Tosh

Coronavirus

49 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Some mad c*nt in our village tried to get a Clap For Boris going today.

In f***ing West Wales? f***s sake.

4 minutes ago, Gethin said:

In f***ing West Wales? f***s sake.

I don't know exactly who it is. but they run the Facebook account for the Village Hall.

South Pembrokeshire is full of rich tories who've retired here from England.

29 minutes ago, Begbie said:

What would that involve vs now? No exercise?

No outdoor exercise - we've had a lovely mild week and people have been taking the piss.

21 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I don't know exactly who it is. but they run the Facebook account for the Village Hall.

South Pembrokeshire is full of rich tories who've retired here from England.

My condolences. Mind you we've got a ton of Brexit loons round here I suppose

1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

No outdoor exercise - we've had a lovely mild week and people have been taking the piss.

Coastal path entrance at the end of our road had about ten cars parked the other day when it was nice cos apparently you need to drive to where you do your exercise.

Today and yesterday it’s been about 10 degrees and windy and there’s no cars. Maybe we just need it to piss down.

22 minutes ago, Gerry said:

Belarus seem to be taking this really seriously.

Yep, later today he will tell the tide not to come in:

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has laughed off the suggestion that his country should try to stem the spread of the coronavirus, because he can't see the virus "flying around".

Speaking to a TV reporter at an indoor ice hockey match, he also claimed that crowds at the match were fine because the coldness of the stadium would prevent the virus from spreading. 

There is no evidence that this could be the case and the coronavirus cannot be seen with the naked eye.

Unlike most of Europe, Belarus has not placed any restrictions on sports events.

"There are no viruses here," Mr Lukashenko said. "You haven't seen them flying around, have you? I don't see them either! This is a fridge. Sport, particularly the ice, this fridge here, that's the best antiviral cure!”

14 minutes ago, Redray said:

Absolutely s***ting myself.

You have family there Ray?

Just now, Dan said:

You have family there Ray?

Mum.  Stuck out there.

She's in a large house with my cousin with running water etc. and will hopefully be fine.  But we know people who are not and are probably going to die. Heartbreaking.

3 minutes ago, Redray said:

Mum.  Stuck out there.

She's in a large house with my cousin with running water etc. and will hopefully be fine.  But we know people who are not and are probably going to die. Heartbreaking.

s***. Been reading about the mass exodus from the cities as well by migrant workers who are dying just walking home.

Hope your family get through it mate.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

s***. Been reading about the mass exodus from the cities as well by migrant workers who are dying just walking home.

Hope your family get through it mate.

Thanks mate

11 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

Coastal path entrance at the end of our road had about ten cars parked the other day when it was nice cos apparently you need to drive to where you do your exercise.

Today and yesterday it’s been about 10 degrees and windy and there’s no cars. Maybe we just need it to piss down.

Still sunny down here but several degrees cooler and noticeably fewer people out.

51 minutes ago, Redray said:

Mum.  Stuck out there.

f***. Hope they're alright

15 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Cummings didn't leg it soon enough

The devil take the hindmost

19 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Cummings didn't leg it soon enough

Urrrgh, I don't want it if *he's* got it.

15 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Check them out with their 'sensible solutions', 1 pandemic and 2 world wars.

Is there any possible reason other than economic that other countries haven't done what Germany have done?

I did see someone suggesting that Germany's low figures are partially down to only taking C19 as the reason for death if it is the main reason on the death cert or something, rather than every person who has died and been positively tested for it.

No idea mate, I'm trying to read very little as my anxiety's bad enough as is and basically relying on the sensible people in here to filter out the sh*t for me.

My wife's got symptoms you would normally call a bad cold, no persistent cough or breathlessness, but sore throat, runny nose and fatigue. I've got a runny nose and it feels like someone is tightening a belt around my chest, but bizarrely no breathlessness. I have been doing a fair amount of physical work the last few days, so I'm hoping I've just pulled some muscles in my chest.