her faith should be a great tool but I’m terrified about where this is going to go.