Tosh

Coronavirus

16 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Could be a 'well done everybody lockdown is working so we are extending it for a further 2 weeks from the initial 3' type of thing. Maybe.

I reckon he might announce that he has realised what a t*** he is

19 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

All the best to you, hopefully only a mild/moderate case.

Thanks folks, I think it is relatively mild but she has been knocked for 6. She's not used to being sick so gets very frustrated, but this has really knocked her out.

1 hour ago, Bailo said:

Which union is that?

I do find the unions are run by some of the most tone deaf people on the planet. We got an email saying we should refuse to go in over Easter. I've been off work for one day less than two weeks, I don't mind going in over Easter if it helps some key workers.

NASUWT.

I think I've had it with them but not sure which one I'd join and I definitely want to be in one.

17 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Thanks folks, I think it is relatively mild but she has been knocked for 6. She's not used to being sick so gets very frustrated, but this has really knocked her out.

Hope she gets well soon mate

30 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Not great news this, look after yourselves

24 minutes ago, kop205 said:

NASUWT.

I think I've had it with them but not sure which one I'd join and I definitely want to be in one.

Not many choices really, can't say NEU have been great since the merger. As long as its not that bunch of c**** at Edapt. 

Well, looking at flights home.. can get one if I go GVA to LHR then LGW to Dublin then Dublin to Manchester.....

Think I might give that one a miss as I've taken medical advice from a friend and advise me that as I have had pneumonia, infrequent chest infections as a result and combined with my prior asthma I have been recommended to be very careful.

Think I may not be able to get home until June at this rate 😦

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

My wife definitely has it as far as we can tell. Because she works for the NHS, they're sending out a test. 

All the best for the family and hopefully it's negative.

14 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Well, looking at flights home.. can get one if I go GVA to LHR then LGW to Dublin then Dublin to Manchester.....

Think I might give that one a miss as I've taken medical advice from a friend and advise me that as I have had pneumonia, infrequent chest infections as a result and combined with my prior asthma I have been recommended to be very careful.

Think I may not be able to get home until June at this rate 😦

Can't you get the tube from LHR into London then train ? They are still operating. Be quicker than all those connections. 

2 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Can't you get the tube from LHR into London then train ? They are still operating. Be quicker than all those connections. 

Could also hire a car maybe?

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

Yep

It is probably a better option but was trying to avoid dat der london if possible, and the absurdity of the alternatives (probably quite rightly) available at the moment. 

Think I am going to hunker down here for the foreseeable

Just now, cymrococh said:

I'm not easily put off by things normally, but I can't imagine getting on a plane at the moment.

On the plus side there'd be no weirdos walking round in bare feet.

22 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Going into a public toilet in bare feet or socks in any scenario is beyond comprehension but loads seem to do it

This is maybe not the best thread to discuss that tho on reflection

Edited by Tommok

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

Just me in my socks :)

22 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Looking at that now as well

Ok so Europacar have let me book with free cancellation. Going to potentially fly to Cardiff pick up my step daughter who managed to get herself self isolated with her dad there and they will collect the car from Hoylake. 

Now to decide if I want to be flying at all or if the flights won't get cancelled.... 

I was thinking this morning about the collateral human impact, what about drug addicts? Subsistence sex workers? People in abusive relationships who are now stuck with their abuser 24 hours a day? 

While I'm sure the overall crime level will go down, I would not be at all surprised to see the murder rate start going up.

It's the burglars I feel sorry the most for, this has really hurt their business model 

I was thinking this morning about the collateral human impact, what about drug addicts? Subsistence sex workers? People in abusive relationships who are now stuck with their abuser 24 hours a day? 

While I'm sure the overall crime level will go down, I would not be at all surprised to see the murder rate start going up.

hope she's alright Sion.

Looking into the small biz loans over here for work - one of thee conditions:

Applicant does not present live performances of a prurient sexual nature or derive directly or indirectly more than de minimis gross revenue through the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of a prurient sexual nature.

7 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Looking into the small biz loans over here for work - one of thee conditions:

Guess that rules you out?

Edited by Tommok
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hassony said:

It's the burglars I feel sorry the most for, this has really hurt their business model 

Yep, this and the shoplifters are feeling it harder than most.