Tosh

Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

That is fantastic news, a game changer as you say.

As you've been out of action, somebody needed to bring something positive to the forum

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sion said:

Famous people yes. But there's an awful lot of people convincing themselves they have it because they have a bit of a cough. You'd think all other cold and flus had stopped existing. 

This will be true in some cases but I've not been ill for years and never had a dry cough until earlier this year - at its worst I thought I'd see my stomach fly out of my mouth.

The obvious caveat is that we've just experienced a ridiculously wet, mild winter but then where was the runny nose?

A mate telling me there's an announcement later tonight but can't see it mentioned on the Beeb website?

4 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

This will be true in some cases but I've not been ill for years and never had a dry cough until earlier this year - at its worst I thought I'd see my stomach fly out of my mouth.

The obvious caveat is that we've just experienced a ridiculously wet, mild winter but then where was the runny nose?

A mate telling me there's an announcement later tonight but can't see it mentioned on the Beeb website?

Yeah, I had no mucus at all when I was feeling poorly, no streaming eyes, no snot - nowt

1 hour ago, Leo No.8 said:

37 minutes ago, Tommok said:

:)

Perhaps she'll have moved over to the loo in the next update

Bet she has a bidet

Prince Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid-19

Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer-15

Edited by Tosh
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Seeing previously fit people in their 30s get admitted to ITU. Most are over 50 I should add 

27 minutes ago, psl said:

It's weird how some people don't even know they have it whilst others need intensive treatment. 

Seems to have something to do with the infectious dose/viral load or put simpler the amount of the virus you are exposed to at the start of the infection I was reading.  That's why seemingly healthy paramedics etc. were dying of it in Italy and why the nurse is critical in Walsall.

1 minute ago, Redray said:

Seems to have something to do with the infectious dose/viral load or put simpler the amount of the virus you are exposed to at the start of the infection I was reading.  That's why seemingly healthy paramedics etc. were dying of it in Italy and why the nurse is critical in Walsall.

Ah I see.

So we all need to be exposed to enough that we develop immunity but not enough that we get sick.

Or a vaccine as its otherwise known.

46 minutes ago, Tommok said:

Is the current thinking still that if you test positive for having it and then "recover" we assume you're now immune and can't catch it again/carry it and give it to others?

Is there any evidence for thinking that is the case?

I understand that there is enough evidence that this is the case. There are some examples of reinfection but are very far and few between, I have only read about one case but it is definitely isolated. Also this is not uncommon for other diseases where 99% plus are immune but small proportion can be reinfected. 

18 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

I understand that there is enough evidence that this is the case. There are some examples of reinfection but are very far and few between, I have only read about one case but it is definitely isolated. Also this is not uncommon for other diseases where 99% plus are immune but small proportion can be reinfected. 

OK cheers

23 hours ago, Tommok said:

Bloody hell.

Putting to one side the content of what she's saying, why the hell is she doing it from the bath!

I wonder if that's goat's milk in the bath, Cleopatra style

Point of order - Cleopatra - ass's milk, not goat's.

2 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

Also are any of these famous people even seriously unwell? 

Cy Tucker died of it, was in the echo yesterday.  

Ok he’s not Tom Hanks famous like but that’s not his fault

39 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

There is some doubt about the reinfection cases though isn't there? I read a few things about there being doubt as to whether or not the supposedly re-infected individuals had actually fully recovered, and been given the all-clear, from their first bout.

And in separate news...

One of Dinosaur Jr's occasional band members died from it in the last day or two - saw the mini-obit on line earlier.

Edited by charlie clown

18 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

Point of order - Cleopatra - ass's milk, not goat's.

True but then can you imagine the replies if I made a reference to "ass's milk" ;)

Well spotted tho.

Airborne drones in Messina, Sicily, are making sure citizens respect the lockdown. The drone broadcast Mayor Cateno De Luca’s voice saying “What the hell are you doing outside? You don’t go out! That is the mayor’s order and that’s that, I’ll get you one by one”

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

they still haven't bumped Wimbledon, scheduled to start 29 June. 

If the players fetch their own towels and the balls, they can do away with the ball boys/girls. Put the umpire in an even higher chair. Voila: social distancing achieved.

Like to see what that d****ead “oh you can only possibly infect one or two people at a football match” Vallance has to say about the possibility of this being true 

Game Zero: Spread of virus in Italy linked to Champions League match https://m.startribune.com/game-zero-spread-of-virus-linked-to-champions-league-match/569092442/

18 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Like to see what that d****ead “oh you can only possibly infect one or two people at a football match” Vallance has to say about the possibility of this being true 

Game Zero: Spread of virus in Italy linked to Champions League match https://m.startribune.com/game-zero-spread-of-virus-linked-to-champions-league-match/569092442/

AND the match should be retrospectively abandoned and then awarded to us 3-0

Hardly news but my eldest school just sent an email saying they are reviewing their home teaching offer in light of the break being months rather than weeks.

28 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

AND the match should be retrospectively abandoned and then awarded to us 3-0

It’s actually about Atalanta versus Valencia when a third of the population of Bergamo went to the San Siro and celebrated four goals in the biggest game in their history 

2 hours ago, charlie clown said:

One of Dinosaur Jr's occasional band members died from it in the last day or two - saw the mini-obit on line earlier.

Source? Can't see anything about that online...

1 hour ago, D.Boon said:

Hardly news but my eldest school just sent an email saying they are reviewing their home teaching offer in light of the break being months rather than weeks.

Meaning what exactly?