Tosh

Coronavirus

On 02/04/2020 at 16:17, pipnasty said:

Who was it on here who was a fan of eugenics? Something about pills to 'cure' gay people

I wasn't far off - pills to stop people becoming one of 'the gays'

14 minutes ago, Gethin said:

A few countries - mostly in Scandinavia I think - have fine systems where it's a %age of your earnings. Decent way of doing it

Our local super rich guy got a 63 000€ speeding ticket a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LicK said:

Same outcome - if you're rich enough you get a couple of goes before the punishment becomes enough of a deterrent.

And if you’re fortunate enough to come from a stable home environment and don’t have psychological problems, why should you get the same sentence for violent crime as someone who was brought up dysfunctionally and in a violent environment ? 
it’s completely unfair  

The Tories, particularly Gove, could not be clearer that every death is our fault, every extra second in Lockdown in our fault, and ultimately, when the dust had long settled, this Govt handled things immaculately, without any errors of judgement at all, but us members of the public, their harshest critics, just couldn't be trusted to stay away from each other.

I for one will be looking in the mirror for a while. We all should.

5 minutes ago, Case said:

The Tories, particularly Gove, could not be clearer that every death is our fault, every extra second in Lockdown in our fault, and ultimately, when the dust had long settled, this Govt handled things immaculately, without any errors of judgement at all, but us members of the public, their harshest critics, just couldn't be trusted to stay away from each other.

I for one will be looking in the mirror for a while. We all should.

Mad that the Prime Minister got it then isn’t it 

1 hour ago, smithdown said:

Mad that the Prime Minister got it then isn’t it 

Aye.

IF he has, the lazy b*****d.

Weird journalist that Andrew Marr.  He’s just had Hancock on and it went a bit like this - 

“Herd immunity...even Trump said...”

”Never even heard of it.”

”The CMO said...”

”You can ask me a hundred times and I’ll keep saying the same thing.  And anyway I’m busy and besides again this isn’t the right time”

”You’re right.  I’ve pressed you once and that’s great.  Thanks for coming in, mate”

”See ya”

”T-ra!”

Edited by smithdown

They are being a clear as mud here.  You can do exercise in the park if you like but you can’t sunbathe in the park?

So if someone is doing sit-ups and it’s sunny out, is that not the same thing as someone taking 5 and lying down after a run?
Are they being purposely obtuse so they can blame the public when a total lockdown is needed? 

2 minutes ago, realtarragona said:

You don’t think you’re being slightly obtuse not seeing the clear difference between sunbathing and exercise? 

I probably am. But if someone goes to the park and lies out in the sun on their own for an hour I don’t have a problem with it. But others do. 

It's all deflection. Like PPE still not being in place for many front line workers. Answer?: Quote Numbers.

And Marr is crap.

19 minutes ago, Romario said:

I probably am. But if someone goes to the park and lies out in the sun on their own for an hour I don’t have a problem with it. But others do. 

Imagine if everyone did that though. 

Heard on the news earlier that they shut one of the local parks today as  there were 3000people in it yesterday (Brockwell, in Sth London)

today is a much nicer day  - I was out for a walk before 8 (damn my hips were stiff) and by 8.45 it was getting busy with runners, riders, buggies etc. On one hand I can’t blame people... but I’ve had a couple of nights of mad anxiety about it and seemingly every time I open my front door I hear a siren...

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Heard on the news earlier that they shut one of the local parks today as  there were 3000people in it yesterday (Brockwell, in Sth London)

today is a much nicer day  - I was out for a walk before 8 (damn my hips were stiff) and by 8.45 it was getting busy with runners, riders, buggies etc. On one hand I can’t blame people... but I’ve had a couple of nights of mad anxiety about it and seemingly every time I open my front door I hear a siren...

That's my kid brother's local park. As is pretty typical for London he lives in a flat with no garden access, so if he wants to get some fresh air that's where he'd go at the moment.

You've got to keep green spaces in urban environments open as much as possible. Yeah, sunbathing is taking the piss but move people on who are doing that and let the majority that aren't keep access to open spaces.

Poorer people are much more likely to be in overcrowded accommodation and less likely to have usable outside space, if distancing guidelines are adhered to I don't really see the problem in someone lying down in a park.

• Like 1

Most pictures/video I've seen of people in parks this weekend clearly show they're observing 2m distance wherever possible. Sunbathers, Aye, move them on if you have to, but even then they're nowhere near anyone else, really.

58 minutes ago, Gethin said:

That's my kid brother's local park. As is pretty typical for London he lives in a flat with no garden access, so if he wants to get some fresh air that's where he'd go at the moment.

You've got to keep green spaces in urban environments open as much as possible. Yeah, sunbathing is taking the piss but move people on who are doing that and let the majority that aren't keep access to open spaces.

Agree entirely -  keep moving/ exercising/ distancing and keeping your head sane is one thing.

picnic is sort of another, though the mental health and vitamin D hits are important too. Unfortunately, lots of people thinking the same thing at the same time and not so much space