Tosh

Coronavirus

42 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

That’s what you say after you’ve bummed your dad.

My dad is dead

2 hours ago, pipnasty said:

Hopefully Netanhayu, Bolsanaro, Trump, Johnson and Putin all get it - apologies to any other c**** left off this list

2 hours ago, Hassony said:

Modi as well 

Putin really needs to step up to the plate here - he's starting to seem benign in the table of biggest c**** in the world

43 minutes ago, Swipe said:

The Spanish foreign minister says the upward curve in the country appears to be flattening out.

Do we believe foreign politicians by default in ways we don't our own? I mean that person is just their version of Dominic Raab.

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

This is not the saying by the way cc

Haha. Yes, I know. And now I feel like a properly thick c***. But I'm  going to leave it unedited as a monument to my own stupidity.

And as Redwire pointed out, the nice part of Warrington where I used to live is but a dim and distance memory now. We're not quite third world now but the house insurance jumped about ten tiers when we moved to what is as close to downtown Aleppo as Cheshire can offer.

Edited by charlie clown

9 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Putin really needs to step up to the plate here - he's starting to seem benign in the table of biggest c**** in the world

He's on the wrist for just being a massive c*** all the time

3 hours ago, pipnasty said:

We got in touch with our mortgage company 2 weeks ago and told them that we wanted a payment holiday thing - no problem, they said. Still took our f***ing money this month didn't they

Aye, Pip. Ours too. Though they did say 'if it's due in the next 14 days you may not be processed in time', or some such notice. Mind you, we only applied on Saturday. And it's due tomorrow. You might have been just a day or so late. Number of applications and that...

2 hours ago, Bailo said:

This deserved more

2 hours ago, Gethin said:

I'll admit, I was disappointed

I thought people were politely ignoring it because of the glaring error in the original post. 

3 hours ago, Redray said:

Thanks all for the kind messages.

I'd like to endorse those sentiments, must be a terrible time for you all, I hope she's ok.

12 minutes ago, McBain said:

Fewer recorded uk deaths in the latest 24 hour period than the previous 24 hours

159 today. What was it yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

159 today. What was it yesterday?

Last 3 days numbers as best I can tell, new cases are decreasing. 2885 to 2546 to 2433. And deaths 260 to 209 to 180

Need to double check but I think that's right

The 159 figure is England also not uk

Edited by McBain
Update

Yeah you're right. This is off BBC:

There is a glimmer of hope in these figures: had deaths continued to grow at that recent daily rate of roughly a third a day, we might have expected to see 350 new deaths on Sunday and 450 today.

Instead, we’ve seen slight falls: 260 new deaths on Saturday, 209 on Sunday and a further fall to 180 today. But we shouldn’t get carried away too soon: last week’s Sunday-into-Monday figures also showed slight dips on the previous Saturday. But by Tuesday, they resumed the upward march.

It’s still too soon to know whether this is a real ray of hope, a blip caused by different working practices at the weekend or some mixture of the two.

Orban has taken the opportunity presented by the virus to basically create a dicatorship in Hungary. Which will end well I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

Maybe the homeless are a third world within the first world. I’m not sure you can point to a town like Runcorn or wherever and say it’s third world. There’s a basic functioning infrastructure, libraries, piped water, access to education, no child labour, and all the rest that I’m too lazy to list. 

3 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

That’s what you say after you’ve bummed your dad.

Not on board with this tonal shift.

15 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Orban has taken the opportunity presented by the virus to basically create a dicatorship in Hungary. Which will end well I'm sure.

Belarus might no longer exist after this thing. Lukashenko is a f***ing psychopath. 

47 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Not on board with this tonal shift.

And with hindsight, Runcorn is probably fourth or fifth world - so my bad and all that

A Daily Mirror ‘journalist’ had one question at tonight’s UK presser and asked if the government would back their campaign to give NHS staff a medal.

Good grief. 

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

Belarus might no longer exist after this thing. Lukashenko is a f***ing psychopath. 

c*** will just lie about figures anyway, so it'll appear that they had few cases - like Russia right now

4 minutes ago, Hus said:

Would you mind sharing the article?

Tis behind a paywall.

Ah soz.

It's about a pharmaceutical firm in the US who reckon they'll have a vaccine ready to go early next year. Well ahead of initial suggestions. Will try and paste.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Ah soz.

It's about a pharmaceutical firm in the US who reckon they'll have a vaccine ready to go early next year. Well ahead of initial suggestions. Will try and paste.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Also heard a Doctor from Oxford talking about a potential vaccine, apparently the one they're working on has got funding and is progressing to the next phase of trials.

2 hours ago, stressederic said:

yeah, how did he get 2/3 majority for that? madness