Tosh

Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, Tosh said:

In true Tory style, it’s gone self-reporting

Seriously? I've been wondering why we are getting death rates easily from everywhere bar here. f***ing rats just get worse and worse

Fingers crossed Sammy lad

Edited by scoose

Records seem to be kept differently, Germany only record the death as by C-19 if it is the actual cause whereas here it seems to be any death where C-19 is present. 

Anyone able to confirm?

2 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Records seem to be kept differently, Germany only record the death as by C-19 if it is the actual cause whereas here it seems to be any death where C-19 is present. 

Anyone able to confirm?

It’s a major issue this isn’t it?

In order to get on top of things we need facts - tests and joined up reporting based on the same parameters.

Christ almighty. So sorry to read this news Sammy. It’s all been said but I’ll say it again. Best of luck to him. Sincerely hope he comes through this OK. 

Bloody hell are people really doing this....

'Coronavirus coughing' at emergency workers could lead to two years in jail, says CPS

The Crown Prosecution Service has put out a statement today saying that anyone using “coronavirus coughs” to threaten emergency workers could face serious criminal charges. It follows reports that police officers, shop workers and others have been coughed at by people claiming to have the disease.  The CPS says that using coughing in this way as a threat could lead to someone being charged with common assault. And it says that assaults specifically against emergency workers are punishable by up to two years in prison.  Max Hill, the director of public prosecutions, said:  Emergency workers are more essential than ever as society comes together to tackle the coronavirus pandemic.  I am therefore appalled by reports of police officers and other frontline workers being deliberately coughed at by people claiming to have Covid-19.  Let me be very clear: this is a crime and needs to stop. The CPS stands behind emergency and essential workers and will not hesitate to prosecute anybody who threatens them as they go about their vital duties.

Edited by Tommok

I just don't understand. There's no part of that I can even slightly imagine as a mindset.

1 minute ago, Tommok said:

Bloody hell are people really doing this....

'Coronavirus coughing' at emergency workers could lead to two years in jail, says CPS

The Crown Prosecution Service has put out a statement today saying that anyone using “coronavirus coughs” to threaten emergency workers could face serious criminal charges. It follows reports that police officers, shop workers and others have been coughed at by people claiming to have the disease.  The CPS says that using coughing in this way as a threat could lead to someone being charged with common assault. And it says that assaults specifically against emergency workers are punishable by up to two years in prison.  Max Hill, the director of public prosecutions, said:  Emergency workers are more essential than ever as society comes together to tackle the coronavirus pandemic.  I am therefore appalled by reports of police officers and other frontline workers being deliberately coughed at by people claiming to have Covid-19.  Let me be very clear: this is a crime and needs to stop. The CPS stands behind emergency and essential workers and will not hesitate to prosecute anybody who threatens them as they go about their vital duties.

The state of some people, unbelievable

Remember when HIV was new in the world, people used syringes of blood as weapons to mug people claiming they had the bug, the syringe was full of their blood and they'd stab you with it unless you complied.

15 minutes ago, Hus said:

The state of some people, unbelievable

RSPCA worker rescuing a swan was spat at by some yoofs yesterday with a Corona threat...

@scoose I think even the Tories would struggle to get away with people having to report their own death...

29 minutes ago, Bailo said:

I just don't understand. There's no part of that I can even slightly imagine as a mindset.

Banter, innit?

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm not surprised at all unfortunately. The world is full of c****.

Yeah it doesn’t surprise me. 
They keep good civil obedience in North Korea though. 
I wonder if they had any cases ?

Herd immunity was basically a fascist idea, wasn't it? A cull of the weak with the strong surviving.

I also wonder if sacrificing the old and weak for the sake of the economy is any different from sacrificing our grand children's lives in terms of climate breakdown?

So, I'm currently a contractor but was due to go permanent with my client on April 1st.

Everything had been signed off but today they have pulled the permanent role and are offering a 4 week contract extension.

Permanent role to be reviewed in 8 weeks.

This is due to the current situation with COVID-19.

Anybody know if this is legal? I'm based in UK.

Just saw Sammy's post - all the best mate. Put's things into perspective.

Edited by Cunny

24 minutes ago, Cunny said:

So, I'm currently a contractor but was due to go permanent with my client on April 1st.

Everything had been signed off but today they have pulled the permanent role and are offering a 4 week contract extension.

Permanent role to be reviewed in 8 weeks.

This is due to the current situation with COVID-19.

Anybody know if this is legal? I'm based in UK.

Just saw Sammy's post - all the best mate. Put's things into perspective.

That's rubbish - was there a probation period or similar on the permanent role?  Probation vs standard notice period? 

Not sure on the legal aspects - or when they kick in, when you signed your contract or if you needed to start your permanent role.

1 minute ago, Hus said:

That's rubbish - was there a probation period or similar on the permanent role?  Probation vs standard notice period? 

Not sure on the legal aspects - or when they kick in, when you signed your contract or if you needed to start your permanent role.

yeah, there is a probation period.

3 minutes ago, Cunny said:

yeah, there is a probation period.

I think you had a legally binding contract with them when you accepted the offer - it happened to a friend of mine, he went down the legal route, from what we discussed it came down to notice period. Just my thoughts - I am not a legal bod unfortunately.

But assume you plan to accept the extension? Plus would like to continue working with them? With the IR35 rules being pushed back a year - could keep your company open and keep contracting till next year.

Life insurance applications are subject to underwriting limits when submitted. Simply put, the limit depends on your age and requirements escalate accordingly but vary from 'immediate acceptance' to 'Medical access records required', to Medical examination' required', blood tests, cotinine tests required ... you get the gist...

Largely new mortgage related, I have a number of applications in the pipeline, at all times there are GP reports and medicals outstanding.

The new line is 'Our GP surgeries are under severe pressure and we will not be chasing them for medical reports until the crisis is over.'

I'm speechless tbh, the machine is sh*tting itself at the thought of protecting hundreds of thousands of people and families, many of whom could become claimants almost immediately if they fall victim to this dreadful disease.Rather than face the public outcry they're hiding behind a story about how responsible and aware they are, bless 'em.

Just my little rant to bring to everybody's attention to this, it's not just Ashley and Martin are corporate c*nts ......

Edited by Murphman

38 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Dear God America

And people can’t watch a game of football etc....

Or eat in a sushi restaurant.