By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

17 minutes ago, Romario said:

Is this because they’ll be able to deal with the lower amount of cases? I guess when restrictions are removed many in isolation will pick it up then right? But maybe in lesser numbers? 
I still can’t figure out how Scandinavian countries are doing so well without restrictions. 

You'd think so. Don't think they are arsed about anyone in particular dying, they just want the hospitals less overwhelmed and everyone else back at work.

21 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Wasn't it 1.5 million who were in the high risk category? If so, presuming that without a vaccine, the plan is to either kill them off or not allow them any real contact with the outside world. We know that the original 'herd immunity' plan is still going and that the plan was to kill a huge amount of people and, with that in mind,  I think that we all wish the architects of that plan our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Was gonna argue but actually, you do you.

Edited by Kvarme Ate My Food

27 minutes ago, Redwire said:

Ahh that’s interesting. I was watching the news about a week ago and it seemed like they were doing really well with really loose restrictions. 

4 hours ago, Bailo said:

I know it's kinda why you do the job but my doctor mate had to self-isolate (with 5yr old, wife, and dog) after shifts due to symptoms. 14 days were up on Saturday, straight back into night shifts. f***ing heroes the lot of you healthcare workers.

Fixed that for you...

1 hour ago, charlie clown said:

Your 'I know' is noted but it has to be said, or at least in my completely inexpert and uninformed view,  that it is really, really unlikely that he is in an NHS bed having NHS care with this. 

And whilst I get, and am grudgingly on board with, the 'I hope he recovers' stuff, it would be nice if he was forced to retire permanently from politics as a result.

The Times is saying he’s in St Thomas’s across the river, was taken in for oxygen treatment.

Not sure what a private facility could offer that an NHS one wouldn’t in these circumstances.  The market works against it.  

9 minutes ago, smithdown said:

The Times is saying he’s in St Thomas’s across the river, was taken in for oxygen treatment.

Not sure what a private facility could offer that an NHS one wouldn’t in these circumstances.  The market works against it.  

Security would be high on the list I imagine

13 minutes ago, kop205 said:

For basic human reasons or because you can't face the Candle in the Wind s***e that will come if he is 'martyred' or both of the above?

The former for me. Cannot stand the man but don't wish death on him. He has a pregnant partner too.

I'm not feeling sorry that he is suffering a bit though. I'm sure he is taking it on the chin.

1 minute ago, psl said:

The former for me. Cannot stand the man but don't wish death on him. He has a pregnant partner too.

I'm not feeling sorry that he is suffering a bit though. I'm sure he is taking it on the chin.

*chins

But yes, I agree with you. I don't want him to be Prime Minister, I don't want him to be dead. 

2 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

*chins

But yes, I agree with you. I don't want him to be Prime Minister, I don't want him to be dead. 

I just want a hatchet 

buried in his head

?

Just now, Swan Red said:

I'm not actively wanting him dead but I am going to find it very difficult to find any sympathy for him or give much of a f*** if he dies. 

Yeah, this is it - exactly how I feel

28 minutes ago, kop205 said:

For basic human reasons or because you can't face the Candle in the Wind s***e that will come if he is 'martyred' or both of the above?

Yeah both.

To be honest, I’ve done it myself but I’m no longer down with “I hate this person’s politics, I hope they die”. Even if that person’s politics are killing other people.

My best mate Ben just called up for a catch up. He has a heart condition and literally went through hell beating throat cancer a year ago, he's 65 and vulnerable because he's on Beta blockers. His 20 yer old daughter Charlie, a twin, is without doubt the most autistic child I have ever come across, she is a sweetie but severely disabled, one of the problems she loves people and will make a beeline for anybody she bumps into, social distancing is not in her understanding of the world. His two other daughters have come home from University, he has a full house now, they all get on great but you can see how the pressure is ramping up? His missus is a senior nurse at Wycombe General with special responsibility for administering drugs, blood transfusions, warfarin, all that kind of stuff.

She's just moved out of the house into a hotel until further notice, she simply cannot be treating patients on the front line then coming back to a house with vulnerable people. They see her when she drops shopping off and waves through the window, I can't imagine how Charlie reacts when she sees her mum and then she drives off.

and we think WE'RE having it tough?

1 minute ago, Murphman said:

and we think WE'RE having it tough?

No doubt your friends situation is horrendous but I kinda take issue with this. Sometimes it's better to allow yourself to feel like you are having a tough time than deny it by reference to others having a worse time. It can be tough for everyone while being tougher for others.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Yeah both.

To be honest, I’ve done it myself but I’m no longer down with “I hate this person’s politics, I hope they die”. Even if that person’s politics are killing other people.

Pretty much where I now am, plus SRs thing about not being able to muster any sympathy is he does go because he's clearly a really awful person.

Thatcher being dead still makes me happy, though she had more than long enough on this earth before slithering off to hell.

1 minute ago, Swan Red said:

No doubt your friends situation is horrendous but I kinda take issue with this. Sometimes it's better to allow yourself to feel like you are having a tough time than deny it by reference to others having a worse time. It can be tough for everyone while being tougher for others.

To be honest, I don't personally think I'm having a tough time, more an inconvenience which carries a big threat. I live by the coast in a house with a garden in an area with relatively few cases. It is tougher for most people I'd say, but I know how lucky I am. I posted this more as an example of some of the complications these events cause, as I know the family so well it obviously resonates more as to how much pain it is causing them.