Tosh

Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

No idea mate, I'm trying to read very little as my anxiety's bad enough as is and basically relying on the sensible people in here to filter out the sh*t for me.

My wife's got symptoms you would normally call a bad cold, no persistent cough or breathlessness, but sore throat, runny nose and fatigue. I've got a runny nose and it feels like someone is tightening a belt around my chest, but bizarrely no breathlessness. I have been doing a fair amount of physical work the last few days, so I'm hoping I've just pulled some muscles in my chest.

Doesn't sound like Covid-19 mate. A cold with some anxiety chucked it?

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Should have known the Germans would sort it eventually.

Oh and hope you’re mum is doing okay, Ray. 

Likewise B

his name isn't actually Ray

is your name Swipe? that would be pretty cool actually. And 'Ray's' real name is pretty cool imo - it's a name that carries authority

but it's up to him if he wants to share it

2 minutes ago, Molby said:

Likewise B

is your name Swipe? that would be pretty cool actually. And 'Ray's' real name is pretty cool imo - it's a name that carries authority

I actually thought that when posting but my hands are so sore from washing them I was too lazy to go back and write out Redray in full. 

Swipe is the worst name on here, I’d say. Really rubbish. My real name isn’t particularly cool but it’s not as rubbish. 

45 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

No idea mate, I'm trying to read very little as my anxiety's bad enough as is and basically relying on the sensible people in here to filter out the sh*t for me.

My wife's got symptoms you would normally call a bad cold, no persistent cough or breathlessness, but sore throat, runny nose and fatigue. I've got a runny nose and it feels like someone is tightening a belt around my chest, but bizarrely no breathlessness. I have been doing a fair amount of physical work the last few days, so I'm hoping I've just pulled some muscles in my chest.

I’ve pulled one of my lats somehow. I think whilst I was asleep.

bit disturbing as every time I twinge it it feels like I’m winded. I’ve have to consciously relax before I can breathe again. Miss Talbot doesn’t like it at all... 

10 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I actually thought that when posting but my hands are so sore from washing them I was too lazy to go back and write out Redray in full. 

Swipe is the worst name on here, I’d say. Really rubbish. My real name isn’t particularly cool but it’s not as rubbish. 

You could change your username. How about Swipe left ;)

We got in touch with our mortgage company 2 weeks ago and told them that we wanted a payment holiday thing - no problem, they said. Still took our f***ing money this month didn't they

18 minutes ago, Swipe said:

On the sore hands thing, bone dry from washing them so much? A bog standard moisturiser mixed with a bit of vaseline is a good remedy for that. Have had the same thing, knuckles and backs of hands like a f***ing leper. This mix applied overnight helps loads.

4 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

On the sore hands thing, bone dry from washing them so much? A bog standard moisturiser mixed with a bit of vaseline is a good remedy for that. Have had the same thing, knuckles and backs of hands like a f***ing leper. This mix applied overnight helps loads.

So sore mate. Red raw below the knuckles. My wife keeps shouting at me to use the moisturiser so gonna have to make sure I do. Might do it overnight like you say. Wake up with my famously soft skin again. 

24 minutes ago, Swipe said:

my hands are so sore from washing them

Glad it's not just me - I feel a real wuss for moaning about it but I can almost feel eczema creeping nearer and nearer with every day that passes. I'm going through E45 like there's no tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Tosh said:

You could change your username. How about Swipe left ;)

Haha. I don’t think I’m a big enough deal here to survive a name change tbh. 

1 minute ago, charlie clown said:

Glad it's not just me - I feel a real wuss for moaning about it but I can almost feel eczema creeping nearer and nearer with every day that passes. I'm going through E45 like there's no tomorrow.

Proper sore innit? Gave my daughter a bath last night and submerging my hands was like putting them in acid.

I'm the same. Had a little patch of excema on my fingers since i was a pot wash aged 15, it is really bothering me at the minute.

Yeah my hands have aged about 100 years in the last week. I can live with it though!

1 hour ago, cymrococh said:

it feels like someone is tightening a belt around my chest, but bizarrely no breathlessness. 

This is what I have had for the past few days. When I go walking or have a lengthy conversation I get a little out of breath. Nothing major but I havent had this kind of feeling before. I also suffer from anxiety so it could be down to that.  

Yeah your hands are going to start drying out if you start washing them more than normal, found that when we first started having a commercial kitchen.

Any moisturiser will help but really depends on your skin type on how effective they are. Neutrogena works really well for me but my wife reacts really badly to it. Even Nivea or E45 cream will help if you've got it kicking around

It's not helping mine that because of other activities not being an option we are currently spending time renovating a bedroom in our house - and I've spent a lot of time this weekend sanding down woodwork etc. and cleaning it up afterwards with white spirit. My hands were already a mess with all the washing etc. but now they feel really rough and really dried out as well as really sore. Third world problems etc. but still, it's not nice. 

Just now, muleskinner said:

Some of the women wear gloves overnight when moisturizing their hands don't they?

"Some of the women" made me laugh :)

• Like 1

Just now, Molby said:

Likewise B

Thanks all for the kind messages.

Was trying to remember why I chose the name redray and can't for life of me remember why I chose it.  Weird.

I think your name is really cool G.  Actually its so cool I might be a bit jealous of it.

This letter from the German Microbiologist to Merkel has some thought provoking stuff in it.  https://swprs.org/open-letter-from-professor-sucharit-bhakdi-to-german-chancellor-dr-angela-merkel/

8 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Some of the women wear gloves overnight when moisturizing their hands don't they?

And some of the men. There's nothing abnormal about heading off to bed clutching a tub of vaseline and a pair of marigolds. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

You spying on my missus? Some nights I can't get 'The Len Ganley Stance' out of my head when she putting the white, cotton gloves on! 

Just now, MarkD said:

You spying on my missus? Some nights I can't get 'The Len Ganley Stance' out of my head when she putting the white, cotton gloves on! 

😶

Just how often are you lads washing your hands now you're not going anywhere? 

Since I've been working from home I've hardly bothered more than the usual visits to the bog and before meals. Oh and if pick the post up from in the porch as the postie seems to lazy/sensible to touch our metal letter box.