Tosh

Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Is there any split of the deaths so far by age group available?

32 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

IOC insisting the Olympics are happening on schedule.

Bunch of c**** they are. I'd put good money on them being canceled, right now.

Tokyo Marathon - 1 March, was canceled on 17 Feb. Obviously that's nowhere near as massive as the Olympics but it's all we really have to go off right now in terms of major canceled event. 

Due to start 24 July, so I reckon they can sit it out till early May - they're already saying they can push them to late 2020 if necessary.

In more important news, looks like I have to self-quarantine for 2w once my wife returns from Milan. Then in 2w she goes back, so assuming I'm not dead, I can go back for a week & will probably have to repeat.

Stupid virus

1 hour ago, pipnasty said:

Is this a new thing? They were saying 3.4% in early Feb, weren't they? 

The figures I have seen on the BBC suggest a 15% mortality rate for 80 years and above (with underlying health problems), a 0.4% rate for age group 40 to 50 (with underlying health problems) and 0% for 0 to 9 age group.

Very specific targeting virus. Great news for all the other age groups

The way they're cancelling flights now you'll be on your Larry and she'll be enjoying Milan for a while.

I went through Logan yesterday and the International terminal was deserted.

My work have quite sensibly put up posters of n all the public wash areas advising hand washing and to use the sanitisers provided. I felt obliged to tell them we didn't have any sanitisers and they would have no chance whatsoever of bulk ordering any now. Muppets.

3 hours ago, StevieC said:

The way they're cancelling flights now you'll be on your Larry and she'll be enjoying Milan for a while.

I went through Logan yesterday and the International terminal was deserted.

she's flying back from Paris on Thurs/Fri

38 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Iran have let 54k prisoners out on temporary leave.

"Back a week on Friday, yeah?" 

1 hour ago, muleskinner said:

Iran have let 54k prisoners out on temporary leave.

this is fiendishly clever 

1 minute ago, pipnasty said:

I'm waiting for the first banter based community transition - giving it to somebody else for a laugh. Classic

If I get it I'm going down the Conservative Club and every golf club I can find and sneezing all over the Tory c****.

My daughter's scheduled exchange visit from a school in Nantes has been cancelled, they were due to come to us in three weeks. Doesnt feel proportionate to me, but what do I know.

Sky: Italian sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora says the country's government is likely to order all Serie A football matches to be played behind closed doors due to the Coronavirus outbreak

4 hours ago, Tosh said:

Milan, you say...

Got to be b******s that?

I suppose the virus is good for carbon emissions though......

2 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Got to be b******s that?

Not at 1 plane per person

the opposite - just means there will be about 300 times as many flights as normal

55 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Got to be b******s that?

I am guessing they put the passengers at the front for weight distribution or some such, allowing for such a shot.

On 02/03/2020 at 09:33, Stevie H said:

Was quite surprised to fly from Thailand to Qatar to Manchester last night and not see any screening or checks at all in the airports. Also still amazed at the number of minging gets who go the toilet and still don't wash their hands before leaving the gents. 

The screening doesn't really work though due to the longer incubation period I thought

5 minutes ago, mofus77 said:

The screening doesn't really work though due to the longer incubation period I thought

No, but they could pick up on people with fever, very high temperatures, people sneezing their arses off etc. Was surprised to see just nothing at all. In Thailand this week they've been turning people away from bloody Makro for having a high temperature.