Tosh

Coronavirus

13 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

defo - I've had a dry cough all week, and slight chest tension; I suffer from nothing, no asthma no allergies or anything. I'm still doing the usual stuff, still running.

Am I going to get tested? No. Because the symptoms aren't severe enough to warrant it. Do I have it? Probably not, I'll likely never know. 

You shouldn't be running if you have a dry cough.

30 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Cos they want a supermarket delivery - I know, crazy isn't it? The MIL (who is 79) has said that she will go to the supermarket herself if she has to. 

That would do my head in.

56 minutes ago, psl said:

Why won't they take it in? That's taking being stubborn to a crazy levels.

Pip

my MiL got an email from Waitrose this morning. She’s bought wine from them in the past and so had to verify her age. Email said you’re old/vulnerable so have priority booking for slots. So she has a delivery for April 2, about 10 days sooner than she could otherwise get.

so if yours are pissheads like mine, they may be in luck 

2 hours ago, Bailo said:

What time was that?

Around 3pm. It seems the later you go the less busy it is. Also if you need provisions, the big Sainsbury in Shirley is by far the best stocked in the whole of Solihull.

I came across this about this time yesterday and they had £80k

A couple of hours ago, it was double that at 160. Since then, the donations have skyrocketed but not the number of donors. So someone has pledged a large sum. Shameful they have to do this but great that clapping has been converted into “give us your money”

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/masks4nhsheroes

46 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I came across this about this time yesterday and they had £80k

A couple of hours ago, it was double that at 160. Since then, the donations have skyrocketed but not the number of donors. So someone has pledged a large sum. Shameful they have to do this but great that clapping has been converted into “give us your money”

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/masks4nhsheroes

Wow 420k now 

59 minutes ago, Michael said:

Shirley is by far the best stocked in the whole of Solihull.

You can't be serious

1 hour ago, Tosh said:

Pip

my MiL got an email from Waitrose this morning. She’s bought wine from them in the past and so had to verify her age. Email said you’re old/vulnerable so have priority booking for slots. So she has a delivery for April 2, about 10 days sooner than she could otherwise get.

so if yours are pissheads like mine, they may be in luck 

Cheers - will give that a go

2 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

defo - I've had a dry cough all week, and slight chest tension; I suffer from nothing, no asthma no allergies or anything. I'm still doing the usual stuff, still running.

Am I going to get tested? No. Because the symptoms aren't severe enough to warrant it. Do I have it? Probably not, I'll likely never know. 

There will be antibody tests that you can have. It will tell if you have/haven't had it. 

I'm going to get one in a few weeks.  I still have no sense of smell or taste. 

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Around 3pm. It seems the later you go the less busy it is. Also if you need provisions, the big Sainsbury in Shirley is by far the best stocked in the whole of Solihull.

Ah cool, tried the big new one in Selly Oak and it was OK (other than the way too close people) but Shirley isn't far away from me either

Said the 20,000 figure again today.

"If we can keep deaths below 20,000 we will have done very well in this epidemic," 

I'm hoping they are going high with the figures to scare people in to complying with lockdown. Right?

7 minutes ago, psl said:

Said the 20,000 figure again today.

"If we can keep deaths below 20,000 we will have done very well in this epidemic," 

I'm hoping they are going high with the figures to scare people in to complying with lockdown. Right?

A bad flu season kills 17k apaz.

so 20k would be a result. Tragic as it is in every case.

1 hour ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

A bad flu season kills 17k apaz.

so 20k would be a result. Tragic as it is in every case.

I think I'm glad they don't release daily death figures for flu.

Sweden are barely in lockdown compared to the rest of Europe and their immediate neighbours. Not sure what to make of that.

9 hours ago, Stevie H said:

Ooh which album? 

Calling all Stations.

Nah. Foxtrot, really.

21 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Sweden are barely in lockdown compared to the rest of Europe and their immediate neighbours. Not sure what to make of that.

I do hope that the Swedes have nicknamed it Water'flu.

8 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

105k in the US alone now

My prediction of 250k by next Thursday is woefully optimistic

120k in the USA now, 250k by monday f***ing morning

15 hours ago, sammy & a said:

On dialysis as well now as it attacked his kidneys but but but, they put him in the prone position and it is the first time he has responded to anything and a downward trend has been reversed. They’re going to try him again on his back.

Thanks for checking ☺️

Cracking news. Very happy for your Dad and you. Take care.

On 27/03/2020 at 17:39, jimbolala said:

Because I would like to see the comparison between the number of normal deaths and what is happening now.  Flu deaths are deemed normal  thus the use of the term

Some top-line stats:

At this time of year, there are usually c. 1400 deaths per day in the UK, of which c. 200 are respiratory-related (COPD, pneumonia, flu etc)

So Covid-19 fatalities yesterday were c.260 officially recorded, meaning it's already greater than the total of all respiratory-related deaths would normally be, and rising sharply. The full mortality stats (i.e. including other causes of death) for this week won't be out from the ONS for another 2 weeks, but suffice to say there are good reasons for all the extreme measures being taken over Covid-19 so far.

• Like 1

Groups of more than four people banned from tonight here (Hong Kong). Been a few arrests of a*******s going out who were meant to be in isolation, some silly cow even had her isolation wristband still on and went out to a restaurant. :banghead:

26 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Tighter restrictions on the way by the sounds of it. 

Because China apparently 

18 minutes ago, Bailo said:

Because China apparently 

They’ve closed cinemas again on the mainland after more outbreaks, plenty more articles circulating about local governments covering up the actual state of recovery and people deliberately not being tested. All a big face saving exercise over there now since the original f***-ups.