Tosh

Coronavirus

7 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I've just been eating textures for a week. I was betting with the mrs that I could eat a chunk out of a bar of soap and not spit it out.  She was more concerned about me wasting soap!! 

Oh come on. Give yourself a REAL challenge. Eat a pile of dog sh*t.

2 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Oh come on. Give yourself a REAL challenge. Eat a pile of dog sh*t.

Fox s*** is the real challenge

51 minutes ago, DazzlaJ said:

Fox s*** is the real challenge

I can’t confirm this, but I’ve heard that hyena sh*t is the worst.

1 minute ago, New York Red said:

But I won't eat that, no, no, no I wont eat that

32 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Not as bad as a Double Decker

4 hours ago, surf said:

yeah, how did he get 2/3 majority for that? madness

Same way they always do. The perfect mix of cowards and collaborators prepared to wave through whatever a dictator wants in exchange for reflected power and/or not being destroyed. 

the Trump administration has ruled that gun shops are considered essential businesses that should remain open as other businesses are closed to try to stop the spread of coronavirus, AP reports.

That's a relief

Hoping that the NRA types are so f***ing stupid they have it and it spreads like wildfire among them

4 hours ago, New York Red said:

The pastor who insisted on opening his church in Tampa over the weekend was arrested today.

Off to the gulag?

No doubt someone will file a suit claiming the loss of a constitutional right to freedom of religion or some other madness

My union wrote to me yesterday basically telling me that school staff shouldn't be asked to call vulnerable pupils to check they are ok. Nice.

5 minutes ago, kop205 said:

My union wrote to me yesterday basically telling me that school staff shouldn't be asked to call vulnerable pupils to check they are ok. Nice.

Which union is that?

I do find the unions are run by some of the most tone deaf people on the planet. We got an email saying we should refuse to go in over Easter. I've been off work for one day less than two weeks, I don't mind going in over Easter if it helps some key workers.

19 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Which union is that?

I do find the unions are run by some of the most tone deaf people on the planet. We got an email saying we should refuse to go in over Easter. I've been off work for one day less than two weeks, I don't mind going in over Easter if it helps some key workers.

Union Leaders and the Labour Party since the 90's. Not a coincidence.

8 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Johnson making a statement at 8.30 tonight

This indicates a major development does it?

1 minute ago, cymrococh said:

My wife definitely has it as far as we can tell. Because she works for the NHS, they're sending out a test. 

Hope she’s ok mate 

11 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

My wife definitely has it as far as we can tell. Because she works for the NHS, they're sending out a test. 

Hope she is OK and take care of yourselves. 

14 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

This indicates a major development does it?

It was a Sky News update which has disappeared - now it's a story about hosting a Cobra meeting

I was thinking this morning about the collateral human impact, what about drug addicts? Subsistence sex workers? People in abusive relationships who are now stuck with their abuser 24 hours a day? 

While I'm sure the overall crime level will go down, I would not be at all surprised to see the murder rate start going up.

Sion - obvious I know but make sure all three of you are safe and careful. It's going to be horrible with the little one in the mix but I'm sure you'll find a way through. 

4 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I was thinking this morning about the collateral human impact, what about drug addicts? Subsistence sex workers? People in abusive relationships who are now stuck with their abuser 24 hours a day? 

While I'm sure the overall crime level will go down, I would not be at all surprised to see the murder rate start going up.

Yeah, I was thinking about what will be the reality for a lot of people: being stuck in doors with a serial abuser for two weeks solid. Doesn't bear thinking about. There's going to be a lot of (horrible phrase) collateral damage arising from this thing. 

Edited by charlie clown

13 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

It was a Sky News update which has disappeared - now it's a story about hosting a Cobra meeting

Could be a 'well done everybody lockdown is working so we are extending it for a further 2 weeks from the initial 3' type of thing. Maybe.

30 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

All the best to you, hopefully only a mild/moderate case.

Looks like that email didn't go missing then.  They attended four meetings where the EU procurement schemes were discussed , first one in January before binning it.  Lying b*****ds.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/uk-discussed-joint-eu-plan-to-buy-covid-19-medical-supplies-say-officials?fbclid=IwAR1nep1L_luO8oX3BeNVB_sk7B-4cUaS22s_pKiytcV6Cm9ESP3ZlGim4_w