Jump to content
Tosh

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Jonesy said:

There will be antibody tests that you can have. It will tell if you have/haven't had it. 

 

I'm going to get one in a few weeks.  I still have no sense of smell or taste. 

Quaffing 'stacks of beer' (@Gethin, TM) is a real waste in that case. Get one of your empty cans, put diluted Robinson's mango in it and drink and redrink that can of 'beer' for ever.

You're welcome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ChrisC said:


They’ve closed cinemas again on the mainland after more outbreaks, plenty more articles circulating about local governments covering up the actual state of recovery and people deliberately not being tested. All a big face saving exercise over there now since the original f***-ups.

Yes, absolutely no defending China but the briefing from the UK is now clear - it's not our fault, its theirs 

21 minutes ago, ChrisC said:


They’ve closed cinemas again on the mainland after more outbreaks, plenty more articles circulating about local governments covering up the actual state of recovery and people deliberately not being tested. All a big face saving exercise over there now since the original f***-ups.

Yes, absolutely no defending China but the briefing from the UK is now clear - it's not our fault, its theirs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bailo said:

Because China apparently 

It's difficult enough dealing with this situation and trying to keep your head straight without the government of c**** continuing to lie and spin their way around this. I'm sure constant anger isn't good for your immune system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

It's difficult enough dealing with this situation and trying to keep your head straight without the government of c**** continuing to lie and spin their way around this. I'm sure constant anger isn't good for your immune system. 

Quite. I'm generally just avoiding the news but I'm constantly reminded of it by a bluenose Tory "mate" who keeps cheerleading Johnson and his chums and getting increasingly more racist with his insistence in calling it The China Virus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, psl said:

What have they said about China?

Tory press is awash with Its your fault style headlines today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bailo said:

Tory press is awash with Its your fault style headlines today

Oh ok. I wondered if someone had made a Trump like statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to this last night. 40 mins in to this program there is a very stark account of a fit and healthy chap called Matts’ journey through COVID-19. He talks not only of his symptoms, but what he was thinking of whilst in hospital, his fears and regrets. It should serve as a huge reminder what we need to do to pull out of this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000gvg9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Michel Barnier is getting the blame for infecting the government in the heil

I can't handle this Fox News style spinning at this point, it's going to tip me over the edge. Johnson literally admitted going to a hospital and shaking hands with everybody. Stop telling people to disbelieve the evidence of their own eyes and ears you c*nts. 

Edit: not you muleskinner.

Edited by Stevie H
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

I actually think that’s quite funny.

I laughed too, its pure parody on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

I can't handle this Fox News style spinning at this point, it's going to tip me over the edge. Johnson literally admitted going to a hospital and shaking hands with everybody. Stop telling people to disbelieve the evidence of their own eyes and ears you c*nts. 

Edit: not you muleskinner.

Was made to watch some of the Cummings doc on the iplayer but got infuriated by people calling him a genius when his main skill seems to be just lying about what has been said and done

 

Genius isn’t just going “say we didn’t do herd immunity just say it’s the EU” and then running away holding your satchel with your gak in it out the back gate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Was made to watch some of the Cummings doc on the iplayer but got infuriated by people calling him a genius when his main skill seems to be just lying about what has been said and done

 

Genius isn’t just going “say we didn’t do herd immunity just say it’s the EU” and then running away holding your satchel with your gak in it out the back gate 

No, it's The Thick of It. But with real bloody world outcomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Italy and Spain seem to be cautiously optimistic that they are coming through the peak of infection and deaths.

Good to have you back

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bailo said:

Because China apparently 

Typical neoliberals - spend more time making up excuses than actually doing the job they are paid for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Italy and Spain seem to be cautiously optimistic that they are coming through the peak of infection and deaths.

Where have you seen this mate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redray said:

Where have you seen this mate? 

Couple of places, altho Spsin death rate went up again they think it had peaked in a lot of areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stevie H said:

It's difficult enough dealing with this situation and trying to keep your head straight without the government of c**** continuing to lie and spin their way around this. I'm sure constant anger isn't good for your immune system. 

still 'stuck' in the UK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From BTL in the Guardian

Hate to point out the obvious, but UK has not embarked on the testing campaign because it would rapidly become apparent that we do not have the capacity. That would then lead to awkward questions about the wisdom of running down a country’s health service. 

Far better to divert with Dunkirk, mass volunteer campaigns and hand clapping nonsense. Meanwhile our loved ones that work in the NHS are being sent like lambs to the slaughter without protective gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

still 'stuck' in the UK?

For the foreseeable. I'd be surprised if we can get back to Thailand any sooner than about mid-June at this point. Planes won't be flying, Thailand will still be in quarantine lockdown. I'm doing very well on the not drinking to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

For the foreseeable. I'd be surprised if we can get back to Thailand any sooner than about mid-June at this point. Planes won't be flying, Thailand will still be in quarantine lockdown. I'm doing very well on the not drinking to be honest.

 

20 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

For the foreseeable. I'd be surprised if we can get back to Thailand any sooner than about mid-June at this point. Planes won't be flying, Thailand will still be in quarantine lockdown. I'm doing very well on the not drinking to be honest.

jebus - you're the only one then

Everything in Thailand being looked after? You're not going to go back to rotting food or anything & stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...