Tosh

Coronavirus

My alcohol consumption is at fairly mad levels right now. The methods I used to use before to limit it are all down the pan

another one who I hope gets it & perishes

Jair Bolsonaro has reportedly told his health minister he will sack him if he dares criticise his handling of the coronavirus crisis in Latin America’s biggest economy.

According to a report in the Estado de São Paulo newspaper, the Brazilian president’s warning came during a top-level meeting on Saturday as the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the country rose to more than 3,900 and the death toll hit 114.

The health minister, Luiz Henrique Mandetta, reportedly informed Brazil’s far-right leader he would have no choice but to publicly criticise him if he insisted on going out in public despite warnings to stay indoors.

“Bolsonaro replied that, if he did so, he would fire him,” the conservative newspaper reported, citing anonymous sources.

Bolsonaro’s downplaying of coronavirus – and his public call for Brazil to relax quarantine measures and get back to work – have appalled critics and many citizens, sparking nightly pot-banging protests in major cities.

On Friday, the president shrugged his shoulders at the likely fatalities, telling an interviewer: “Some will die. I’m sorry. That’s life.”

14 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

jebus - you're the only one then

Everything in Thailand being looked after? You're not going to go back to rotting food or anything & stuff?

A colleague of Claire's is housesitting for us, so it should be fine on that front. We're going to go back to some f***ing sky-high kennel bills for the dog mind. Whenever that is. 

Notwithstanding it's a shocking time to be in Chiang Mai anyway. They're burning the forests more than ever and the PM2.5 reading yesterday hit 999 and only stopped there because the monitoring tools only have 3 digits. Mountain overlooking Chiang Mai looked like this:

c1_1887715_620x413.jpg

Same as every year. Slash and burn on the crops is cheaper than employing workers to plough them and the fires uncover mushrooms in the jungle that big grocery companies can subsequently sell. And the government does f*** all about it because the usual reasons. 

1 hour ago, McBain said:

My alcohol consumption is at fairly mad levels right now. The methods I used to use before to limit it are all down the pan

Taking away having to be up early and at work looking presentable as a limiting factor was always going to a problem for a lot of people I think.

I'm actually drinking less,  despite having a shed full of beer. I tend to drink most when I've people around and/or I have smoke.  Both of these arent really available at the moment

15 minutes ago, Gilps said:

Taking away having to be up early and at work looking presentable as a limiting factor was always going to a problem for a lot of people I think.

Very true

But I work in a hospital so I really cant hide behind that 

1 hour ago, jimbolala said:

I'm actually drinking less,  despite having a shed full of beer. I tend to drink most when I've people around and/or I have smoke.  Both of these arent really available at the moment

Haven't had a drink in ages. Doesn't feel much point with no football on and no mates to meet up with.

The HSE in Ireland today said that while it was impossible to know when this will reach it's peak in the country, they have to prepare for the worst case scenario, and they're planning for it happening between April 10-14.

They also said a 'contact tracing app' is being rolled out in the next 10 days that would alert people when someone close to them has the virus.

Edited by Swipe

3 hours ago, Stevie H said:

Edited by Raj
Ignore. Seen your response

15 minutes ago, Swipe said:

The HSE in Ireland today said that while it was impossible to know when this will reach it's peak in the country, they have to prepare for the worst case scenario, and they're planning for it happening between April 10-14.

They also said a 'contact tracing app' is being rolled out in the next 10 days that would alert people when someone close to them has the virus.

Our trust is advising staff the projected peak as April 12th

6 minutes ago, McBain said:

Our trust is advising staff the projected peak as April 12th

So things could get better after that? 

19 minutes ago, Swipe said:

So things could get better after that? 

That's how I'm interpreting it. It's based on government advice and we're basing our staffing and supply models on it. But it may yet change/worsen/improve 

5 minutes ago, McBain said:

That's how I'm interpreting it. It's based on government advice and we're basing our staffing and supply models on it. But it may yet change/worsen/improve 

Some light at the end of the tunnel would be nice.

1 minute ago, cymrococh said:

Some mad c*nt in our village tried to get a Clap For Boris going today.

He doesn’t need it, the philandering tw*t has probably already got the clap .

4 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Some mad c*nt in our village tried to get a Clap For Boris going today.

Saw Facebook posts for it yesterday

1 hour ago, Earl Hafler said:

I think we ( the UK) will be in full lockdown in a few days.

What would that involve vs now? No exercise?

Just now, Begbie said:

What would that involve vs now? No exercise?

Imagine public transport would be shut down, not allowed out at all (food?), no post etc

5 hours ago, McBain said:

I'm swerving it now for a week. Too often I'm reaching for the bottle

Just now, Bailo said:

Imagine public transport would be shut down, not allowed out at all (food?), no post etc

How do key workers get to work without it?

Hopefully they don't close the parks. That’d be a big deal for me. 

On 28/03/2020 at 17:32, Tosh said:

I came across this about this time yesterday and they had £80k

A couple of hours ago, it was double that at 160. Since then, the donations have skyrocketed but not the number of donors. So someone has pledged a large sum. Shameful they have to do this but great that clapping has been converted into “give us your money”

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/masks4nhsheroes

Looks like it might have been James McAvoy.

11 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I'm swerving it now for a week. Too often I'm reaching for the bottle

You'd always be allowed out for food.

I wonder whether it will be only allowed out in pairs from same household for exercise rather than whole families.

Edited by Dan