Tosh

Coronavirus

46 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

If he carks it, do we get a day off?

And if as mooted Prince Philip is at death's door, potential four-day weekend in the offing here.

24 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Not had an update on my belled BIL for a while, so.....

As I predicted, after 2 days of him being off work, he calls us yesterday and says 'we're all bored so we are coming round to yours for the day'. He's got 4 kids, says that he is bored of them after 2 days being off, is bored cos he has nothing to do, no hobbies - nothing. f***ing bellend

Presume you've said no chance? If he insists just tell him you've got it and are self isolating. I properly hate your BIL by the way.

Apparently they did a study of a village near Venice testing all 3000 residents and between 50-75% of those infected showed no symptoms at all. Again the suggestion is it has been around longer than we thought. Would be hugely positive news if true, testing of the general population needs to be ramped up massively. 

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I properly hate your BIL by the way.

If YNWA was a panto. Pipnastys BIL would be the c*** everyone boo'd. Then TCs Paxton would come strolling on to cheers and adoration.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

It was mid January when I was pretty wiped out. Weirdly bad headaches, fatigue, sore throat for about a week. Then had cold symptoms for about 4 weeks after. Still having headaches now.

• Like 1

The idea that we already have had it and it's not so bad is a good one but it still doesn't explain why loads of old and vulnerable people weren't dying months ago from it?

1 minute ago, D.Boon said:

The idea that we already have had it and it's not so bad is a good one but it still doesn't explain why loads of old and vulnerable people weren't dying months ago from it?

Maybe they were, but put down to normal seasonal causes 

5 minutes ago, Flasher said:

Maybe they were, but put down to normal seasonal causes 

You don't think a big rise in pneumonia cases would have been Investigated and tested?

6 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

Apparently they did a study of a village near Venice testing all 3000 residents and between 50-75% of those infected showed no symptoms at all. Again the suggestion is it has been around longer than we thought. Would be hugely positive news if true, testing of the general population needs to be ramped up massively. 

Testing should have started weeks ago (if not more), Boris and co only had eyes on the economy. 

I am sure its been around longer - so many reports of Covid or Covid lite type symptoms. 

I have been a bit unwell for a couple of weeks now, intermittent dry cough, though what makes me think it might be Covid is that my asthma has been flaring up along with a tightness in my chest. I have taken my inhaler 6-7 times in the last few days, which is unusual, before then the last time I took my inhaler was November.  But otherwise no other symptoms yet - no fever etc.

Just now, D.Boon said:

You don't think a big rise in pneumonia cases would have been Investigated and tested?

How many died of it last year?  Genuine question, I don't know.  Probably 10,000+

12 hours ago, mofus77 said:

Why the f*** would it not be? literally costs the business nothing to do it (bar a bit of admin).

Well we don’t know that yet. Not wanting to make excuses for businesses, but it is a problem that actual details of how the scheme will work and timescales for the payment of grants still haven’t been issued following the announcement. There’s still no sign of a method for applying being set up. So it remains up in the air when and on what exact terms these funds will be available.

I’ve still received nothing beyond holding emails from my employer telling us no more than they’ll update when they can. Everyone else I know in hospitality or retail in the same boat. Hopefully actual news is available by the end of the week but who knows?

Following my post above, it is a recurring theme that these big support announcements are either not being followed up on promptly (or at all),  or are actively being rowed back on. Take renters being told they would be safe from eviction during the crisis. The actual emergency legislation going through since that announcement achieves no such thing. It merely extends the notice period given to tenants under Section 21 or other forms of eviction from 2 months to 3 months. And goes hand in hand with a commitment from the government to keep the court system running normally. Expect a massive spike in homelessness come June.

25 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

If YNWA was a panto. Pipnastys BIL would be the c*** everyone boo'd. Then TCs Paxton would come strolling on to cheers and adoration.

Ha ha. Epic!  I can just see that now! 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Ha ha. Epic!  I can just see that now! 

Oooooooh no you can’t 

31 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

At that point in time it may have looked and felt normal. 

2 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Italy reporting another fall in new cases which would suggest that lockdown is working

This is good. Picked up again yesterday though I think after the initial slowdown.

Just now, Dan said:

This is good. Picked up again yesterday though I think after the initial slowdown.

That was deaths. New cases continued to fall.  Although the testing variable is obviously always in play.

Hopefully deaths fall again today (well, obviously like)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Redray said:

How many died of it last year?  Genuine question, I don't know.  Probably 10,000+

Pneumonia kills around 30,000 a year in the UK.