Tosh

Coronavirus

12 hours ago, DazzlaJ said:

First time tonight the alcohol shelves were empty in Sainsburys.

Woke up with a migraine this morning, feeling week, fearing the worst.  Big dose of paracetamol and a long sleep seem to have cured it thankfully.

12 hours ago, psl said:

Had a headache and earache for 2 days  non-stop but no temperature and no coughing so assuming it's not something to worry about. Reluctant to use what paracetomol I do have though!

What I still can't figure out is why lockdown in Italy is having so little effect. A tiny drop in new infections today but nearly 1000 dead in 24 hours. Its absolutely horrific.

My dad felt ill on the Saturday, then recovered and went to church on Sunday and the was hospitalised on Monday so maybe keep an eye on it.

We’re all obviously hyper-aware and people are still getting ill from other stuff.

When I was in A+E there was a woman there in a neck and back brace and it reminded me that there was other stuff going on and I started to worry that everyone wasn’t going to get what they needed as there was so much stress in the system. Can you imagine if this was in the depths of winter

10 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

On dialysis as well now as it attacked his kidneys but but but, they put him in the prone position and it is the first time he has responded to anything and a downward trend has been reversed. They’re going to try him again on his back.

Thanks for checking ☺️

Hope that continues.

9 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

My dad felt ill on the Saturday, then recovered and went to church on Sunday and the was hospitalised on Monday so maybe keep an eye on it.

We’re all obviously hyper-aware and people are still getting ill from other stuff.

When I was in A+E there was a woman there in a neck and back brace and it reminded me that there was other stuff going on and I started to worry that everyone wasn’t going to get what they needed as there was so much stress in the system. Can you imagine if this was in the depths of winter

Thanks mate. Feeling ok today. As you say, think I'm just paying particular attention to stuff I wouldn't normally think twice about because the wife is nearing the end of the pregnancy.

I've been thinking a lot about your dad. Glad to hear of some improvement. It's funny how we are a proper community on here. Not sure how long I've been coming in here but it was definitely before Istanbul so nearly 15 years. Should definitely be a big, proper meet up after all this.

16 minutes ago, psl said:

Thanks mate. Feeling ok today. As you say, think I'm just paying particular attention to stuff I wouldn't normally think twice about because the wife is nearing the end of the pregnancy.

I've been thinking a lot about your dad. Glad to hear of some improvement. It's funny how we are a proper community on here. Not sure how long I've been coming in here but it was definitely before Istanbul so nearly 15 years. Should definitely be a big, proper meet up after all this.

I’m yet to see any science debunk the theory that Swan Red’s thread about meeting was the catalyst for the worsening of all this.

15 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

I’m yet to see any science debunk the theory that Swan Red’s thread about meeting was the catalyst for the worsening of all this.

Sending a big virtual hug and I promise not to try and meet you again.

56 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

How do we convert what feels to be an increasing civic mindedness into a new society. 
There is definitely a spike in appreciation for working class jobs and public services. 

I’ve long had this theory that Ms Rabbit in Peppa Pig represented the crucial, overworked and under appreciated role of the working class. But, at the same time maybe that’s overreach 

I keep thinking this is a really bad time for labour to be in turmoil and on the verge of lurching right. This crisis gives us an opportunity to point out how and why the 17 & 19 manifestos were completely correct and precisely what the country needed and needs.

Instead of which, with classic labour right lack of public sensitivity and timing, we are likely to elect an absolute wet blanket and start repudiating those exact policies which I believe people are suddenly ready to listen to.

We should be on a war footing right now, but we’re basically letting the government run the agenda, which will continue until the agenda is ‘get ordinary people to pay for all of this for the next 10 years and get all these homeless people back on the streets.’

All the best Sammy. Glad to hear there's some positive news.

Jarg - I agree completely, but Johnson's personal ratings are fine, which is ridiculous given the shambles he's overseen (Trump's is even more mystifying). You know that if, for example, RLB won it and kicked off on them straight away, all the usual suspects in the media would get the govt's back. Saying it's playing politics at a time of crisis, should be supporting the effort, etc etc.

2 minutes ago, LicK said:

All the best Sammy. Glad to hear there's some positive news.

Jarg - I agree completely, but Johnson's personal ratings are fine, which is ridiculous given the shambles he's overseen (Trump's is even more mystifying). You know that if, for example, RLB won it and kicked off on them straight away, all the usual suspects in the media would get the govt's back. Saying it's playing politics at a time of crisis, should be supporting the effort, etc etc.

I haven’t really got a clue. Westminster and electoral politics can’t die as a project just because Corbyn has gone. He was never perfect, but there is some talent coming through now which would never have happened if we’d elected Burnham or someone in 2015.

Unfortunately none of these leadership candidates have got it in them to tell the story well enough to convince people, even though it is clearly there on a plate for us right now. Nandy is the best at story telling and setting agendas but they are the wrong bloody ones!

The media will always have the Tories back, but the margins set the political agenda, not the centre. This is what the Labour right can’t get their head around. Look at Farage, as well as Corbyn. Basically marginal figures who have transformed the political landscape.

16 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

my dad was saying a week ago that they've run out of freezers in parts of the UK - people trying to buy a(nother) freezer to put their hoarding into

Yeah heard that a couple of weeks ago. A friend had to travel to Blackburn to buy one. No choice but extended lockdown due to underlying health issues 

Sammy great news about your Dad, clearly a tough old boy, here's hoping he makes a full recovery.

Great news on your Dad Sammy! We are all pulling for him and for you. 

Got my first two volunteer shifts through from the team leader today which will be Wednesdays and Fridays. Business has dwindled to very little now so I said I’m happy to take more on if it’s available!

Edited by Leo No.8

2 hours ago, sammy & a said:

On dialysis as well now as it attacked his kidneys but but but, they put him in the prone position and it is the first time he has responded to anything and a downward trend has been reversed. They’re going to try him again on his back.

Thanks for checking ☺️

Good signs, Sammy. Good signs.

------------- 

Got my first prescriptions pickups on Monday. The open road. No Traffic. A Dacia Duster, so 45 tops. Windows down. Genesis at full volume.

Edited by Case

8 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Any positivity in it?

I’ve a teething one year old who won’t let me read it.

It’s more broad than that really. I am struggling with the lack of any timescales, and it helped me a bit with that side of things.